• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
DXcm0eFX0AAFhyB.jpg

DXcm0eKXkAA7is5.jpg

He really was a beast in his prime. It's tough watching this version of him, those ankle problems was the end of him as a top player.

say yes

forum master baiter
Been giving this guy a rough time lately but I still think he could be a fantastic CB in the right setup.

Needs a dominating, vocal CB beside him though. And should be told to keep it simple with his passing (although I think that’s as much a coaching issue with regards to our buildup than anything else).

Been giving this guy a rough time lately but I still think he could be a fantastic CB in the right setup.

Needs a dominating, vocal CB beside him though. And should be told to keep it simple with his passing (although I think that’s as much a coaching issue with regards to our buildup than anything else).

I think he was as good as they can get in modern Wenger system...

Obviously on the way down, but who wouldn't given his injury situation!

Linson

Koscielny and Mertesacker in their primes were huge. I still remember when we bought Koscielny, he had a close 100% tackle success rate (IIRC) in France, literally impossible to get past him.

He seems to be in a slow demise now. Such a shame.

HBL

Established Member
Koscielny & Koulibaly partnership would be great, with a young player like Diallo/Pavard waiting in the wings to step up.

Think it’s unrealistic to expect Kosc to play more than 30-35 games a season.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think he was as good as they can get in modern Wenger system...

Obviously on the way down, but who wouldn't given his injury situation!

He’s always been a great 1-on-1 defender but think that’s a bit strong.

Always been far too errror prone and lacks any kind of leadership or organisation abilities. Both pretty major flaws in a CB.

Hardly Bonucci with the ball at his feet either - although I don’t remember him ever being as bad as he has been recently in that regard.

OSBK

Established Member
Per and kos in their prime were huge??? It was a decent partnership when it worked but nothing more. If anything per is the main reason kos never developed further. We all used to slate kos for his rashness yet that all stemmed from per weakness.

The guy has performed beyond expectations but is fading fast and damaging the club. We need to move past this holding onto players and get ruthless, move him out and get quality in.

Gamefaced

All these excuses being made for Koscielny please! He has been complicit throughout the years for the poor defensive performances. Never been world class or in the best top 3 defenders in the world.
Sorry, but seriously I don't want to ridicule the guy, but he has been built up by some of our rose tinted fans to be something he is not. Always had a mistake in him.
He has been part of the good, the bad, the ugly and the down right spineless teams we are seeing today. He is a very good defender and nothing more, the best of a bad bunch mostly. He has been replaceable throughout his Arsenal career and if Wenger thought that way we probably wouldn't have some of the rubbish we have knocking around in our defence today.
The best I have seen him perform is when Per was beside him and that probably has something to do with the positioning of Per and his calmness. Per's limitations most likely suited Koscielny's strengths and brought clarity in to his game.
He has not a big enough voice on the pitch and fails to shine when our backs are against the wall, often taking part in the mixture for the football version of crumble.

HBL

Established Member
Like I’ve said, still has a part to play with us, unfortuanltely he’s playing with a psycho at the minute.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Certainly the best CB Wenger signed after Sol - 17 years and counting ffs.

ahem Kolo fvcking Toure?

I love Kos but Kolo was something else

Kos has had to play with some donkeys thou

Kos has pretty much never been really dropped, injured or rested of course but never been dropped due to bad performances

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man's finished, man doesn't care about winning and losing, man's an embarrassing captain..... nah, man's a ****ing legend.
I think being a captain putting him in big pressure he not that vocal guy who screams or point at every player maybe some of our squad players not take him seriously because he too classy

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
ahem Kolo fvcking Toure?

I love Kos but Kolo was something else

Kos has had to play with some donkeys thou

Kos has pretty much never been really dropped, injured or rested of course but never been dropped due to bad performances

Technically he wasn't signed as a CB (RM) but developed into one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom