• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdoulaye Doucoure

afcb

Though not a pure dm he is def what’s needed powerful and can defend and track back as well as being good on the ball. Won’t cost a fortune and is better than xhaka and would cover our defense neglecting midfielders

benjamin86

Established Member
Also while we're looking at Watford players Femenia has been good all season, would be excellent competition to Bellerin.

Last edited:

afcb

Gk
Hector cb Cb Kola ( new lb)
Fabinho
Özil Dacoure
Nelson Auba Mkh

Fab can be the power dm we need and dacoure will help out back there. When we lose the ball we have 2 mobile midfielders who can defend. Özil can worry about attacking and dacoure is b2b. Need min 2 cb atleast one with pace. Like to see nelson unleashed but i wouldnt complain if 2 direct wingers were signed either. A lot of
Money will need to be spent

Newchange

I get the need for a mobile B2B but this guy isn't the answer. We need quality not quantity. The only player at watford we should have an interest in is Richarlison.

nick gould

I get the need for a mobile B2B but this guy isn't the answer. We need quality not quantity. The only player at watford we should have an interest in is Richarlison.
Why because he is Brazilian. He has not scored for a long long time whereas Dacoure is contributing with the goals nicely for a holding midfielder.

Newchange

Why because he is Brazilian. He has not scored for a long long time whereas Dacoure is contributing with the goals nicely for a holding midfielder.
Nothing to do with being Brazilian. He clearly has a high ceiling and has a Costa like streak about him that I like. He reminds me of a young Anelka. Under the right coach I believe he could become a quality forward.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Gk
Hector cb Cb Kola ( new lb)
Fabinho
Özil Dacoure
Nelson Auba Mkh

Fab can be the power dm we need and dacoure will help out back there. When we lose the ball we have 2 mobile midfielders who can defend. Özil can worry about attacking and dacoure is b2b. Need min 2 cb atleast one with pace. Like to see nelson unleashed but i wouldnt complain if 2 direct wingers were signed either. A lot of
Money will need to be spent

That's not really his style of play, he's great positionally and usually keeps it simple.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He started the game pretty well against us, but then wasn't really blocking our attacks and at one point got outmuscled by Miki.
Don't know what to say about that other than him being suspect defensively.

LG10

He started the game pretty well against us, but then wasn't really blocking our attacks and at one point got outmuscled by Miki.
Racial stereotypes have made people assume he’s strong when he isn’t. Extremely mobile and a huge engine but not a powerhouse.

benjamin86

Established Member
Ndidi might be a better buy than Doucoure, more defensively minded and younger. I'd imagine they'd cost similar figures? Ndidi maybe 5m more?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ndidi might be a better buy than Doucoure, more defensively minded and younger. I'd imagine they'd cost similar figures? Ndidi maybe 5m more?
They are different players all together, you buy one over the other depending on what you need.

benjamin86

Established Member
They are different players all together, you buy one over the other depending on what you need.
True although Doucoure has played the Ndidi role. Ndidi is more what the current squad needs but if Wilshere and/or Ramsey go Doucoure would be needed.
(we could do with both if Wilshere and Ramsey don't agree contracts)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ndidi is more defensive, but I thought his passing was very good today actually.

afcb

Ndidi would be a great buy and at 21 will still improve. Dacoure would be a good signing thougg not a pure DM and mario lemina could be worth a shout too as a dm who can also play a bit

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Exactly what we've been missing in midfield, guy can handle his own in a battle and wont allow us to get bullied anymore whilst also got the technical ability to get the ball down and play.

i could swear that we were also reading the same exact things about Xhaka. he was steel presence in midfield, they said. he won't take nuffin from nobody, they said.

he was the second coming of gilberto, technical DM who isn't afraid to get stuck in. ooooh how we been duped.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

i could swear that we were also reading the same exact things about Xhaka. he was steel presence in midfield, they said. he won't take nuffin from nobody, they said.

he was the second coming of gilberto, technical DM who isn't afraid to get stuck in. ooooh how we been duped.

Anyone who compared him to Gilberto or claimed he was a DM at all clearly never seen him play before he came here. This stuff about us needing a tough "no-nonsense" destroyer type DM is becoming a bit of a cliche tbh.

Top Bottom