• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Don't think it necessarily has to be a bad thing they are missing Neymar. He is too dominant in that team, everything goes through him at the detriment of other quality players and he also does more harm than good for the team spirit I think.

Don't think it necessarily has to be a bad thing they are missing Neymar. He is too dominant in that team, everything goes through him at the detriment of other quality players and he also does more harm than good for the team spirit I think.

Yeah must be terrible having Neymar in the team. Hope we don't go for this selfish bastard when PSG get rid of .

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I saw Le Classique yesterday, was a nice game to watch, much better than your average PL game where most of the teams just Park the bus.

Neymar’s selfishness is a hindrance. His absence can be a blessing in disguise for PSG. Mbappe’s injury though could be a problem.

A 433 with
Meunier Silva Kimpembe Kurzawa
Rabiot Motta Verratti
Di Maria Cavani Draxler

Or a 4231 with
Meunier Silva Kimpembe Kurzawa
Rabiot Verratti
Di Maria Pastore Draxler
Cavani

^ This team can still win against Real Madrid.

BobP

Memri Fan
Hearing murmurs that Favre and Nice may separate at the end of this season.

Wolfsburg are interested.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Should poach Cyprien from them. Great, modern midfielder, can do it all pretty much. Technically excellent, strong, quick, defensively aware, nose for goal, great free-kick taker. Scored the winner this weekend, on his ‘weaker’ foot even.

BobP

Memri Fan
Should poach Cyprien from them. Great, modern midfielder, can do it all pretty much. Technically excellent, strong, quick, defensively aware, nose for goal, great free-kick taker. Scored the winner this weekend, on his ‘weaker’ foot even.

That injury from last season really set him back, basically lost a season and a half. A bit like when Fekir was emerging and suffered an injury which kept him out for ages, had to reestablish himself all over again.

Cyprien is a very unique player. His only weakness is the defensive side of his game. Don't get me wrong, there's a real willingness to work on his part he's just a bit erratic when it comes to it.

BobP

Memri Fan
Plea goes ballistic, scoring 4 and guiding Nice to victory.

Have always liked him, very unique player. Not sure if he's looking to make a jump and if so how he'd adapt.

Would be interested to hear how he's perceived in France @carlito'sway. Is he rated?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Plea goes ballistic, scoring 4 and guiding Nice to victory.

Have always liked him, very unique player. Not sure if he's looking to make a jump and if so how he'd adapt.

Would be interested to hear how he's perceived in France @carlito'sway. Is he rated?

Very good player...was on an upward trajectory until he got severely injured last season. If he continues to progress I am sure he will come into Deschamps radar, the problem though is that France is loaded with talent upfront.

CanadianGooner1608

Thought I'd post this. Monaco is on a 14 undefeated streak. We get a nice little Fabinho goal at the 2nd minute mark of the video. Other goals from them came from Jovetic and Rony Lopes.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway so what is new from the France league. Who are doing well and who should we be aiming for and who do you think we will actually aim for in the summer market?

Not much that we don't know or haven't mentioned already. We may be able to grab one or two full backs in France though if needed. The new Mendy at OL, Lala at Strasbourg and the two from Montpellier, Roussilion and Mukiele, are really impressive talents.
I also mentioned Lecomte the Montpellier keeper as perhaps the best GK in Ligue 1. Besides that, the same suspects, Lemar, Fekir, Cyprien etc...

Eduardo_da_Silva

Not much that we don't know or haven't mentioned already. We may be able to grab one or two full backs in France though if needed. The new Mendy at OL, Lala at Strasbourg and the two from Montpellier, Roussilion and Mukiele, are really impressive talents.
I also mentioned Lecomte the Montpellier keeper as perhaps the best GK in Ligue 1. Besides that, the same suspects, Lemar, Fekir, Cyprien etc...

I am sure Grimandi has none of those names in his notebook.

Newchange

Hows Lemar been doing since his injury? Will he be in the world cup squad? Will we be in for him in the summer?

carlito'sway

Established Member
French NT calls up for this week. Interesting list. If Ben Yedder plays well, Laca may be in trouble.

Alphonse Areola (PSG), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham).

Défenseurs : Lucas Digne (FC Barcelone), Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Djibril Sidibé (Monaco), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Samuel Umtiti (FC Barcelone), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid).

Milieux : Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus Turin), Adrien Rabiot (PSG), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich), N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea), Thomas Lemar (AS Monaco).

Attaquants : Olivier Giroud (Arsenal), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Anthony Martial (Manchester United), Florian Thauvin (Marseille), Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelone), Wissam Ben Yedder (FC Séville).

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
What do you think about the Neymar fuss, is it possible that he'll leave PSG this summer? It would be a big blow for PSG's brand, but it might be good for the team. Or is it just a fake drama to get a pay rise (just like Veratti does every season)? :rolleyes:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom