• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Rodgers is a joke. This is the man who led Celtic to a CL defeat against LINCOLN RED IMPS! Ancelotti not a long-term prospect. The rest, anyone will do, although I find the idea of Simeone distasteful.

Rodgers is the gamble. Liverpool play great football going forward, tbh they played that before klopp and it started with Rodgers. What killed Rodgers was Liverpool were and are shocking defensively. Rodgers will end up at another top job no doubt, will be interesting to see what he does.

i find the idea of simeone wonderful.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Rodgers is the gamble. Liverpool play great football going forward, tbh they played that before klopp and it started with Rodgers. What killed Rodgers was Liverpool were and are shocking defensively. Rodgers will end up at another top job no doubt, will be interesting to see what he does.

i find the idea of simeone wonderful.
What killed Rodgers at Liverpool is the players didn't respect him, thought the job was too big for him. At Celtic, by contrast, the fact he was an ex-Liverpool manager made him a big name for the job. But seriously, even Christian Gross would win the Scottish league with Celtic at the moment. Even Vic Akers.

Simeone would be great defensively but the man has been a cynical cheat all his life.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What killed Rodgers at Liverpool is the players didn't respect him, thought the job was too big for him. At Celtic, by contrast, the fact he was an ex-Liverpool manager made him a big name for the job. But seriously, even Christian Gross would win the Scottish league with Celtic at the moment. Even Vic Akers.

Simeone would be great defensively but the man has been a cynical cheat all his life.
The fly on the wall documentary of Rodgers at Liverpool was ill advised. It made him look incompetent.

During training they weren't listening, players making stupid jokes and laughing . . like a raw teacher getting chewed up.

Can't see that happening with Pep, Klopp or Wenger.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Of all the ex-players, Vieira as our manager intrigues me the most and I'm surprised I rarely see any shouts for him over other ex players when he has more experience/proven more as a manager..

I think straight after Wenger is too big a task for any of the ex players and we need someone with way more experience, but I hope we keep Vieira in mind for the future if he continues to prove himself as a manager.

Because sadly City are grooming him to take over at a later stage be it as Manager or Director of Football.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

What does he mean by "I have a feeling that he might..." - wtf is that? He speculates, he woke up with a hunch, or he knows something from inside? I mean it doesn't make any sense to come out with this statement if there are no real moves from within.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hmmm

It would be odd to make a statement like that without inside info but we’re talking about someone who makes money by creating drama in football so I’m not going to get excited

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Hmmm

It would be odd to make a statement like that without inside info but we’re talking about someone who makes money by creating drama in football so I’m not going to get excited
could be he knows Wenger is going to step down, but not the timing, so it's part knowledge and part speculation

which does make sense

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

To me Jardim just seems like the right choice and I can imagine he will be ready for a new challenge.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think Jardim coming here would be a good move for him. Expectations are pretty low, we are sixth and he could slowly work us back in the mix. We might lose some players from time to time, but we are too rich to face an exodus like Monaco did in the summer.

There isn't much to win for him in Monaco anyway, PSG will always dominate domestically unless all the pieces fall in the right places which doesn't happen often.

say yes

forum master baiter
From: http://7amkickoff.com/index.php/201...ow-much-arsenal-players-hated-alexis-sanchez/

Honigstein has written and spoken about “the German players” in the Arsenal locker room many times in the past. In one particularly hard-edged article, he revealed that these German players often wondered what exactly Arsène Wenger did to earn his paycheck, saying that these players thought that Wenger’s methods were outdated and that he often didn’t prepare the players well. In that same article, he said that ahead of one match Wenger drew a wolf on the board and told his players to play like wolves. They won the match and afterward the players were howling in the dressing room. That article has since been taken down and I asked Honigstein why on twitter. His response is that the Red Bull site where the article was published removes articles after a time.

Per Mertesacker's autobiography is officially going to be the hottest event of 2018.

Longy

****ing Wolves !!!!!
Play like wolves !!!!

That's is the best Mr Bean impersonation I have heard....

The crazy thing is that it is 100% believable.

If the German players in the team are questioning Wenger's methods, then Özil signing a new contract means that either he is aware that Wenger is leaving this summer or this story is complete bullshit.

Personally, I highly doubt Wenger draws a wolf on the board and tells them to play like wolves. It makes no sense. It would make more sense if he showed them a video of a wolf pack, howling, together like a team. But either way, I think he is aware that they're fully grown adults. Maybe he drew a wolf for Sanchez because hes so infantile there is no other way to get through to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom