• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

We ****ed.

Since there’s no Arsenal summer transfer thread yet.

What the **** is this lol, 30mil? Thats the type of budget Newcastle have and they got an owner who is looking to dump the club!

Looks like we better switch our managerial search to Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce..

Pathetic if true lol

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We have quite a few very sellable assets Lacazette, Xhaka, Mustafi.

Sure we make a loss on what we bought for but who cares when they flopped.

Add in Ramsey & Hector with the rumours... Another busy summer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Strikes me as them buying to stop Liverpool, Arsenal or anyone else in the league having him. They don't need him. Them and Pep are the death knell for a competitive premier league.
According to the article their main target is Hazard, but since Chelsea won't sell him they're "settling" for Lemar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hazard to City makes no sense in any logical universe. At some point there simply isn't any more space on the pitch. I can see why they'd go for Lemar though. With Bernardo Silva & Lemar they'd have two tiny technical inside-forward-playmaking-wingers to triangle-pass teams to death even more than they're already doing.

I reckon Pep's ultimate goal is for his team to triangle-pass so much and so relentlessly that at some point the opposition just has a mental breakdown right there on the pitch and takes up pottery or knitting instead.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Two interesting tidbits from BBC's gossip compilation:

Real Madrid have agreed a deal in principle to sign Bayern Munich and Poland striker Robert Lewandowski. The 29-year-old's agent had also held talks with Chelsea and Manchester United. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Former Bayern Munich and Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann says the German giants have been in contact with Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino over their soon-to-be-vacant managerial position. (Sky, via Mirror)

So, Lewandowski to Madrid, Pochettino to Bayern, Bayern needs a Lewandowski replacement...

Well, it opens up some interesting possibilities.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Two interesting tidbits from BBC's gossip compilation:

Real Madrid have agreed a deal in principle to sign Bayern Munich and Poland striker Robert Lewandowski. The 29-year-old's agent had also held talks with Chelsea and Manchester United. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Former Bayern Munich and Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann says the German giants have been in contact with Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino over their soon-to-be-vacant managerial position. (Sky, via Mirror)

So, Lewandowski to Madrid, Pochettino to Bayern, Bayern needs a Lewandowski replacement...

Well, it opens up some interesting possibilities.

Poor from Madrid if they are indeed going for Lewa. Obviously he's the best no. 9 out there, but if I were in their shoes I'd go for Kane or Icardi; younger with more years to give.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Poor from Madrid if they are indeed going for Lewa. Obviously he's the best no. 9 out there, but if I were in their shoes I'd go for Kane or Icardi; younger with more years to give.

True. Although after the results of this season they may be looking to add the guy who is most ready to step in there with Ronaldo & Co. for the short term to grab that league title back from Barcelona and maybe win the Champions League again. When you're Madrid, you can deal with the future when it comes.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
True. Although after the results of this season they may be looking to add the guy who is most ready to step in there with Ronaldo & Co. for the short term to grab that league title back from Barcelona and maybe win the Champions League again. When you're Madrid, you can deal with the future when it comes.

True, plus you never know, they could well be lining up a Neymar move next year or so. Neymar and Madrid go together like a tan leather jacket in a sleazy nightclub.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
he stepped up a couple of levels lately, never thought he was an top level player till probably last season.
he has tones of space and liberty in Sp**s due to their system, but he is definetly quality, dont know if Real Madrid/Barcelona quality, but you can do with some creativity upfront.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Lewandowsky to Madrid is a fantastic move for them.
They still need a game changer winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom