• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
A competent manager should be able to setup a great midfield with

jack, Xhaka, Ramsey

together they have everything you need from a midfield

they compliment each other nicely, neither of them are out and out ballwinner but they won't be bossed around and can all get stuck in

Ramsey can bomb forward and not leave the midfield exposed

Xhaka doesn't have to go forward and have his lack of speed be seen
he stays in the middle, drops down if needed

Jack tie everything together

a solid almost purely ballwinning midfielder to compliment sure up the defensive against the big sides , and could play with 2 of any the 3

Mkith can cover for either Jack or Ramsey (and obviously for Özil)

Wingbacks can provide width, either striker can drift out and there is still one left (plus Özil and someone from midfield

Jack can go doen the wing if needed and ramsey to

4-3-1-2 does anybody have a logical argument against it?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ramsey could easily choose between United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Think Chelsea will miss the CL too, so he will choose between Liverpool and United. He has better starter chances at United and they don't have many good CM's and get's a big wage.

Don't know, why he should sign a new contract. Despite his injurys he is too good for us at the moment and he never get's the credit from the fans he deserves.
Who is he displacing in United's midfield? Mourinho would eviscerate Aaron Ramsey's soul. With Keita coming to Liverpool and playing where Ox does, who is he displacing? He's too slow technically and athletically for what they do. I don't doubt that he may have a better time under a better manager but this notion that he's some sort of brilliant player who is going to waltz into any midfield on earth that's being bandied about is lunacy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Man United are starting Scott McTonimay and Ander Herrera on a regular basis, Ramsey gets in easily over them. And tonight Liverpool started Can (who's a free agent this summer) and Milner, could see him getting in over Wijnaldum as well.

I'm sure other managers would back themseleves to get performances out of some of our maligned players, Mourinho's alleged texts about Ox/Theo tell you as much.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Man United are starting Scott McTonimay and Ander Herrera on a regular basis, Ramsey gets in easily over them. And tonight Liverpool started Can (who's a free agent this summer) and Milner, could see him getting in over Wijnaldum as well.

I'm sure other managers would back themseleves to get performances out of some of our maligned players, Mourinho's alleged texts about Ox/Theo tell you as much.

Wouldn't mind Can signing for us

An improved coq really

If we insist on three at the back (yuck) hed be great for that to

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Think Ramsey is too much like Pogba for you, he's best in a free role and not suited to distributing play from deep. You need an heir to Carrick more than anything.
isn't matic the Carrick heir? they need someone to replace scholes methinks, better version of Herrera basically, someone in Kroos mould would complete that midfield with Pogba and Matic.

Crocrodile

Both McTominay and Herrera do more defensive work than Ramsey.
McTominay at whatever age he is at plays a more mature football game than our own Ramsey at 27. Not a bad player to have who 'll do the dirty work or whatever the coach asks from him, good bench player to have.

Herrera is head and shoulders above in every aspect of football bar being a goal-threat.

In fact, Ramsey's only real asset is being a goal threat, he acts a ST playing CM and plays like a commando, who btw gets injured about twice per year. I 'd love to see him under a new manager but he and Wilshere aren't what you want if you want to get back to the top. We need three new starters in midfield methinks.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Both McTominay and Herrera do more defensive work than Ramsey.
McTominay at whatever age he is at plays a more mature football game than our own Ramsey at 27. Not a bad player to have who 'll do the dirty work or whatever the coach asks from him, good bench player to have.
Ramsey showed he can put in a shift defensively in 13/14, if he's instructed by someone like Mourinho to stay disciplined he'd easily outperform those two.
Herrera is head and shoulders above in every aspect of football bar being a goal-threat.
Herrera is a dreadful footballer.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
His issue is finding a club bigger than ourselves with more chance of trophies. Pretty much a guaranteed starting role & a very big contract.

No longer a kid... 27 going on 28 this year.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Why not tbh, we're in need of numbers in midfield. Carrick joining our coaching staff, Fellaini leaving. We are down to our bare bones with McTominay albeit playing well as one of our main starters.

Also where are you getting Liverpool are signing Jorginho from, there are a number of lubs in for him including Man United, Liverpool and Man City.
devastated if you take him.
devastated if we see Ramsey in another shirt that is not Arsenal.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Now that I think about it he'd be too much of a liability positionally for Mourinho.

:lol: Ramsey under Mourinho or Pep would be benched within a month and sold within 6 months.

He'd work for Klopp, me thinks. But Mane, Salah, and Firminho would probably hate his guts for crowding them on the pitch.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Now that I think about it he'd be too much of a liability positionally for Mourinho.
i think actually that Mou must love his work-rate, he puts so much effort runs and recovery, he can press, i mean he looks a very Mourinho type of player and if it is between him and Pogba he would go for Ramsey its a long shot but i think it can happen if you lose Pogba in the summer.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

No way to tell whether that's due to Arsenal's coaching or him having zero awareness. If anything, his ability to find space off the ball makes me lean towards the former.

Could see Ramsey be devastating under Mou. Puts in the work defensively and then acts as a dangerous outlet on the counter. Would work really well with Lukaku's link up play I reckon.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
:lol: Ramsey under Mourinho or Pep would be benched within a month and sold within 6 months.

He'd work for Klopp, me thinks. But Mane, Salah, and Firminho would probably hate his guts for crowding them on the pitch.

I agree.
He's not consistent enough and is too injury prone.

Maybe he'd start in the current Man Utd team. But it's a team who got knocked out by Sevilla and was out of the title race for months.
So it's just a good team.

Tbf I don't get the hype around Ramsey. He's just a good player but he doesn't have what it needs to be a starter in a team that challenges for CL or PL trophies.

If you look at the best CM in Europe atm they're much more complete players than Ramsey. Their overall contribution is a lot better. They defend better. They dominate the midfield. They're much more consistent. They play most of the games. They make their team play much better. They're smarter with the ball. They know when to slow down the game and just keep possession.
They don't lose the ball when they're closed down by the opponent. They have great technique they can easily dribble 2 or 3 players to make a great pass for their team mates to initiate counter attacks.

Outside of his engine and his runs he doesn't bring enough to the table for a midfielder.

Cazorla was much closer to a big club CM than Ramsey would ever be. He could keep the ball under pressure. He had the technique and the skills to go past any player and launch a quick counter attack. Ramsey can't.
Tbf it's no coincidence if we're getting worse since the Cazorla injury.
I'm not saying Ramsey is the only one at fault but the main issue is that we don't have a complete midfielder in our squad. Ramsey isn't.

I think he'd be great in a 3 man midfield alongside a pure DM and a Cazorla type of midfielder.

Ramsey showed he can put in a shift defensively in 13/14, if he's instructed by someone like Mourinho to stay disciplined he'd easily outperform those two.

Tbf I don't think so.
I've read the same things about Alexis under Mourinho.

I think some of our players have developped bad habits in their game that are really hard to get rid off.

Last edited:

Newchange

I must be the only one who thinks Ramsey is OVERRATED. I mean hes being mentioned with clubs like Real Madrid,Man Utd,Chelsea. And compared to players like Kroos,Pogba,Santi. Seriously?. Ramsey is an average premier league midfielder who belongs at a watford or swansea in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom