• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ridiculous. It's the same thing everyone said about Pep...he can't cut it in the Premier League, blah blah; well we call saw how that turned out. Lowe is an excellent manager of young players there's no doubt our team would benefit a lot with him as manager. Let's be honest, he's be a lot better than what we have now.

To be honest , I really don't know that .

There is a difference though mate kinda like T20 to Test cricket . :lol:. Not everyone got the endurance for it .

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Even the Plug is back tracking on his comments from earlier this year saying Wenger was pretty much guaranteed out. He's now saying he might be out but is probably staying. Shame.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He said he was finished in Italy earlier this month.

He only said he won't manage another Italian team after he is done with Juventus not that he will leave this summer.

This is what he said yesterday:

"I have a contract until 2020 and I am happy here. I am in harmony with the club," Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

I mean we can talk about unrealistic options but I don't see the point, he's not leaving until Juve don't want him anymore.

TriniGunner

He only said he won't manage another Italian team after he is done with Juventus not that he will leave this summer.

"I have a contract until 2020 and I am happy here. I am in harmony with the club," Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

I mean we can talk about unrealistic options but I don't see the point, he's not leaving until Juve don't want him anymore.

He'd leave if we offer him Wenger's salary.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

I'm also pretty sure he will stay at Juve. He will want to make that last push and finally win the CL for them, I believe. He's been too close to winning it with that side just to give up.
Would be the first CL for an Italian side since 2010, first for Juve since 1996. That's some achievement and his main goal, I think. He'll certainly not give up on that chance with two years on his contract, another league title just won, to join Arsenal or Chelsea.

Luis Enrique will 100% be Chelsea's next coach.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wow, we're left with nothing if Wenger goes this summer and even more nothing if it is next summer. . .

All the top managers available seem to be linked and we'll be stuk with Piet Pompies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Wow, we're left with nothing if Wenger goes this summer and even more nothing if it is next summer. . .

Tbh, there's not too many top managers available whom I seriously rate or attest a bright future.

Who's free is Enrique and Tuchel. Don't rate the former, the latter is a no go 'cause of Mislintat.

As things stand, Allegri, Jardim, Simeone, Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri, Valverde, Zidane will all stay put. Favre apparently wants to leave Nice.

Conte will be available, but it's more or less a sure thing he will return to his homecountry, with probably Italy and both Milan clubs considering him. Then there's Ancelotti, who I think a) would be an Arsenal misfit and b) surely will be a candidate for Italian teams, just like Conte.

In Germany, Bayern are taking a well judged punt on Kovac. The younger guys like Nagelsmann and Tedesco will stay put. Hasenhuettl might be available come July.

Looking at it honestly, it's Enrique, Tuchel, Favre who are truly available. Maybe Jardim could be lured away, maybe Hasenhuettl will become free. There's always much more speculation than actual manager changes happen. Last summer, Allegri, Jardim, Simeone all were on the move according to media and rumours - they all ended up staying.

I think next summer might be more movement on the manager market. And it's another season to look at how young, promising guys like Nagelsmann, Tedesco, Marcelino, Machín, Howe will perform.

Edit: To conclude things...I'd love for Arsenal to hire Favre this summer. But apart from him, there's not too much movement going on concerning managers to say we'd be missing out on plenty top options.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan

Reported that Sanllehi favors Enrique or Arteta, Mislintat favors Nagelsmann or Tedesco, and Gazidis favors Arteta, Jardim, or Rodgers.

Don't think Enrique would do too well. Things sort of came together for him at Barcelona.

Although Nagelsmann and Tedesco have done some impressive work, I still think they're a tad fresh. For example, Nagelsmann had some issues with his playing group earlier in the season, no doubt a sign of frustration, having lost some key talents over the summer and in January. Hoffenheim are now 5th though, so he has managed to reverse the slide down the table. I also like Tedesco's approach, I'm sure you remember that interview I posted a while ago.

Arteta has no experience. I do think he has the makings of a top level manager, a view based on nothing more than his general demeanor, the sort of player he was on the field, and his extensive playing experience.

Jardim looks best placed I think.

Rodgers is a big no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom