• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubLevel

The only thing I will say is that with the right group of players (i.e. first team) he looks a much better player and plays his part well. Throw him in a team of youngsters/reserves and he does seem to struggle.

I do see similar traits to Petit/Song though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only thing I will say is that with the right group of players (i.e. first team) he looks a much better player and plays his part well. Throw him in a team of youngsters/reserves and he does seem to struggle.

I do see similar traits to Petit/Song though.

You can apply that to any footballer, it is a team game

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
My hope is that he works on his physicality a little bit more. He is starting to play with a lot more freedom (trying a lot more things) which is something I had said was in his locker.

Hopefully he keeps on growing as I believe he could become a very important player. His engine is ridiculous.

Gegen Pressing

My hope is that he works on his physicality a little bit more. He is starting to play with a lot more freedom (trying a lot more things) which is something I had said was in his locker.

Hopefully he keeps on growing as I believe he could become a very important player. His engine is ridiculous.

I'd like to see him doing some drag back turns and more acrobatics..just to losen up

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He looked confident when he came to us and then fell into a malaise of negativity, which is hardly surprising given the bad vibes surrounding the club, but he is suddenly getting more adventurous.

He has a good attitude, I'd be delighted if he kicks on.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Fitness wise, the difference between him and Wilshere over the last two games was stark.

Against Southampton Elneny ran and ran, box to box. Only 4 days later he covered even more ground against CSKA and his closing down was superb.

Wilshere on the other hand was falling over, didn't have any acceleration and looked physically exhausted.

Mind you, Elneny hasn't been injury ravaged for years and probably doesn't smoke either. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Fitness wise, the difference between him and Wilshere over the last two games was stark.

Against Southampton Elneny ran and ran, box to box. Only 4 days later he covered even more ground against CSKA and his closing down was superb.

Wilshere on the other hand was falling over, didn't have any acceleration and looked physically exhausted.

Mind you, Elneny hasn't been injury ravaged for years and probably doesn't smoke either. :lol:

Ramsey has been injury ravaged for years and he still runs all game, I don't think injuries effect your stamina too much because you can still do cardio most of the time while injured.

Wilshere just looks unhealthy, his body is shaped weird and he's aged badly. He looks like the Rooney type that doesn't take of himself too well. His stamina has bee an issue for a while now.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Headed for cult hero status.

There is only one Eboue...

emmanuel-eboue-arsenal-blackburn-rovers-premi_2004198-740x431.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Alright, enough now.... Bigging up Elneny, U-turns on Welbeck etc etc... And the same people are angry that we're **** and are miles off the CL places. He's done ok recently, but he's a waste of a squad place. We should have a better option than him.

As you were.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Alright, enough now.... Bigging up Elneny, U-turns on Welbeck etc etc... And the same people are angry that we're **** and are miles off the CL places. He's done ok recently, but he's a waste of a squad place. We should have a better option than him.

As you were.
Like who? Apart from City I'd have him over any of the 4th choice midfielders at the other top clubs:
United-McTominay
Chelsea-Drinkwater
Sp**s-Winks
Liverpool-Milner

Elneny is a solid enough squad player, no point in getting angry at him because the players ahead of him in the pecking order haven't performed consistently this season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Like who? Apart from City I'd have him over any of the 4th choice midfielders at the other top clubs:
United-McTominay
Chelsea-Drinkwater
Sp**s-Winks
Liverpool-Milner

Elneny is a solid enough squad player, no point in getting angry at him because the players ahead of him in the pecking order haven't performed consistently this season.

Both Drinkwater and Milner are miles better than Elneny.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
United-McTominay
Chelsea-Drinkwater
Sp**s-Winks
Liverpool-Milner

I'm not mad at him, I'm happy to see him contribute. But overall, his Arsenal career has been poor, even if it's been better than Xhaka's, but that doesn't say much. I agree he can be solid option (lets no rewrite his Arsenal career because of that pass the other night), but the fact is he hasn't really been a success even as 4th choice. Players like this are part of the problem.

Hate to say it again, but we're how many points off 4th? It can't be because everything's ok and all our squad players are great, can it?

say yes

forum master baiter
One of those players that just makes me angry tbh.

Two years in our squad, two years of opportunities we could have been giving to Maitland-Niles or Willock - and for what? A couple of decent passes in one Europa League game?

Good to see some improvement but he’s still achieved absolutely nothing at the club. We’re two years in and you can count his good performances in our shirt on one hand.

Has never looked for a second like he’s going to be good enough to start here. Pointless signing.

Furious

:lol: Ridiculous posting.

How so?

What Drinkwater did at Leicester, Elneny only could dream of achieving with his pathetic sideways passing. That Chelsea isn't working out for Danny isn't anything worth wasting time over, they've managed to ruin better players.

Milner is a fantastic pro tbh. Not gonna pretend I know exactly what his level is like these days, but what he has shown throughout his career and knowing that he still get plenty of games for Pool gives me enough confidence to know that he's a better player than Elneny.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
i see furious is talking about what both drinkwater and milner DID and not what they are right now.

also, people should stop about Neny passing simple or sideways only, cause you are making yourself look ridiculous.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
One of the brightest midfielders in the league. for sure. Shows so much awareness & mostly knows where to position him to receive the ball and create overloads on the flanks or half spaces.

Not entirely sold on the idea of him being our starting midfielder moving forwards but he's still a good option.

Furious

i see furious is talking about what both drinkwater and milner DID and not what they are right now.

also, people should stop about Neny passing simple or sideways only, cause you are making yourself look ridiculous.

Here comes "ArsenalLover".. Arsenal literally have the best players in every position according to you, one wonders why we are so far behind.

I was on about who I would rather have in my team. Elneny finally having a couple above average games right now, doesn't change the fact that he's not as good as the other two.

Milner btw. has 14 starts and 29 apps overall league apps in a team that's 17 points above us. 6 starts and 10 overall CL apps with actually 8(!!) assists for a team he just helped reach the semis the best competition in the world. Seems to be doing quite well right now then.

Chelsea only play with 2 CM's so Drinkwater hasn't played as much, especially when it's quality players like Kante and Fabregas. But that doesn't take the quality away from Drinkwater at all, he's easily better than Elneny. However the difference between us and them is that they ship out underperforming players out quickly. We on the other hand have waited ages for Elneny to have a few acceptable performances, but it's all good because I can see the wankparty on the horizon you and the likes of @Gooner n Proud will throw that he "only cost us 5M" like some used with Giroud.

Wtf? His passing his pathetic. Imagine actually thinking otherwise, let alone sharing that opinion with others ffs. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom