• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,592

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sport doesn't live in the past, it lives in the present, and looks forward to the future.
I for one find it difficult to match up what I know people to say. Psg not a real club achieved nothing in the past nothing without oil money same for City and Chelsea. I know so many that think that way and yet get all excited at the prospect of games against these teams. Then you have teams with real class, a rich history but largely out of the modern picture and they are dismissed. I don't get it. I love the romance of the game hearing of the great Milan teams, Nottingham Forest way back when. The Europa league is viewed as a secondary competition yet we've played two former European cup winners to date in it, remarkable.

The past in football is extremely important but the modern game with its Hollywood marketing has blinded people.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Something that made us quite effective was how central Özil and Mkhi moved so as to influence the game more. Kolasinac and Chambers did well enough to then add width to our play. If we get that balance right, we should be able to build up some form.

TorontoGooner76

Absolutely thrilled with the result. I am off work tomorrow and left early today so i could come home, enjoy a nice bottle of Stella Artois and watch the match. Very pleased with what I saw.

In spite of our form lately I always hope for a good result from the team. I just can't understand thinking any other way.

I guess there are many very dissapointed so-called fans today. You know, all those who actually wanted us to lose for some twisted reason. Pathetic. Well let's dedicate this win to them.

Axel9090

Brilliant result. Despite me not being that bothered with the club after recent events, I was still very pleased and excited when I saw us go one and two goals up. Milan were poor, I know was too, but they were at home!

Did anyone notice Wengers glum face when the first goal went in? At least thats what I saw on the highlights. Maybe its his last season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I for one find it difficult to match up what I know people to say. Psg not a real club achieved nothing in the past nothing without oil money same for City and Chelsea. I know so many that think that way and yet get all excited at the prospect of games against these teams. Then you have teams with real class, a rich history but largely out of the modern picture and they are dismissed. I don't get it. I love the romance of the game hearing of the great Milan teams, Nottingham Forest way back when. The Europa league is viewed as a secondary competition yet we've played two former European cup winners to date in it, remarkable.

The past in football is extremely important but the modern game with its Hollywood marketing has blinded people.
It used to be the beautiful game. The European Cup was an incredible competition. The champions of each country were stronger. It was like a mini Euro finals. Players were representing their countries back then. Now, that's way down the list, somewhere between Instagram followers and their own brand... ffs

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Brilliant result. Despite me not being that bothered with the club after recent events, I was still very pleased and excited when I saw us go one and two goals up. Milan were poor, I know was too, but they were at home!

Did anyone notice Wengers glum face when the first goal went in? At least thats what I saw on the highlights. Maybe its his last season.
this is why being a football fan is such hard work - you talk yourself into not caring, or even worse wanting a loss to achieve change, and then get all excited when we win

I bet there's not many on this forum who don't fall into this pattern

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I hope Arsène Wenger gives some of the youth a chance in the league now. The likes of AMN (who looked great when he came on), Eddie Nkietah and Reiss Nelson deserve to start in the PL.

Welbeck looked great tonight but as a striker, he's judged on goals and he didn't score tonight despite putting in a shift.

I'd love for us to revert to 2 strikers on the weekend with Aubameyang & Nkietah with a four man midfield of Mkhi, Ramsey, Özil & Wilshere behind them.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Congrats on the win. As much as I want to see Wenger go, it was getting downright painful to see you get battered every week. Very typical Arsenal this, great performance seemingly out of nowhere against a good team :lol:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
That's very true actually. I didnt dream either when I smoked hard. Or maybe I/we do, but the brain wipes it before we wake?
Nah, bet it's coz by the time you've fallen asleep, you've exhausted everything you can dream off by daydreaming lol.

I've been consistently high for about a year now... Only way I can deal with the team tbf

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This coming from a West Ham fan

I care way more about the current state of Arsenal than West Ham right now :lol: We're a shower of embarrassing ****ing ****e and I want little to do with it. My support isn't blind and I don't want to support the people currently running things at West Ham. There's nothing for me to support right now.

Always had a soft spot for Arsenal, obviously.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I care way more about the current state of Arsenal than West Ham right now :lol: We're a shower of embarrassing ****ing ****e and I want little to do with it. My support isn't blind and I don't want to support the people currently running things at West Ham. There's nothing for me to support right now.

Always had a soft spot for Arsenal, obviously.
At least you don't have someone called Sir Chips, ffs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tell you who was absolute sh*te, that Kessie lad.

He's been hyped up non stop before this, how do some of these guys get so rated, he ran around a lot but whenever he had the ball I half expected him to give it straight back to us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tell you who was absolute sh*te, that Kessie lad.

He's been hyped up non stop before this, how do some of these guys get so rated, he ran around a lot but whenever he had the ball I half expected him to give it straight back to us.
MOTM according to a few on here...

HBL

Established Member
What formation do you think we’ll try and run long term? Guess it depends on the manager but I think Wenger will see out his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom