• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Tactics Talk

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This season, we have dammning statistics in our creativity. Mkhi is not considered an AFC player

Chances Created per game: Only Özil is in the top ten

Dribbles completed per game: Only Wilshere and Özil (Nominally)

Mkhi would help a lot from next season, but we really need more creativity in the Midfield.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The last time arsenal won an away game without Alexis Sanchez scoring: 0-1 at Burnley, October 2016.

Since October 2016, Arsenal played 31 Premier League away game, and won just 9. Alexis scored in all 9 victories.

People are naive if they think we had a good Jan transfer window. Aubameyang is playing well but not well enough to make up for the lost of Sanchez.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The last time arsenal won an away game without Alexis Sanchez scoring: 0-1 at Burnley, October 2016.

Since October 2016, Arsenal played 31 Premier League away game, and won just 9. Alexis scored in all 9 victories.

People are naive if they think we had a good Jan transfer window. Aubameyang is playing well but not well enough to make up for the lost of Sanchez.
Scoring goals isn't really that much of a problem lately. We're leaking them in every game though.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Aubameyang is playing well but not well enough to make up for the lost of Sanchez.

Sanchez was poor for us in his final months here, just as he has been for Man Utd bar that one away game against City. His initiatives broke our attacking cohesion and he gave the ball away a lot when in reality we had already trouble keeping position of it. Aubameyang as of now contributes just as much in goals and assists without his presence being detrimental to anything in our play. He is a superior player anyway, even if they are different in style, I bet most neutrals would agree.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sanchez was poor for us in his final months here, just as he has been for Man Utd bar that one away game against City. His initiatives broke our attacking cohesion and he gave the ball away a lot when in reality we had already trouble keeping position of it. Aubameyang as of now contributes just as much in goals and assists without his presence being detrimental to anything in our play. He is a superior player anyway, even if they are different in style, I bet most neutrals would agree.
great post

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

yxd3kafv3ds01.png

Newchange

No way is Auba a superior player to Sanchez. Sanchez is an all round better player. Other then pace I would say Sanchez has far more better attributes and more in this locker then Auba. I personally think Sanchez is a better finisher esp 1-1. Yes Auba scores goals but he dosen't create something out of nothing like Sanchez.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
No way is Auba a superior player to Sanchez. Sanchez is an all round better player. Other then pace I would say Sanchez has far more better attributes and more in this locker then Auba. I personally think Sanchez is a better finisher esp 1-1. Yes Auba scores goals but he dosen't create something out of nothing like Sanchez.

Let's agree to disagree, and I can assure you I'm not on my own. I wouldn't have swapped Auba with Sanchez when the latter was at his best, but that is just because our CF options were better than our horrible wingers at the time. If I was creating a "dream team" on a piece of paper, Auba would get in it before Sanchez.

Newchange

Let's agree to disagree, and I can assure you I'm not on my own. I wouldn't have swapped Auba with Sanchez when the latter was at his best, but that is just because our CF options were better than our horrible wingers at the time. If I was creating a "dream team" on a piece of paper, Auba would get in it before Sanchez.

I agree to disagree :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Very interesting but also not very telling as we can see, City have scored only 3... Granted they've had more of the ball.

Still, I use to love our counter attacks. They just break down these days.

Interesting because I swear we scored of the counter against Everton . We have had games plenty of games where we created a lot of chances though ie United.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I wanna ask everyone a question, Is it me or do we seem to lack physical fitness. We seem quite lethargic when getting around the pitch. We don't seem to have that many athlete's in the team bar Ramsey, Elneny, Welbeck, Aubameyang, Xhaka maybe?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Interesting because I swear we scored of the counter against Everton . We have had games plenty of games where we created a lot of chances though ie United.
IMO, we've been steadily creating less and less for a couple years now. The United game was an exception and possibly some nostalgia had us thinking we'd go on to replicate that all season. Alas that was not the case.

In years gone by we created loads and our finishing was the pits. Now we have finishers and we create less... Just can;t strike a decent balnce for a long enough period of time.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

IMO, we've been steadily creating less and less for a couple years now. The United game was an exception and possibly some nostalgia had us thinking we'd go on to replicate that all season. Alas that was not the case.

In years gone by we created loads and our finishing was the pits. Now we have finishers and we create less... Just can;t strike a decent balnce for a long enough period of time.

Unfortunately the answer is a simple one , it's called Cazorla. I like Xhaka and he is coming into his own now but it's cost us a lot getting him there .
If Santi or someone of similar ilk was present for he last two seasons no way we finish outside the 4 last season .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Unfortunately the answer is a simple one , it's called Cazorla. I like Xhaka and he is coming into his own now but it's cost us a lot getting him there .
If Santi or someone of similar ilk was present for he last two seasons no way we finish outside the 4 last season .
Fully agree. That little spaniard's injuries have cost us big time. Feel the same as many here that we could have won the league with him at his best... Hope to see him playing again. Even if not for us.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing that Cazorla done better than other players bar maybe Ramsey is his goal scoring instinct.
Our midfield so barren of goals bar Ramsey, our defence has catch up their goal scoring record
Mhkitaryan seems to be a good goal better but alas....

Top Bottom