• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People have every right to spend their money/time any way they want.. If they don't feel going to the games is what they want to do for whatever reason that's their decision and I have no problem with that..

If we start winning again the fans will come back, it's up to the team/club to get them back on their side if they are concerned about attendance. The attendance always gets announced as over 50k though, would have been nice if some of those empty seats got sold to people who'd love to go to a game instead of being unused.
Some football fans will go regardless and enjoy watching, even if the team loses. Those supporting teams at the bottom of the league in particular, otherwise they'd have no fans. They'll support their team through thick and thin and see it as their duty as a fan.

Some only want to go if the team is winning regularly and if not, they're disappointed and angry. Staying away is a method of forcing change until they get what they want. They see it as their duty to lift the club by culling the deadwood.

Which camp you're in depends on your outlook on life and your upbringing. There's no right or wrong here. It's the diversity of human nature. :lol:

Some football fans will go regardless and enjoy watching, even if the team loses. Those supporting teams at the bottom of the league in particular, otherwise they'd have no fans. They'll support their team through thick and thin and see it as their duty as a fan.

Some only want to go if the team is winning regularly and if not, they're disappointed and angry. Staying away is a method of forcing change until they get what they want. They see it as their duty to lift the club by culling the deadwood.

Which camp you're in depends on your outlook on life and your upbringing. There's no right or wrong here. It's the diversity of human nature. :lol:

I remember when my mother took me to all games even she didn't know anything about football. At the time there was no stadium for the people so they just sat on the blankets and we were allowed to run around, play with other kids while the game went on, watch it and cheer, go and ask my grandfather for money for candy...

It was cult, and even if we lost most games and the wind most of the times went over 30m/s it was still enjoyable moments.

But man... I mean if you have a choice to stay home and cry about it why not do that instead of going to one of the greatest stadium in the world and suck in that amazing energy when a lot of people come together!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Maybe it is problem with all of us modern people... We can get so much satisfaction just from our home with our netflix, spotify, computers and smartphones we don't feel like we need to go out and take part in life as much as we did. Sad times.
We're half way to virtual reality where you can experience life without risk. And walk a mile in someone else's shoes. The ultimate empathy machine.

Imagine being in Wenger's shoes :eek:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I find it a bit bizarre that this needs to be explained to people.

Also, why is not going to the stadium being less of a fan. Am I less of a fan because I can't afford a season ticket? Am I less of a fan because I live thousands of KMs away? Am I less of a fan because even if I lived around the block and earned hundreds of millions of pounds a year I'd still be a new father with responsibility to my 8 month old daughter?
Guess the fact that I go to work with 5 hours sleep because I stayed up to watch Arsenal get pummeled by Bayern mid week (or worse, Ostersund) doesn't count? Maybe the fact that I only miss 3 games a season (my personal quota which I have admittedly surpassed this season) doesn't count either? Are the 35 odd shirts dating back to the 90s not enough evidence of my love for this club?

Some people are just never satisfied until you're handing them your hard earned money in return for them showering you with a show of sh!t

Man I had to rearrange my Wedding date because of our games but hey I'm not a true fan because I don't go to the stadium.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Sorry but this has made it look much more black and white than it truly is. After the stadium move I'll bet there were many fans in your first group that were priced out of the game.. Forcing them to become part of group two.,..

Arsenal HAVE NOT been good to their fans in recent years. The AGMs are testament to this. Anybody trying to sugarcoat this situation and blame the fans is delusional.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sorry but this has made it look much more black and white than it truly is. After the stadium move I'll bet there were many fans in your first group that were priced out of the game.. Forcing them to become part of group two.,..

Arsenal HAVE NOT been good to their fans in recent years. The AGMs are testament to this. Anybody trying to sugarcoat this situation and blame the fans is delusional.
Not sure this is true. Certainly the most expensive season ticket prices are high at Arsenal.

But this from the Independent.

Last season, the league introduced a three-year cap on away ticket prices of £30 and this season's average away ticket will be £26.

Our survey does not include a club-by-club breakdown of costs but it is understood the fall in the average cost of an away ticket is partly down to Arsenal's decision to price all away tickets at £26, a positive step for a club often associated with high prices.

A survey carried out in December showed Arsenal have the most expensive single ticket prices at £97. Other London clubs though, Sp**s £95, Chelsea £87, West Ham £80.

But our cheapest single ticket prices are £27, Chelsea £41. The cheapest ticket prices at Swansea, Watford and Bournmouth are over £30. Everton £38, City £35.

Arsenal ticket prices are high, but the story is still continually over hyped.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/premier-league-tickets-prices-cost/p3a46sx6u8kr14mmpp7kn5dwt

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Which camp you're in depends on your outlook on life and your upbringing. There's no right or wrong here. It's the diversity of human nature.
People used to go regardless of what was happening on the pitch because it was cheap and you could have a good beer and and laugh without having to eat beans on toast for the next six months. Everything about the day-out has outgrown inflation now, so it's easier to say '**** it'.

The teams at the bottom have usually never won **** all, so their fans don't know any different. They go for the day out and nothing else, because its also **** where they live.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure this is true. Certainly the most expensive season ticket prices are high at Arsenal.

But this from the Independent.

Last season, the league introduced a three-year cap on away ticket prices of £30 and this season's average away ticket will be £26.

Our survey does not include a club-by-club breakdown of costs but it is understood the fall in the average cost of an away ticket is partly down to Arsenal's decision to price all away tickets at £26, a positive step for a club often associated with high prices.

A survey carried out in December showed Arsenal have the most expensive single ticket prices at £97. Other London clubs though, Sp**s £95, Chelsea £87, West Ham £80.

But our cheapest single ticket prices are £27, Chelsea £41. The cheapest ticket prices at Swansea, Watford and Bournmouth are over £30. Everton £38, City £35.

Arsenal ticket prices are high, but the story is still continually over hyped.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/premier-league-tickets-prices-cost/p3a46sx6u8kr14mmpp7kn5dwt
We lead the way & the market at caught up somewhat. Alot of the bad will towards the club started then.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The teams at the bottom have usually never won **** all, so their fans don't know any different. They go for the day out and nothing else, because its also **** where they live.
:lol: Shouldn't the fans of the teams who have **** all be even more frustrated at continuing to win **** all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Shouldn't the fans of the teams who have **** all be even more frustrated at continuing to win **** all.
No, that's not how it works. That's the beauty of it, for them... Unless you're a West Ham fan, where you'll think you should be in the CL every year...

Success breeds entitlement, and if there's no real reason why your club shouldn't remain competitive at the top level, only for you to drop off a cliff, then it'll piss people off. They may get used to it over time and the crowds will come back (see Sp**s), but the initial reaction will be one of anger. Unless is changes, you start not caring for your own good. Next thing you know, you're a 'sleeping giant'. Forest, Villa fans... They were angry once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom