• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That takes major heart to stay in the game despite being outplayed and robbed of a penalty in the first half. That next level mentality is what Arsenal need, but for that we'll have to change our whole hiring policy. Wenger rarely has a Chiellini type player at the top of his transfer list and that's the problem. Our next manager needs to make some unglamorous but effective signings to bring the right mentality in the team and the fans will have to support him as he does so. Sorry but the likes of Özil and Mkhitariyan are just crowd pleasing signings, but they are just not the type of guys you want in your corner on a night like this

We have played like that many times before , also with Özil and Ramsey there . In fact that is how we play best .

Malky

Established Member
I was baffled you didn't bring him back after his incredibly successful loan spell. Cech was clearly on the slide and has gotten even worse.

Didn't think much of it when you sent him out on loan but he was legitimately awesome for Roma, yet Wenger somehow thought geriacech was a better option.
Pretty sure it was because of his relationship with Wenger he left, apparently they're not on good terms anymore.
People seem to overlook just how brilliant Szczesny was at Roma, he was keeping Alisson on the bench, a keeper alot of this forum is now wishlisting.
It's a sad situation that we sold one of Europes best keepers because of a manager that we're now all desperate to get rid of 8 months later. :(

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
he was keeping Alisson on the bench, a keeper alot of this forum is now wishlisting.
Alisson was signed in 2016 and was an understudy for Szczesny, so of course he kept him on the bench. Otherwise they wouldn't have prolonged the loan for another year.
Apparently Roma is operating on a tight budget, which is why they trusted the brazilian and didn't pull out the money for our guy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was baffled you didn't bring him back after his incredibly successful loan spell. Cech was clearly on the slide and has gotten even worse.

Didn't think much of it when you sent him out on loan but he was legitimately awesome for Roma, yet Wenger somehow thought geriacech was a better option.
It had to be personal between him and Wenger. It can be the only explanation

Malky

Established Member
Alisson was signed in 2016 and was an understudy for Szczesny, so of course he kept him on the bench. Otherwise they wouldn't have prolonged the loan for another year.
Apparently Roma is operating on a tight budget, which is why they trusted the brazilian and didn't pull out the money for our guy.
Alisson was signed as competition, he was highly rated when he went to Roma, and Szczesny never put a foot wrong for them to drop him.
Yes Roma had the option to buy but couldn't afford him and already had Alisson, so Juve paid the fee instead and now have him as Buffons successor.
Strange that you're making comments on a player you admitted that you haven't watched much since he left us, but still think " he's a clown " :rolleyes:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Alisson was signed as competition, he was highly rated when he went to Roma, and Szczesny never put a foot wrong for them to drop him.
Alisson wasn't signed as competition. He was signed as a successor, considering that Roma weren't going to spend the money on Szczesny.
Strange that you're making comments on a player you admitted that you haven't watched much since he left us, but still think " he's a clown " :rolleyes:
I replied to another comment after that and said that I'll wait to see how he fares after Buffon retires, but for us he was a clown with very erratic decision making and if that's changed over the past couple of years, then I tip my hat to him.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Hope to see this in the QF

Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Bayern Munich vs A.S. Roma
Juventus Turin vs Liverpool
Manchester United vs Manchester City

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

My boy starting with a fresh cut.

DYMGwmtWkAEaOLO.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Man Utd look like choking this. They can't get going at all. One goal for the Spaniards will blow this up.

Top Bottom