• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pundits and their wisdom

Malky

Established Member
This wasn't some ordinary interaction with a footballer, they saw him on the road and drove up right alongside him. They wanted to bait him into a reaction, they knew he'd most likely be pissed about the result. It's like the time Mourinho shoved that teenager who was filming him, he had no interest in just trolling him; he wanted some kind of reaction to go viral. Nobody is trying to excuse Carragher's behaviour, there's just a debate over how he should be reprimanded.

I can't believe what I'm reading here, that people would rather be punched than spat on. The latter is obviously disgusting and degrading but it's never caused anyone to get knocked out or have their nose broken.
So by their logic, Carragher should of stopped their car, got out, then punched the girl or her father and that would seem less offensive and violent and would make him less of a bad person? Unbelievable.
Yes spitting is disgusting, but to be punched by someone angry enough could cause determinant damage, hit hard enough and in the right place could kill someone. But nah, I'd rather be punched than spat on o_O. ****ing hell.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
So by their logic, Carragher should of stopped their car, got out, then punched the girl or her father and that would seem less offensive and violent and would make him less of a bad person? Unbelievable.
Yes spitting is disgusting, but to be punched by someone angry enough could cause determinant damage, hit hard enough and in the right place could kill someone. But nah, I'd rather be punched than spat on o_O. ****ing hell.
Maybe he has Hepatitis.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Could only imagine what @GDeep™ would do in such a situation..

Also, Carragher didn't spit at them, it was equivalent to a wave of saliva, massive gob.
What's the charge when if you accidentally drown someone? Still manslaughter I suppose... Well he nearly got done for that.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Totally agree. If my wife punched me I'd be upset but probably pin it down to frustration on her part. If she spat in my face I'd be seriously offended and I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for a divorce lawyer.

I don't condone abuse of any nature though.

Ask your wife if she's rather you break her jaw or spit on her.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Seriously, it's as if you've been hacked :lol:

This wasn't some ordinary interaction with a footballer

I reckon you're right there...

they saw him on the road and drove up right alongside him. They wanted to bait him into a reaction, they knew he'd most likely be pissed about the result. It's like the time Mourinho shoved that teenager who was filming him, he had no interest in just trolling him; he wanted some kind of reaction to go viral. Nobody is trying to excuse Carragher's behaviour, there's just a debate over how he should be reprimanded.

No, he.... The girl wasn't driving. And judging by her reaction, which is more than what you've got to go on, she wanted no part of it. The narrative you're creating is false.

First you say they were 'following him around', before admitting to not even knowing if that happened, then you're bagging up the most innocent party of all, the victim!

Also, how do you draw a comparison with a kid who was harassing Mourinho on foot, inches away from him, with Mourinho practically stranded with no way out unless he ran, with a guy pulling up alongside another bloke... in a car... who sped off?

I can't believe what I'm reading here, that people would rather be punched than spat on. The latter is obviously disgusting and degrading but it's never caused anyone to get knocked out or have their nose broken.
I wasn't referring to the Carragher incident there. I was addressing Rimaal's foolish effort.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ask your wife if she's rather you break her jaw or spit on her.
Look at this nonsense argument you're trying to run with... I said I, as in ME, a guy, would rather take a punch from my partner than be spat at by her. I dont expect a women to prefer a punch in the face, but then who knows? As much as you'd probably like to believe that you do, you don't speak for every women on earth.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: No, that's not the 'logic'. That's quite a severe exaggeration ffs. See my reply to AG. Jesus wept.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No, he.... The girl wasn't driving. And judging by her reaction, which is more than what you've got to go on, she wanted no part of it. The narrative you're creating is false.
Let's not argue semantics here, he or they it's not a huge difference is it? I'm not blaming her or calling her the instigator.
First you say they were 'following him around', before admitting to not even knowing if that happened, then you're bagging up the most innocent party of all, the victim!
The initial report I read stated that they "spotted him" a few miles from Old Trafford. Unless they just happened to be driving side by side with him at the same exact speed and then by some chance turn to see him in the next lane, it stands to reason that they made the effort to get in such close proximity.

And how did I bag up the victim? I blame her dad, not just for the incident with Carragher but for endangering her by filming while driving as she's in the front passenger seat.
Also, how do you draw a comparison with a kid who was harassing Mourinho on foot, inches away from him, with Mourinho practically stranded with no way out unless he ran, with a guy pulling up alongside another bloke... in a car... who sped off?
I'm comparing the intent of the interaction. This isn't like randomly seeing a celebrity and asking for a picture. This guy saw an opportunity and got his phone out. It's entrapment in all honesty.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm comparing the intent of the interaction. This isn't like randomly seeing a celebrity and asking for a picture. This guy saw an opportunity and got his phone out. It's entrapment in all honesty.
You're creating this 'intent' though. This all all based on your strange premise that they went all out for a reaction, and it's rubbish! Not everyone who films a footballer after a resukt is seeking a reaction. Like that even matters anyway. This is so disturbingly strange. Entrapment :lol::lol::lol:o_O

Where AG gone, and what have you done with him?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You're creating this 'intent' though. This all all based on your strange premise that they went all out for a reaction, and it's rubbish! Not everyone who films a footballer after a resukt is seeking a reaction.
What else is the purpose of the dad filming his interaction with Carragher then? He wanted to get his reaction (good or bad) on camera, it's WorldStarHipHop/TMZ syndrome.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why do you come onto this forum? I don't spit or hit my wife so I won't bother asking her. As usual you've completely derailed the subject so you can stand on your high horse over a hypothetical situation
YOU brought up your wife, not I. YOU said you would tolerate your wife hitting you but would divorce her if she spat on you. I was simply wondering if she would have the same response.

Don't pose hypotheticals if you don't like them posed back at you.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What else is the purpose of the dad filming his interaction with Carragher then? He wanted to get his reaction (good or bad) on camera, it's WorldStarHipHop/TMZ syndrome.

He saw a famous person who is paid to be opinionated on TV and thought he'd take the piss. All he did was harmlessly poke fun at Carragher and his team. This was literally banter at the most basic level.

Carragher had two options here:

A. Smile, acknowledge that you/they got one over him/them, roll up the window and get on with your day.

B. Behave like a ****ing child and spit on someone for yelling the result of a game.

The fact that he was filming it is completely irrelevant. If Carragher had picked choice A, the man would've had a completely harmless fun little video he could show to his mates at work. Hell, Carragher might even have gotten some more respect for taking it on the chin. Instead, the ****ing idiot decides to do something most of us haven't done since elementary school.

This is 110% on Carragher, and I don't even see how that's up for debate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The fact that he was filming it is completely irrelevant.
:lol: Listen to the guy's reaction after Carragher spat at him, of course it's relevant. He got the reaction he was looking to provoke.
This is 110% on Carragher, and I don't even see how that's up for debate.
Nobody is absolving Carragher of blame. He should never have engaged with the guy and just kept driving.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
:lol: Listen to the guy's reaction after Carragher spat at him, of course it's relevant. He got the reaction he was looking to provoke.

It's irrelevant regarding what Carragher did. If anything you'd think someone filming him would make him behave better than he normally would, which is shocking considering what he did.

I'm not sure the guy filming wanted this kind of reaction. He's hardly the first to film a celebrity like this. I find it hard to blame the guy for capitalizing on the reaction though, given how over the top it was.

Example: If I come in here after a win over you lot and write something like "Get in :D", it's obviously meant as harmless banter. Would it upset some? Sure. But the extent of it would be someone telling me to "**** off" (likely @THunter :lol: ) while most others would take it on the chin and write something along the lines of "You played well/well deserved!". That's what usually happens, and we all move on.

Now imagine if the reaction was you instantly permabanning me for that post. Was that the reaction I was looking for? No, but it was certainly a reaction I'd be inclined to pass on as "AM mods are a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes" somewhere else :lol: That's basically what this guy did. The reaction he got was so over the top that there was no reasonable way he could've expected that to happen, and it was so out of line that he wanted to pass it on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom