• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

He's looking heavier and labored on the ball. Doesn't help that his football IQ doesn't match the hype. We need to move on to Reiss Nelson

pacstud

Amazing how some can see this as anything than an "average at best" performance.

I thought our weakest link today.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amazing how some can see this as anything than an "average at best" performance.

I thought our weakest link today.
he was the difference with the turns he used to make.

He threw off the whole gameplay of Milan. they tried to press him, and he regularly evaded them.

No wonder Xhaka looked so good.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Milan didn't press us at all until the 2nd half.
they tried but we coped with it much better than the previous matches. It was only when we relaxed mentally in the second half that they started having success.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
they tried but we coped with it much better than the previous matches. It was only when we relaxed mentally in the second half that they started having success.
No, they didn't try. They were standing off with a deep line happy to let us have the ball.
They came out in the 2nd half with a higher line, and more possession, so much so that if you look at the stats for the match, Milan had more possession and most of it came in 2nd half.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No, they didn't try. They were standing off with a deep line happy to let us have the ball.
They came out in the 2nd half with a higher line, and more possession, so much so that if you look at the stats for the match, Milan had more possession and most of it came in 2nd half.
quite strange, as they were playing with two DMs, who were both horrible, especially in the second half. Maybe they didn't press in the first half, but I thought Wilshere was one of the reasons they were so bad.

FinnGooner

Established Member
First half was impressive 2nd half was holding the ball too much dribbling for no reason.

By far his biggest weakness. He does this quite often and the weird thing is he can play 70 minutes of a game without doing it (too much) and the suddenly from out of nowhere he changes his approach to the game and starts his mindless ball hogging escapade.

Newchange

Solid performance by Jack. Having 3 in midfield has to be the way forward now. No more 4-2-3-1........4-3-3 with the look to strengthen the options in the summer by 2..DM - CM

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Jack had a good game yesterday but at the same time when he tried to over-complicate things, he lost the ball and a better team in the next round can hurt us with things like that.

He needs to watch DVDs of Pirlo and Xavi, or even Santi, and see how they managed games from the midfield. (I’m not saying he is like them but he should try to emulate those guys in his playing role)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ramsey and Wilshere going in the same summer, my heart won't be able to take it.
Think we looked our best yesterday than we did all season.... And I think it was down to playing with three in midfield - Ramsey and Wilshere were able to switch off getting forward. If we keep with that formation, go on a run in the league and Europa, and they both get significant game time, then I don't think they will. But we'll see. Mular is saying Ramsey and Juventus have mutual interest in each other.

Longy

If he doesn't want to stay, then so be it. Maybe this is a good time to reinvigorate our midfield, pick one or two of our current lot to keep and try to find players that truly complement them.

Yeh but you know we'd keep Xhaka, who still seems lost. He just doesn't look sharp enough in turning or facing our goal.
He should concentrate on positioning, could be a great DLP.

BobP

Memri Fan
You get concerned about losing players not because those players are irreplaceable demigods but more so because the club is so mind bogglingly lethargic when it comes to buying replacements.

You'd hope that would change with the new head of recruitment, but you just never know.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
quite strange, as they were playing with two DMs, who were both horrible, especially in the second half. Maybe they didn't press in the first half, but I thought Wilshere was one of the reasons they were so bad.

He wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom