• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Has Chambers ever played as a RB against a winger with any respectable amount of pace and not get totally skinned? It's basically his signature move at this point. He's slower than paraplegics. And I'm pretty sure the winger he comes up against usually gets MOTM because he makes them look Godly.

I don't blame him. Well kind of, he's obviously not good enough defensively on an individual level. But it doesn't help when the manager is playing you in a position and against a player that's obviously got the better of you.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I'd like to see him and Holding under a new manager before judging him, because defending is not an individual job and it's hard to shine if the team is disjointed.
^ This.

Another player that was signed with no real plan in place. Should leave in the summer to get his career back on track.
I think Chambers, Holding, Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi and even Kolasinac should all GTFO of Arsenal this summer if Wenger is still the manager next season. I can easily see all of them (guys who are often branded “not good enough” on this forum) rescuing their careers and probably even thriving under the right coach and in the proper setup.

Linson

You can't blame Chambers for being played RB.

The modern full back is athletic and quick, expected to contribute to the attack as much as the defence.

Chambers true potential lies in the middle of the park, either at centre half or as a true DM. He's very calm on the ball and picks a pass well. It's unfair to judge him as a RB. It would be much fairer to judge Wenger for playing him there repeatedly.

This should have been sorted out in January when we knew we were selling Debuchy and we'd already sold Ox.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Surely Chambers has to be our number 1 RB ahead of Bellerin now?

Nah, can't be. Go back 2 pages and you'll see the experts in here calling him useless, dumb, slow, weak, you name it.

Kid has loads of potential and should be starting every week.

HBL

Established Member
If we don’t plan on playing him at cb, we should sell him. Decent player, hopefully he can perform well for the rest of the season so we can sell him for more in the summer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we don’t plan on playing him at cb, we should sell him. Decent player, hopefully he can perform well for the rest of the season so we can sell him for more in the summer.

we will be one CB short in the summer

Kos looked great today but a hard season has probably taken its toll on him, already constantly playing with small niggling injuries

if chambers covers for both CB, RB and potentially even DM he will get enough games and so will Holding

still think we have room for a major CB signing

HBL

Established Member
we will be one CB short in the summer

Kos looked great today but a hard season has probably taken its toll on him, already constantly playing with small niggling injuries

if chambers covers for both CB, RB and potentially even DM he will get enough games and so will Holding

still think we have room for a major CB signing
Mustafi can go, absolute garbage

Koulibaly & Pavard/Diallo in

Sell Chambers, Loan one of Holding/Mavropanos, Keep the other.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Has Chambers ever played as a RB against a winger with any respectable amount of pace and not get totally skinned? It's basically his signature move at this point. He's slower than paraplegics. And I'm pretty sure the winger he comes up against usually gets MOTM because he makes them look Godly.

I don't blame him. Well kind of, he's obviously not good enough defensively on an individual level. But it doesn't help when the manager is playing you in a position and against a player that's obviously got the better of you.
No.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chambers is decent but against any pacy winger he'll have absolutely nightmare CB its his best position but he still struggle there

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Chambers is decent but against any pacy winger he'll have absolutely nightmare CB its his best position but he still struggle there
I get the feeling he's better than Senderos and Djorou. Prone to mistakes (but even at his best so was Kos) but at least he fights for the ball. Before selling him I'd like to see him being given a chance at centre back, preferably with a partner who isn't panicking all over the place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I get the feeling he's better than Senderos and Djorou. Prone to mistakes (but even at his best so was Kos) but at least he fights for the ball. Before selling him I'd like to see him being given a chance at centre back, preferably with a partner who isn't panicking all over the place.
His errors at center back are mostly normal errors he just need to learn from those

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That's not saying he's great. Just vastly better than Chambers.
I'll have to disagree on that, because Bellerin has no balls. This guy bombs forward to put a cross in and even gets a shot on target if it comes his way. I'm willing to bet that he would have better numbers in that position than the hipster if he'd get a string of games.

Monreal and Kola both put crosses and score goals from their flank, but Bellerin crosses and scores once in a blue moon.
I am sick and tired of seeing him play it safe every single time by passing it back instead of going forward.

Everybody's going on about his pace, but he's slower now and he's not using the speed for anything productive, so what's the point anymore?
Even his technique took a big dip. Can hardly control a fast pass coming his way with a first touch. He needs two almost every time.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Love this lad. Such intelligent player. Of course, far away from a done deal, but I am glad he is getting minutes

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

I don't agree, speed at right back helps but it is a huge generalisation to right him off.

He's a very very smart footballer, people underrate that aspect of his game so much. While I agree that he's going to end as a centre half, he could easily play an extended run at right back and do more than just a job.

Even last season in the matches he covered for Barragan at right back, he was the best on the park. Very smart in possession, tucks in well in defence and just understands the game better than most. I'd take an intelligent right back like Chambers who lacks pace, then a pacey right back like Aurier or Eboue that lacks intelligence.

pacstud

I'll have to disagree on that, because Bellerin has no balls. This guy bombs forward to put a cross in and even gets a shot on target if it comes his way. I'm willing to bet that he would have better numbers in that position than the hipster if he'd get a string of games.

Monreal and Kola both put crosses and score goals from their flank, but Bellerin crosses and scores once in a blue moon.
I am sick and tired of seeing him play it safe every single time by passing it back instead of going forward.

Everybody's going on about his pace, but he's slower now and he's not using the speed for anything productive, so what's the point anymore?
Even his technique took a big dip. Can hardly control a fast pass coming his way with a first touch. He needs two almost every time.
All that is fine, they're both kids.

Bellerin doesn't piss himself every time he's in a jam. We already have enough problems handing the ball to the other team in the middle of the field, we don't need to start doing it on the right side as well.

Chambers is too slow and turns the ball over way too much. He's not a terrible player, extremism isn't my thing, but he's overrated because of his nationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom