• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win the Europa or get a new manager

Would you rather win the Europa, or get a new manager?

• Win the Europa

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • New manager

Votes: 34 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Thought it would be interesting to get a poll on this.

Expect to be in the minority here (‘proper fans’ and all that) but realised after that latest defeat that I’d rather we lost the Europa League if it meant we got a new manager in.

Genuinely can’t take another season of this ****.

say yes

forum master baiter
Europa’s not even a good cup. It’s rubbish. Feel a bit ill every time I have to watch us play in it.

Will probably feel sad for about 10 minutes when Atletico knock us out.

Wenger makes me feel sad almost every week of the season. And it hardly gets better over the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Win the Europa get back to CL Wenger leave in high and get new manager that should be the plan. If we fail to win then he should still leave.

But it's all in Wenger he'll decide the board and Kroenke won't do nothing

Wenger makes me feel sad almost every week of the season.

This is where starting watching chess has help me a lot.

But I got to hope we win it. Only by winning it we can hope for Wenger to win CL next season. I will send you apologies for the joke in PM.

FreakySami

This season was going to be like this regardless of what anybody thought with what we did, we didn't do in the summer.

c00lguy

Both?

Europa is extremely important to our club this year. Win it and the majority of fans will consider it a successful season. Lose and our whole season's a huge failure.
A lot gambling on it.
It would be nice for Wenger to leave with a bit of dignity but to be honest I wouldn't care either way anymore.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Winning the 17th place in Europe trophy or get a new manager??

HBL

Established Member
Win the Europa, hope Sven works his magic in the summer and Wenger goes out on a high next season.

There’s a lot of hoping with Arsenal these days.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Europa’s not even a good cup. It’s rubbish. Feel a bit ill every time I have to watch us play in it.

Will probably feel sad for about 10 minutes when Atletico knock us out.

Wenger makes me feel sad almost every week of the season. And it hardly gets better over the summer.
It make me sad watching him every lose specially this season

Preacher

Always Crying
I want to win EL, but when I try to think about next season with Wenger at the helm, I immediately want to start drinking and black out as soon as possible.

Arsenal in Aus

Winning the cup only gets us back into the CL, where we will revert to being humiliated each season. I enjoy the group stage matches where we tend to do well, but I have to admit I'm over getting thrashed by the decent teams in the knockout stages each year. It generates some more income, but that doesn't help us either.

The only prospect for actual development and growth as a club is with a new manager. I'm in the camp of 'thank you so much, appreciate what you did for the club and what you did for the league, time for a new stage in your career...'

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Since I’ve supported Arsenal I’ve seen us make one European final where my heart was broken.

If we don’t win this, f*ck knows when we’ll have the chance to win a European trophy again? In almost 20 years of being a fan, I’ve seen one final. I don’t want to be in my 40s to see another.

I’d take another year of Wenger and finish 7th to see us lift the trophy in Lyon. It’d mean more than words.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
In any other case I'd choose winning a title. Stuttgart win the league 18/19 but after the first 10 games of 19/20 we struggle and fight relegation? Sure. Cause I'm also sure we'd get a new coach and cause Stuttgart actually is a midtable team.

Thing here though is, if Arsenal win the EL, Wenger will stay on, and the next season play out exactly as this season did.

Would I love for Arsenal to win the EL? Sure. But it's not just about this one title. It's: Would you rather Arsenal win the EL, but next season again 6th in the league, no cup wins, in the CL out as group 3rd and another EL campaign or out in last 16; OR: no EL title but Wenger gone, a fresh start with a new manager, at least a serious top 4 challenge in the league and for the cups as well as maybe the CL quarter or semi finals? I'd take the latter cause it's apparently the only way to get rid of Wenger, which is something I'd nver thought I'd say/write.

Edit: What I maybe should add is, I don't see the relative mid to long term future of Stuttgart in danger through a one off success cause the board is active and makes decisions as well as the club not competing with Europe's absolute top. But I see not only the short term but the mid to long term future of Arsenal in danger, if for a one off title the much and asap restructuring under a new coach is held off. In short: I know Stuttgart will only win that one title on the next 10 years so I'll take it, but for Arsenal, that one title will make it much harder to win more titles in the next decade, although Arsenal should be doing it and are in a supreme position to start doing it.

Last edited:

FEH

Since I’ve supported Arsenal I’ve seen us make one European final where my heart was broken.

If we don’t win this, f*ck knows when we’ll have the chance to win a European trophy again? In almost 20 years of being a fan, I’ve seen one final. I don’t want to be in my 40s to see another.

I’d take another year of Wenger and finish 7th to see us lift the trophy in Lyon. It’d mean more than words.

I see your point and I feel most fans would love to see us win a European trophy. Contrary to CL snobbery, the EL is still serious silverware. But we cannot have another season with Wenger...the damage is getting worse with each passing season. Sven isnt a miraclemaker and wont stop Wenger being out-thought and out-schooled and being left even fuether behind than he already is.

We need a fresh start to get the fire under us again. He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom