• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Newchange

I've watched the last few Liverpool games and I am really liking what I see from Can. Like Xhaka he's not going to win too many footraces, but he does show a little burst at times. More importantly, he's well-built and strong, a very good tackler, and he's got solid technique. He's a true B2B with actual defensive ability. Would love to get him on a free. Would still sell Xhaka though.

I am also gung ho on Alisson. Keeper is the one position we can address without worrying about how he would work with the other players. Also Alisson would work very well as a sweeper-keeper in a system that plays a high line. Spend the money.
The Draxler boat has sailed. Id take Fekir

HBL

Established Member
Do we ever insert buy back clauses when we sell players? Think it would be worth doing with players like Iwobi and Chambers if we can use the funds to bring in better players. Think Iwobi could have a good World Cup, so maybe a loan would be better for him but I don’t think he’s good enough at the minute.

Would also love us to start taking a gamble on younger players again. Seeing the stories about Mbappe etc, maybe just take the risk next time we see a player like that. We need to sign three or four players that improve the starting line up before doing that though. Gk, Cb and a defensive midfielder are a must and so is a winger for me. We need a goal scoring winger, with pace. Özil and Mkhi are great players but neither of them are goal scorers really; particularly Özil. The reliance on Aubameyang and Lacazette is too much at the minute.

I’m quietly confident about the summer transfer window though, I don’t know if it’s false hope or not. Even if Wenger is in charge, I’m not sure how much control the manager will have over transfers now. Previously we would never have signed a player like PEA in January even if a big player had left.

Players I’d sell:
Mustafi - £25m? (Good WC please!)
Lucas Perez - £10m
Joel Campbell - £7m
Akpom - £3m
Ospina - £5m
Chambers - £20m (buy back clause?)
Holding - £10m, again a loan is a possibility but I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough. Can’t defend in a 1 vs 1 situation.
Welbeck- £15m
Elneny - £10m
Martinez- £4m
Cazorla - pay as you play contract
Per - Retiring
Iwobi - Not sure on what his value would be. Thoughts?

On the fence about Xhaka, I do think he
is a decent player but he isn’t good enough to build a team around. If selling him allows us to buy a pure dm like Fabinho, I’d happily do it.

Bellerin - Would only consider selling if a team offers £60m or more. Would replace him with Sidibe.
MUST offer Wilshere/Ramsey new contracts.

Think we could be looking at anywhere from potentially about £70m to £120m (excluding Xhaka & Iwobi) depending on how well they play for the rest of the season and how they do at the World Cup.

Lafont - £15m. Sensible choice, not convinced by the Bundesliga keepers we’ve been linked with or Butland. Wouldn’t mind Hradecky over Horn & Leno though. Allisson would be £50m plus and we aren’t spending that much on a keeper.
Koulibaly - £55m, would compliment Koscileny very well.
Diallo/Pavard - £12m
Fabinho - £45m, ambitious target but we need someone of that mould. Doucoure, Ndidi, Zakaria and Pereira are other options and would all be cheaper. With the exception of Ndidi.
Meyer - Free
Bailey - £50m, the one player I really hope we go after. In terms of premier league clubs I think Chelsea are probably the only other team that will want him.

Lafont, Cech
Bellerin, AMN
Koscielny, Mavropanos/
Koulibaly, Pavard/Diallo
Nacho, Kolasinac, AMN
New DM, Xhaka?
Ramsey, Wilshere
Meyer, AMN
Mkhi, Nelson
Özil, Jeff
Bailey
Auba, Lacazette, Nketiah

That would be the ideal 23 man squad for me. I think we could have the funds to do it as well.

Maybe only one of Xhaka/Meyer.

Loan: Da silva and willock.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

As much as I don’t want it to happen, I think Ramsey could leave in the summer. If we got £40m for Ox, we should be trying to get £50m for Ramsey.

Also, would you sell Bellerin? He’s been poor this season but I can’t think of many other right backs I’d want, apart from Sidibe. I think we should set a £60-70m asking price for Bellerin, which is outrageous, don’t want to sell him but if someone bids that much they can have him.

The reports of our proposed summer transfer budget are slightly concerning but I still think we could have a decent window because we have so many average players to move on in the summer.

If we lose Ramsey this summer, I'd be gutted.

Only way to make up for his loss is to sign Milinković-Savić and also get rid of Xhaka.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If we didn't have two strikers already, I'd have considered making a move for Rashford in the summer, because he's fallen down the pecking order at Manure and I really like the kid.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Hoping we continue with the 4-3-3 formation we had yesterday. If so, I'd do this...

Add somebody like Fekir, who would be perfect in a front three rotation.

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Fekir
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

Then loan Nketiah and Nelson for a season or two.

Still need to add another midfielder too. Somebody like Ndidi/Zakaria/Fabinho. Midfield rotation would then be:

Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka
Ndidi/Zakaria/Fabinho
Elneny
Maitland-Niles

Just keep up with the three in midfield and build our tactical plans around that. I think it works best with the players we have and with how we push the fullbacks forward.

Of course, we still need a new goalkeeper and reconstruct the central defense.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hoping we continue with the 4-3-3 formation we had yesterday. If so, I'd do this...

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Fekir
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

Still need to add another midfielder too. Somebody like Ndidi/Zakaria/Fabinho. Midfield rotation would then be:

Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka
Ndidi/Zakaria/Fabinho
Elneny
Maitland-Niles

Just keep up with the three in midfield and build our tactical plans around that. I think it works best with the players we have and with how we push the fullbacks forward.

Great stuff, could arguably do with another fullback too; someone with great stamina and pace to give width. AMN looks a really good option at fullback too but I'd say we still need another. I'm sure Sven can come up with something.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Fekir
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka
Ndidi/Zakaria/Fabinho
Elneny
Maitland-Niles

Also think we would still benefit from a Jorginho type player. If you can't have Pjanic, and sadly we can't, then Jorginho is basically the next best thing. He knows the 4-3-3 like the back of his hand and he'd ensure we start dictating games from midfield again.

Alisson, Koulibaly & Jorginho would be unreal and bring us much closer to a Champions League outfit. Fekir would be the icing on the cake.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Also think we would still benefit from a Jorginho type player. If you can't have Pjanic, and sadly we can't, then Jorginho is basically the next best thing. He knows the 4-3-3 like the back of his hand and he'd ensure we start dictating games from midfield again.

Alisson, Koulibaly & Jorginho would be unreal and bring us much closer to a Champions League outfit. Fekir would be the icing on the cake.
I wouldn't mind selling Elneny and adding Jourginho in his place. Still think we need a true, imposing ball-winner in midfield though.

HBL

Established Member
Think I’d rather we played 4231 if I’m honest, get Özil back where he belongs.

Auba
Bailey - Özil -Mkhi
Fabinho - Ramsey
Nacho- Koulibaly - Koscielny - Bellerin
Lafont

Then a bench of:

Cech
Kolasinac
Pavard/Diallo
AMN
Wilshere
Meyer/Xhaka
Lacazette

Safe to assume 1-2 players will always be injured so there would be room on the bench for the likes Nelson, Nketiah and Jeff.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Not sure what happened to the Starlets linked thread but this is interesting:

Look at him :lol::

Aevi

Hale End FC

He ruined that poor kid :lol:

I have to say, I'm quizzical about him actually being 12. That physique is absurd for that age. You could have told me he was 20 and I wouldn't question you.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I have to say, I'm quizzical about him actually being 12. That physique is absurd for that age. You could have told me he was 20 and I wouldn't question you.
78 kilos as well apparently :eek: reminds me of those pictures of Lukaku as a 12 year old when he towered over everyone as well

BobP

Memri Fan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, he does have the face of a 12 year old, unlike that lad at Dortmund, Youssoufa Moukoko

Sidenote:

I have this weird fantasy which revolves around watching Yaya Toure playing in the women's world cup. So it'd just be him and the goalkeeper. I'd imagine the result would be something similar to the above.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, he does have the face of a 12 year old, unlike that lad at Dortmund, Youssoufa Moukoko

Sidenote:

I have this weird fantasy which revolves around watching Yaya Toure playing in the women's world cup. So it'd just be him and the goalkeeper. I'd imagine the result would be something similar to the above.

You'd have to offer him some cake to get him to take part.

Hinderz

Growing up playing basketball, I'm always suspect about kids who get such a big physical advantage so early making it. They don't seem to need to work on the holes in their game, because their physicality papers over the cracks and by the time everyone physically catches up over the next 3-4 years they're done.

He's got to play with the older kids if they don't want to stifle his development.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member

:lol: No way he's 12, **** off.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom