• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Token Yank

Just randomly saw a scout nation video of Tanguy Ndombele :eek: Holy ****...

Anyone know anything about him? Looks like he straight out of a video game.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

guys have been wishlisting him badly in the French football thread.

We should be all over him.

Apart from a few Ramsey/Wilshere performances, haven't had a CM who has dominated a single match for us. Arteta was the closest to a consistent CM.

Tottenshit have Dier and Eriksen...sometimes Dembele might have a decent game.

Utd have Pogba and Matic...Carrick before that.

$ity have the best of the world.

The only team who are as bad as us are Liverpool, and even then they have Can and Henderson.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Great prospect, though he probably needs to play next to a DM to be fully effective. He's not the DM himself. Not to say we shouldn't go for him if we want to, just that he's not the DM we desperately need right now.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I mentioned him in the French league thread. He reminds me of Abou Diaby. He is clearly talented but still very young. Having said that I agree with @dashsnow17 assessment. He will need a DM next to him as well.
In any case, our CM is a rebuilding project at this point. FWIW, all the current players there, Xhaka, Jack, Rambo, can leave. We desperately need better talent in Midfield.

StefanB

Manager in: Joachim Löw
Players in: Bernd Leno/Timo Horn, Jonathan Tah, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Julian Draxler

Leno
Bellerin - Mustafi - Tah - Kolasinac
Savic - Xhaka
Mkhitaryan - Özil - Draxler
Aubameyang
With Löw coming in and being a way more disciplined and hands on manager than Wenger's ever been I think this would work. Set up as a counter-attacking team that lies in wait deep before explosively coming to life in the final third, while also being able to control games when needed.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Players in: Bernd Leno/Timo Horn, Jonathan Tah, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Julian Draxler

Leno
Savic - Xhaka
Aubameyang
With Löw coming in and being a way more disciplined and hands on manager than Wenger's ever been I think this would work. Set up as a counter-attacking team that lies in wait deep before explosively coming to life in the final third, while also being able to control games when needed.

I like the look of that. I don't know if Milinkovic-Savic is the right guy to play next to Xhaka just because he's more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, he's a great player though. If we could lure Emre Can here I think he'd do well next to Xhaka. Don't know enough about Leno, I hear he's a bit hot and cold, but I could definitely get on board with that team.

BobP

Memri Fan

I refuse to watch a video of him, mostly because I know we won't get him.

Not in the business of getting my hopes up for nothing.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
---------------Alisson
-----------Can --- Xhaka
----Mkhi ----- Özil ----- Draxler
---------- Aubameyang

Doubt we have the budget for that but whatevs.

Manager - Jardim

Sell
  • Welbeck - 10
  • El-Neny - 10
  • Ramsey - 40
  • Xhaka - 30
  • Campbell - 5
  • Ospina - 5
  • Perez - 5
  • Chambers - 15
  • Monreal - 10 to Bilbao
  • Bellerin - Player Swap (Dembele)
  • Total - 130
Buy
  • Pavard - 20
  • Sidibe - 25
  • O. Dembele - Bellerin + 45
  • Ndombele - 20
  • Fabinho - 50
  • Meyer - Free
  • Tierney - 15
  • Horn - 5
  • Total - 180
Net Spend - 50

Horn
Sidibe Pavard Mustafi Kolascinac

Özil Fabinho Ndombele Dembele

Lacazette Aubameyang​

Divided_Pie

---------------Alisson
-----------Can --- Xhaka
----Mkhi ----- Özil ----- Draxler
---------- Aubameyang

Doubt we have the budget for that but whatevs.
I've watched the last few Liverpool games and I am really liking what I see from Can. Like Xhaka he's not going to win too many footraces, but he does show a little burst at times. More importantly, he's well-built and strong, a very good tackler, and he's got solid technique. He's a true B2B with actual defensive ability. Would love to get him on a free. Would still sell Xhaka though.

I am also gung ho on Alisson. Keeper is the one position we can address without worrying about how he would work with the other players. Also Alisson would work very well as a sweeper-keeper in a system that plays a high line. Spend the money.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Manager - Jardim

Sell
  • Welbeck - 10
  • El-Neny - 10
  • Ramsey - 40
  • Xhaka - 30
  • Campbell - 5
  • Ospina - 5
  • Perez - 5
  • Chambers - 15
  • Monreal - 10 to Bilbao
  • Bellerin - Player Swap (Dembele)
  • Total - 130
Buy
  • Pavard - 20
  • Sidibe - 25
  • O. Dembele - Bellerin + 45
  • Ndombele - 20
  • Fabinho - 50
  • Meyer - Free
  • Tierney - 15
  • Horn - 5
  • Total - 180
Net Spend - 50

Horn
Sidibe Pavard Mustafi Kolascinac

Özil Fabinho Ndombele Dembele

Lacazette Aubameyang​

I was following you until I realized you kept Mustafi. That is a recipe for disaster. This guy must be sold asap.
By the way, Sidibe and Ndombele for 25 M and 20 M? Nowhere close. More like 40 & 35 M at minimum.

Newchange

Leno
Savic - Xhaka
Aubameyang
I really rate Tah think he could become a great CB in the future if coached well. We should be in for him 100% Savic is also a powerhouse but not a natural DM. Dont sleep on Rabiot either he reminds me of Petit technically and hes a physically dominant. 2 Players of height and power added to our spine will really make a difference.

HBL

Established Member
As much as I don’t want it to happen, I think Ramsey could leave in the summer. If we got £40m for Ox, we should be trying to get £50m for Ramsey.

Also, would you sell Bellerin? He’s been poor this season but I can’t think of many other right backs I’d want, apart from Sidibe. I think we should set a £60-70m asking price for Bellerin, which is outrageous, don’t want to sell him but if someone bids that much they can have him.

The reports of our proposed summer transfer budget are slightly concerning but I still think we could have a decent window because we have so many average players to move on in the summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What's Kai Havertz like? Never seen him play before but I bought him on FM and he turns into a clone of Özil.

Top Bottom