• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Difference though between a midfield coach and a manager , though I 'd rather not have either .
Yeah, I want a more established name if possible but if it was a straight choice between Arteta and that disgusting bastard I'd have him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The bug eating bastard is a superb coach. Not sure why he's so hated here.
Because people haven't a clue. He's a world cup winner, yet he's not good enough. It's a bit like the transfer section. You see people turning their noses up at players that clearly improve us.

I'm keeping an open mind on the new manager. As long as it's not someone truly ridiculous, I'd give almost anybody a chance.

BobP

Memri Fan
As much as I like Wenger as a public person and appreciate and value his time and achievements at Arsenal, his time is up.

please just sign Favre for next season. He's a modern game version of Wenger. Beautiful, quick, technical, systematic football with lots of movement. Knows how to make use of Xhaka, knows Auba, Lacazette as opponents and probably some of the german guys. Intelligent, critical person, speaks multiple languages, which helps with our squad. Has a comparably rather high half life.

He wants to leave OGC Nice, he only costs 3m. Apart from BVB and Bayern, not on the list of any big team.

Dante, ex Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Bayern and current Nice player just did an interview with sportbuzzer in which he talks about Favre:

Another coach is very important to you: Lucien Favre. He's your current coach, who trained you at Gladbach, too. What's special about him?
Two things make him stand out: his special, very tactical philosophy and the serenity he automatically instills in a team. A team needs that. If a player has questions, he'll always have the answer, always. It makes you feel safe.

Is he the best coach you ever had?
Every coach is different. But Favre is on the level of Heynckes and Guardiola, under whom I also used to train. These are the three best to me. Favre is a really great coach. He is a man who should go on to train a top team. He is able to do that. And I think, he's set on training a top team.

If Dortmund sign him, watch their resurgence to No. 1 Bayern challenger over the course of the next two seasons. He's clearly an excellent coach who just isn't interested in the easy way - kind of a Guardiola antithesis in how he picks his challenges - and that's why his resumee isn't too impressive at first. But he's clearly grade A manager material.

Do you remember much of Dante at Gladbach before Favre's arrival?

Stannis

More and more rumours that Allegri will be off

We can’t afford to let Chelsea have him,

Judging by his personality, if we make him an offer he will choose us over Chelsea.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Because people haven't a clue. He's a world cup winner, yet he's not good enough. It's a bit like the transfer section. You see people turning their noses up at players that clearly improve us.

I'm keeping an open mind on the new manager. As long as it's not someone truly ridiculous, I'd give almost anybody a chance.
I don't understand why winning a world cup makes you more eligible for a club position? Care to explain...

I mean the league is played over 38 games and the manager has more power to choose players and more responsibility towards keeping them in form. A cup competition like the world cup has managers who have A) Had the benefit of only bringing along the form players and B) plays to the final over ten games. To me that is a huge difference.

Not saying Low isn't capable. Just that I don't think his WC makes him so.

Wenger would in theory be a brilliant world cup manager given his cup record...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Felipão was a WC Winner & Euro finalist and he was **** at Chelsea.

He was mostly a cup manager and had been managing NTs for a while. It's a different game. And is the reason most people are frowning up Low, bugger-eating, crotch-sniffing not withstanding.

El Duderino

More and more rumours that Allegri will be off

We can’t afford to let Chelsea have him,

Judging by his personality, if we make him an offer he will choose us over Chelsea.

Not really, Chelsea will give him the checkbook to sign the players he thinks he needs. We won't.

TriniGunner

I agree , but he's been in a National set up for so long , bit of a transition back I reckon especially with us .

Ridiculous. It's the same thing everyone said about Pep...he can't cut it in the Premier League, blah blah; well we call saw how that turned out. Lowe is an excellent manager of young players there's no doubt our team would benefit a lot with him as manager. Let's be honest, he's be a lot better than what we have now.

El Duderino

I don't think this is the case anymore. Chelsea haven't been spending lately, have they?

Still out spending us, tho. All it takes is abramovic to reach into his pockets.

Having seen the projections from the AST you don't expect Kroenke to do the same, do you?

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I don't think this is the case anymore. Chelsea haven't been spending lately, have they?

I think they are 2nd highest spenders this season after Manchester City, but of course they sold a few players too, including high fees for Matic and Costa, depends how much sway you put into the old net spend argument!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom