• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Alright, enough now.... Bigging up Elneny, U-turns on Welbeck etc etc... And the same people are angry that we're **** and are miles off the CL places. He's done ok recently, but he's a waste of a squad place. We should have a better option than him.

As you were.

Our poor league position has more to do with the manager than the players we have. Sp**s and even Liverpool aren't that special, its just the manager is making players play out of their skin.

Salah was always talented klopp has turned him in to a beast. Son was like gervinho but now plays like a world beater.

If an allegri .was manager I'd sat we'd be in the mix for the CL places, no doubt about it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's been in great form recently and at 25 he still has a lot of time to improve. I don't think he'll ever be a nailed-on starter for us but he's proving to be a very good squad option.

Seeing as Drinkwater has been mentioned I'll make a wee comparison. They're both essentially 'workhorse' type squad players. Fair enough if you think Drinkwater is better, but neither are really starting quality for a top 6 side. Elneny cost us roughly 7 times less than Drinkwater cost Chelsea and he's quite happy to play the role of squad player. On the other hand there are stories that Drinkwater isn't happy with his game time at Chelsea. What the f*ck did he expect? He's not the brightest spark if he really thinks Chelsea bought him to be their starter.

If I had to choose between a 35m Drinkwater who thinks he's better than sitting on the bench or a 5m Elneny who's happy to be patient and contribute when needed, then I know who I'd rather.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What Drinkwater did at Leicester, Elneny only could dream of achieving with his pathetic sideways passing. That Chelsea isn't working out for Danny isn't anything worth wasting time over, they've managed to ruin better players.
Drinkwater had 1 stand out season, I don't think anyone was going crazy over what he did for the rest of his career.
Milner is a fantastic pro tbh. Not gonna pretend I know exactly what his level is like these days, but what he has shown throughout his career and knowing that he still get plenty of games for Pool gives me enough confidence to know that he's a better player than Elneny.
That's the thing, you're looking at what he's done in the past. Milner was a very good CM at Villa but he hasn't shown that level in years. The reason he has as many appearances as he does this season has more to do with Henderson and Can's injury problems than anything.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Drinkwater had 1 stand out season, I don't think anyone was going crazy over what he did for the rest of his career.

That's the thing, you're looking at what he's done in the past. Milner was a very good CM at Villa but he hasn't shown that level in years. The reason he has as many appearances as he does this season has more to do with Henderson and Can's injury problems than anything.

Still showed a level way beyond the capability of Elneny.

So exactly the same reason as Elneny. Milner was also fantastic for City, not just at Villa. He's also much more versatile, started 36 games for Pool last season, most of them at LB tho.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Elneny isn't world class but if a few more squad players had kept themselves fit and showed the same effort he does,we might not have won more but I'm sure we'd be 10 points better off to say the least. An upgrade in quality would be amazing but he fights for the shirt even if he did get lucky with us and from the player himself, I can't really ask any more.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Here comes "ArsenalLover".. Arsenal literally have the best players in every position according to you, one wonders why we are so far behind.

I was on about who I would rather have in my team. Elneny finally having a couple above average games right now, doesn't change the fact that he's not as good as the other two.

Milner btw. has 14 starts and 29 apps overall league apps in a team that's 17 points above us. 6 starts and 10 overall CL apps with actually 8(!!) assists for a team he just helped reach the semis the best competition in the world. Seems to be doing quite well right now then.

Chelsea only play with 2 CM's so Drinkwater hasn't played as much, especially when it's quality players like Kante and Fabregas. But that doesn't take the quality away from Drinkwater at all, he's easily better than Elneny. However the difference between us and them is that they ship out underperforming players out quickly. We on the other hand have waited ages for Elneny to have a few acceptable performances, but it's all good because I can see the wankparty on the horizon you and the likes of @Gooner n Proud will throw that he "only cost us 5M" like some used with Giroud.

Wtf? His passing his pathetic. Imagine actually thinking otherwise, let alone sharing that opinion with others ffs. :lol:
give me what u are smoking. those hallucinations sound good
worst answer ever, after you said it yourself in previous post how you dont know about milner today and how good both were

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
give me what u are smoking. those hallucinations sound good
worst answer ever, after you said it yourself in previous post how you dont know about milner today and how good both were

But it's true. All of our players are the best in their positions according to you, even some ****ty squad player like Elneny, lol.

I said that about Milner because I don't watch Liverpool enough to pretend I know what level their squad players exactly are on. However I did watch watch Milner help his team to the semis of the CL and he certainly looked better than Elneny.

Reactions: BBF

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
But it's true. All of our players are the best in their positions according to you, even some ****ty squad player like Elneny, lol.

I said that about Milner because I don't watch Liverpool enough to pretend I know what level their squad players exactly are on. However I did watch watch Milner help his team to the semis of the CL and he certainly looked better than Elneny.
what is it? cant be thc, must be something stronger

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Elneny isn't world class but if a few more squad players had kept themselves fit and showed the same effort he does,we might not have won more but I'm sure we'd be 10 points better off to say the least. An upgrade in quality would be amazing but he fights for the shirt even if he did get lucky with us and from the player himself, I can't really ask any more.
I can agree with this. Elneny surely was never the answer. The fact that he (A decent squad player) is being used as a starting player is of no fault of his own. In fact, he has deserved the starts.

The real shame here is a manager who doesn't know what he has, how to use the players we have and how to improve them. Elneny should be starting these types of games (Newcastle), that is why we bought him.
For his price he has delivered the goods. I never expected a 50M level player, I just expected the dedication, heart and desire he has shown.

What grates me is that this 5M player has on several occassions shown up players we've paid more than double for and then gets stick for being part of the leagues worst midfield.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I can agree with this. Elneny surely was never the answer. The fact that he (A decent squad player) is being used as a starting player is of no fault of his own. In fact, he has deserved the starts.

The real shame here is a manager who doesn't know what he has, how to use the players we have and how to improve them. Elneny should be starting these types of games (Newcastle), that is why we bought him.
For his price he has delivered the goods. I never expected a 50M level player, I just expected the dedication, heart and desire he has shown.

What grates me is that this 5M player has on several occassions shown up players we've paid more than double for and then gets stick for being part of the leagues worst midfield.

Well that's the thing eh he's outperforming our other mid just by the fact he is keeping it simple . Not sure what is happening to Jack .

MustOezil

Elneny is a good squad player and I think he gets a bit too much hate. He's not a Cazorla nor Ramsey in terms of vision, passing range or timing of his runs, but he has a fantastic engine. In crucial stages of the season he can play in a more than one position to give our first team players some needed rest.

Not sure what is happening to Jack

Not much is happening to him, apart the constant battle with his own stamina and injury ravaged legs. He's been the same since he was introduced to the team, and I think that's the unfortunate problem.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Elneny is a good squad player and I think he gets a bit too much hate. He's not a Cazorla nor Ramsey in terms of vision, passing range or timing of his runs, but he has a fantastic engine. In crucial stages of the season he can play in a more than one position to give our first team players some needed rest.

Not much is happening to him, apart the constant battle with his own stamina and injury ravaged legs. He's been the same since he was introduced to the team, and I think that's the unfortunate problem.
I think Jack has regressed to be honest. The 18 year old Jack was streets ahead of current Jack.

BBF

Well yeah, he's a limited player in a limited midfield. That says more about how bad Wilshere and Xhaka have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom