• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's not signing. I think the rumoured terms the club are offering are fair enough considering his injury record and the fact we allowed him to put himself first last season. So much for being Mr Arsenal. If he goes on a free, it's a worse betrayal than that of previous players we've lost.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I doubt any other top team or mid even will risk giving him a bigger contract than what he would get here i'd assume.

slightly lower wages but with big bonuses should be the route for him

or he goes to the MSL I guess, he'd be great there

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey and Wilshere going in the same summer, my heart won't be able to take it.

Think we need to pull the trigger and get rid of both. We can't be paying the type of wages to these guys and get the return (in terms of the number of games played) that we currently do.

You can take Ramsey to miss 20 games a season (all comps) per year - that's diabolical for a centre midfielder whilst Jack is one big injury away from being in the scrap heap.

Blow the midfield up and start it again

HBL

Established Member
Football fans are incredibly fickle. Go back to December/January and I’m sure people were raving about his performances week in, week out. A couple of average performances and 50% of people in here want him gone.

He has been one of the bright sparks in an awful season and he is probably one of about 9 players that I’d actually want to keep.

nick gould

Jack had a good game yesterday but at the same time when he tried to over-complicate things, he lost the ball and a better team in the next round can hurt us with things like that.

He needs to watch DVDs of Pirlo and Xavi, or even Santi, and see how they managed games from the midfield. (I’m not saying he is like them but he should try to emulate those guys in his playing role)
Forget pirlo - the guy was a passing machine. Jack is not much of a passer, he is a dribbler who can play simple passes. When he first broke through I thought he would be like inieasta. He should watch luka modric and veratti. He will also need Ronaldo ‘s training regime to work on his fitness levels. He tires after a while because dribbling is so so demanding on the body.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at City next season.

have they showed any legit interest before?

for sure they can offer good wages and stick him on the bench

but is that what he actually wants?

I kinda think first XI fotball is more important to him, to his credit

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jack had a good game yesterday but at the same time when he tried to over-complicate things, he lost the ball and a better team in the next round can hurt us with things like that.

He needs to watch DVDs of Pirlo and Xavi, or even Santi, and see how they managed games from the midfield. (I’m not saying he is like them but he should try to emulate those guys in his playing role)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...alonso-andrea-pirlo-bid-england-x-factor.html

Jae

have they showed any legit interest before?

for sure they can offer good wages and stick him on the bench

but is that what he actually wants?

I kinda think first XI fotball is more important to him, to his credit

They've been linked to him fairly often in the past. Pep is a fan of Wilshere and I think his playing style suits City down to the ground.

The only team I can potentially see him being a bang on 1st team starter at is Liverpool. All the other teams he's going to have to fight tooth and nail for his place.

If it was an issue of wanting guaranteed first team football then he pretty much already has that. The sticking point in the new contract talks seems to be wages.

I don't think he deserves a massive increase in what he is already getting (due to his injury problems) but no player at his age and of his ability is going to take a pay cut (as is being reported) to remain here - especially with the club in its current state. To be fair I can't think of a reason why he would other than his love for the club.

If he announces he's leaving Big clubs will be queueing up to get him this summer.

Tom349

I think it is in everyones best interest if Wilshere leaves at the end of the season. He isn't good enough for the level we want to be at whilst demanding the wages that he is so unless he is willing to accept that then there isn't any need for him, El Neny plays the role just as well if not better at a fraction of the price and without the added baggage.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If we have to choose between Ramsey and Wilshere, it's Ramsey all day long. Wilshere not consistent enough and shouldn't be requesting the wages he wants.

Where is his end product? End product = pay day. He just does too much drifting for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom