• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj_sds

Wait why do fans thing we will do any better by refusing to turn up at the stadium?

It is mutual relationship... what was the saying again victory through harmony.

The fans have been **** for better part of last 2 years.

Yes lets go support the team while we slide to midtable medicority. The club with the 6th highest revenue in world football is just 5 points clear of ****ing burnley. How dare the fans, they should be ashamed and go support our multi millionaire heroes that dont bother to show up for games 90% of the time. How dare those fans protect themselves from the emotional roallercoaster dumpster rides they go through every ****ing season because of these heroes who fight for them on the pitch once in a blue moon. How dare they not bother to show up when half of the squad doesnt want to sign a new deal and its these same fans who will witness mismanagement in its full glory. How dare they show their discontent with the way things are going. Wenger and this whole ****ing club can go and play in north korea, those people are probably the real fans.

Yes lets go support the team while we slide to midtable medicority. The club with the 6th highest revenue in world football is just 5 points clear of ****ing burnley. How dare the fans, they should be ashamed and go support our multi millionaire heroes that dont bother to show up for games 90% of the time. How dare those fans protect themselves from the emotional roallercoaster dumpster rides they go through every ****ing season because of these heroes who fight for them on the pitch once in a blue moon. How dare they not bother to show up when half of the squad doesnt want to sign a new deal and its these same fans who will witness mismanagement in its full glory. How dare they show their discontent with the way things are going. Wenger and this whole ****ing club can go and play in north korea, those people are probably the real fans.

You dont know what it is to be a real supporter until you have to support the team through medicority.

It is easy to support when you are winning but the team need the most support when they are losing.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
You dont know what it is to be a real supporter until you have to support the team through medicority.

It is easy to support when you are winning but the team need the most support when they are losing.
I think it is not about winning or losing. It's the attitude of the club that pissed of everyone. If the club genuinely tried for the trophies and failed, fans would still cheer the team. When we were paying of the loans for Emirates shift, we never won the trophy. Did you see wide spread protests at that time? No. Because the fans understood the situation. Fans got frustrated only after we started screwing up even after the financial burden was cleared away. Fans had every right to be angry at the club.

I think it is not about winning or losing. It's the attitude of the club that pissed of everyone. If the club genuinely tried for the trophies and failed, fans would still cheer the team. When we were paying of the loans for Emirates shift, we never won the trophy. Did you see wide spread protests at that time? No. Because the fans understood the situation. Fans got frustrated only after we started screwing up even after the financial burden was cleared away. Fans had every right to be angry at the club.

Yes its not about winning or losing even if the rest of your post says it is about winning.

I have been with my local team when they were at the top in the country, going through medicority, falling down a division, getting disbarded, watch a bunch of academies players play for free while rebuilding, getting back to the top and win a two domestic cups in last three years. Me and so many others helped the team for free and the culture was amazing and now we have one of the strongest fans in the country. Every manager speaks it is impossible to visit our island and play against our team because you are not playing against team you are playing against army.

Ive been twice to Emirates. It is wonderful stadium. And wonderful people you meet around it before and after the game. The energy is insane. Arsenal is still a team that wins most home games. I see no reason why tickets holders shouldnt turn up and have a nice day.

But i mean if they dont want to fine by me. But Im still gonna say they are not a good fans.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Our fans are paying some of the highest ticket prices in the world to watch some of the worst footballers in the world. I really don't think they/we deserve a bashing. If the club was so worried by the falling attendances, lower prices. What was the incentive for fans to turn up to City at home, knowing we were going to get battered, on a snowy Thursday night and paying sky high prices to boot? None.

As I keep saying, it's not just the ticket expense either. You have the expense of getting there, food, programmes etc. I don't live far from London but it's not worth my while paying for all that.

pacstud

Fans "vote" with their pocketbook. It's all they have (well, that and airplane banners I guess). I have no problem with fans voicing their discontent by boycotting the team and its paraphernalia.

I would say that crossing the line into pulling for losses, etc is a slippery slope. I understand why it happens, but think it speaks ill of the "fan".

Basically, all fans should root for their team at all times. Spending money? That's a different story altogether.

Owners don't listen to the fans, they listen to their accountants.

That being said, I think every fan base has a lot of "frontrunners" who are mega fans when the team is strong and whining little children when the team is losing. None of that sort here of course, but they're out there for every fan base ;)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its not been an enjoyable atmosphere at the stadium for years. I always used to go through my membership or one of my dads/dads friends season tickets when they couldn't but now never do.

I dont see Wenger going being a quick fix to attendance either. Unlikely the new guy will bring success with player quality & general ambivalence is dangerous. Feel it will drop year on year now... Just wait for Sp**s & Chelseas to open!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When fans boo/protest at games, people tell them don't come to games if you're going to air your grievances. Yet when they end up deciding not to come, they're told that they're not real fans. What do people actually want them to do, just sit there and blindly accept what's happening to the club?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
People have every right to spend their money/time any way they want.. If they don't feel going to the games is what they want to do for whatever reason that's their decision and I have no problem with that..

If we start winning again the fans will come back, it's up to the team/club to get them back on their side if they are concerned about attendance. The attendance always gets announced as over 50k though, would have been nice if some of those empty seats got sold to people who'd love to go to a game instead of being unused.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Put it this way, there's FAR more chance of people voting with their feet now than there was 25 years ago. It doesn't make you less of a fan if you've shelled out for a season ticket and you don't fancy going. It must also be **** that you can't even keep your seat occupied by lending it to a friend of a friend of a friend, never mind sell it!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I dont see Wenger going being a quick fix to attendance either. Unlikely the new guy will bring success with player quality & general ambivalence is dangerous. Feel it will drop year on year now... Just wait for Sp**s & Chelseas to open!
A new manager will have the place packed to the rafters. If tickets are available to red members when we have a new manager, I'll always buy them.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

A new manager will have the place packed to the rafters. If tickets are available to red members when we have a new manager, I'll always buy them.

I'm the same. I've looked at games this season and thought no I'm not wasting cash going to see the same old **** served up. When the new man comes in it will bring a new sense of excitement and I'll definitely go more if I can. Even if we are crap under the new manager it will be something different and I look forward to it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm the same. I've looked at games this season and thought no I'm not wasting cash going to see the same old **** served up. When the new man comes in it will bring a new sense of excitement and I'll definitely go more if I can. Even if we are crap under the new manager it will be something different and I look forward to it.
A worst, it'll be interesting to see us fail in an unfamiliar way :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom