• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Although I’ve, like most, been critical of his aptitude as manager in recent times, and knew this day was going to come, I still don’t know whether to feel happy or sad. I suppose you call this bittersweet.

I assume for much of the younger folk here, like myself, Wenger’s been the only manager we’ve seen lead us onto the football pitch, and although there have been ups and downs, he’s been an institution who was at the forefront of our transition into becoming a world reknown football club.

It’s truly unfortunate it’s come to this, but I’d like to thank him for his commitment to the club the past 22 years and for bringing us many great memories. Merci et au revoir.

Going forward, it’s absolutely crucial and imperative we win the Europa League so we can give the incoming manager all the help and advantages possible to lead us into a successful new era. Also, it’d be shameful for a manager of Wenger’s standing, not to have a European trophy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Build a statue for the man and name a stand after him.

Then break out the Champagne!!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

This is one of the greatest days in the club's history - up there with the day we hired him.

And that, in essence, is the story of Arsène Wenger.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I'm not crying! You are!

:(

We've all talked about it at one point but I for myself don't think I was ever ready mentally or emotionally for when it would happen, especially considering how sudden it was. Since day 1 of supporting Arsenal it's been Arsène. This will take a while to sink in :(

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

12-things-every-working-class-malaysian-will-understand-world-of-buzz-12.gif

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
It was time to go, but it is incredibly sad. To watch someone who loves the club so much and was so desperate to turn things around have to leave on a relative low was not what I wanted, or surely any real Arsenal fan.
He made the club glamorous. He made us a lot more attractive. I am 34, and when I first supported Arsenal we were a robust unit under George Graham. We played decent stuff, had wrighty, parlour and Adams to smile about, but in all honesty Wenger lit a creative fire under this club and made the world watch us. Suddenly on my family holidays in Spain and Portugal it was easy to buy the Arsenal shirt in pre-season in some pretty obscure places. We started picking up players I had only bought in Championship manager (Overmars, Petit, later Henry who i was first excited by for Monaco vs United in the champions league.)
I can fully understand the mentality of a guy that has the sheer will to persist and be convinced he can turn around something he is so committed to. For that reason I find this deeply sad.
Hopefully, we can move forward from this position. But hope really is the key word.
I can't identify with those celebrating and who "can't stop smiling", because we are really leaping from underperformance (relative to the managers own previous results) to a complete unknown. It is fact that today the person who loves the club most is the guy who resigned. I think it is reasonable to take heart from our recent signings, and the infrastructure we have put in place, but our club is very much in the hands of the businessmen now, and nobody else who cares any deeper.

Anyway, change is always necessary, and you have to be hopeful, but this is by no means a day to celebrate. Really hope to see him in another role that fulfils his football appetite.

Original_AAA

My first reaction was rather jubilant, but now I must admit I feel more grateful for everything.

Thank you for steping down now so that the mood around the club will change for the better before a crucial run in. Thank you for the endless hours of entertainment. Thank you for the Invincibles. Thank you for the way you changed modern football. Thank you for all you have done for the club.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Also thanks for using that Wenger pulling game one last time to buy Auba and have Mesut sign. I see you, boss, true gent. :drool:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Penny for Ozils thoughts. :lol:

Just signed away his last few years at a mid-table club without his guy.

Got 'van Persied'.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Fair play to Wenger and the club for announcing this now and not waiting to see if we win the EL or not. I'm happy but I'm not going to shout and cheer about it due to respect for the man that brought this club so much success on and off the field, and brought me and many others so many great memories.

Merci Arséne, bring on the statue!

Latest posts

Top Bottom