• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not when you think how many hours you get outta them

60euros or there about is 5 visits to the cinema = roughly 10 hours of viewing (or a very cheap night out)

Mainstory in any shooter is atleast 5-6 h (like latest cod) and how many hours mp?
Open world games? 10x that minimum

Some games have just as good story and acting like a regular action flick
Red dead redemtion anyone? When you ride down to mehico to the tune of José Gonzalez heartbeats!!! Pure bliss

To be honest I never buy games brand new really. Playing Divinity Original Sin at the moment even though 2 has been out a little while now. Still need to play Far Cry 4! You also get most the bugs ironed out if you wait a bit but you can only do that with single player games.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally got round to buying GTA5 again as it doesn’t appear to having a price drop anytime soon. Dissapointed with it so far, the cut scenes look very dated and maybe it’s just GTA’s physics that take some getting use to but all the characters feel so heavy.

Oh_Snap

FC5 end ****ed me up. Can't even replay it atm (i chose the "good" ending). All in all it felt a lot easier than 3 & 4

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
FC5 end ****ed me up. Can't even replay it atm (i chose the "good" ending). All in all it felt a lot easier than 3 & 4
Im taking down Joseph Seed... I chose not to say 'yes' when asked multiple times.... Did you say yes to him? If so, what happens. 'Spoiler' tag the answer!

Last edited:

Oh_Snap

Im taking down Joseph Seed... I chose not to say 'yes' when asked multiple times.... Did you say yes to him? If so, what happens. 'Spoiler' tag the answer!
I took him down, it's considered the "good" end on the internet. No way I'd let him get away with the stuff he does. But like i said, it's a really f'ed up ending from there on.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Couldn't even finish FC5 and traded it yesterday, found it so boring as well as the storyline, what turned me off completely was 'Bliss', found it so annoying all the hallucinations.

Was really looking forwards to this Far Cry after being slightly disappointed with 4. Does anyone also find it was ridiculously easy? Once I got the LMG you could literally wipe out the whole camps in seconds with a silencer, AI was very dumb!

Huge disappointment for me, was the only game I've been interested in until probably September releases.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Couldn't even finish FC5 and traded it yesterday, found it so boring as well as the storyline, what turned me off completely was 'Bliss', found it so annoying all the hallucinations.

Was really looking forwards to this Far Cry after being slightly disappointed with 4. Does anyone also find it was ridiculously easy? Once I got the LMG you could literally wipe out the whole camps in seconds with a silencer, AI was very dumb!

Huge disappointment for me, was the only game I've been interested in until probably September releases.
I was loving it, but I have exactly the same gripes about it now. The little bugs are annoying too, but that's what you get for rushing out and buying it as soon as it's released, I guess. I will persevere and finish it, but yeah, it seems there are a lot of things they didn't think through.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I was loving it, but I have exactly the same gripes about it now. The little bugs are annoying too, but that's what you get for rushing out and buying it as soon as it's released, I guess. I will persevere and finish it, but yeah, it seems there are a lot of things they didn't think through.

One thing I cannot stand about story telling like this is how they just throw something in like 'bliss' which is like a pardon for the writers to be able to add stupid/unrealistic moments and then use the get out clause that it was all a drug/dream type moment.

Also its been done before and now very repetitive, 3 & 4 both had these hallucinations, 3 I didnt mind as it was new, but each iteration after has just been the same crap, bliss is a complete stain on this game in my opinion and also seems thrown in for future DLC etc

In the end I couldnt finish it because I kept skipping the dialogue as I found it tedious, it started with just skipping the side mission characters then led into skipping 'Faiths' moments cos she was annoying then in the end just skipped the lot, gave up after killing Faith and the younger Seed brother then watched the endings on youtube :lol:

Luckily I got £35 credit trade in at game

P.S - the different ending thing annoys me as well, it put me off choosing one as I would still then need to watch the other ones, thought might as well just watch them all and save my time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
One thing I cannot stand about story telling like this is how they just throw something in like 'bliss' which is like a pardon for the writers to be able to add stupid/unrealistic moments and then use the get out clause that it was all a drug/dream type moment.

Also its been done before and now very repetitive, 3 & 4 both had these hallucinations, 3 I didnt mind as it was new, but each iteration after has just been the same crap, bliss is a complete stain on this game in my opinion and also seems thrown in for future DLC etc

In the end I couldnt finish it because I kept skipping the dialogue as I found it tedious, it started with just skipping the side mission characters then led into skipping 'Faiths' moments cos she was annoying then in the end just skipped the lot, gave up after killing Faith and the younger Seed brother then watched the endings on youtube :lol:

Luckily I got £35 credit trade in at game

P.S - the different ending thing annoys me as well, it put me off choosing one as I would still then need to watch the other ones, thought might as well just watch them all and save my time.
£35 is tempting tbh.... I also find myself skipping the dialogue, but can't bring myself to skip the story ones yet! I'm sure it will happen though.

I thought the Bliss bollocks would stop once I destroyed the factory, but the other Seed bloke still had coming out of barrels in his region ffs! I didn't even like the trippy moments in FC3... Thought it was a needless distraction.

I'd say the best change from 5 to all the others, apart from the new guns for hire Roster, is you don't need animal skins to craft ammo bags etc, and you just use perk points instead. The money is more realistic as well. In all the others it was easy to amass hundreds of thousands, yet in this one I think the most money I've had is 15k. Meaningless stuff really though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
£35 is tempting tbh.... I also find myself skipping the dialogue, but can't bring myself to skip the story ones yet! I'm sure it will happen though.

I thought the Bliss bollocks would stop once I destroyed the factory, but the other Seed bloke still had coming out of barrels in his region ffs! I didn't even like the trippy moments in FC3... Thought it was a needless distraction.

I'd say the best change from 5 to all the others, apart from the new guns for hire Roster, is you don't need animal skins to craft ammo bags etc, and you just use perk points instead. The money is more realistic as well. In all the others it was easy to amass hundreds of thousands, yet in this one I think the most money I've had is 15k. Meaningless stuff really though.

Haha I know exactly what you mean, first time I entered 'Faiths' region I knew I would be killing her first to put a stop to all that bliss! What also f****d me off is that when you finally get out a long mission and think oh I'll go do this now and then you get forced into a hallucination mission which I swear is the same one FIVE times where you go through the same building just clipping people with bullets and they die before the timer runs out!!!

Yeah there was quite a few improvements, I do wish they added an 'auto-loot' perk though, pretty annoying having to attempt to loot a body which is right next to their dropped gun and accidently swap guns three times before looting for $7.. :mad:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Haha I know exactly what you mean, first time I entered 'Faiths' region I knew I would be killing her first to put a stop to all that bliss! What also f****d me off is that when you finally get out a long mission and think oh I'll go do this now and then you get forced into a hallucination mission which I swear is the same one FIVE times where you go through the same building just clipping people with bullets and they die before the timer runs out!!!

Yeah there was quite a few improvements, I do wish they added an 'auto-loot' perk though, pretty annoying having to attempt to loot a body which is right next to their dropped gun and accidently swap guns three times before looting for $7.. :mad:
Yeah, those stupid run-throughs that pop up out of nowhere. Pointless sh!t. Then the wait to load up where you was before... The looting is a pain the arse as well as you say. ****ing misplacing guns all the time for the sake of a few $. I can never leave a dead body unlooted either! There are a few missions that I know Ive completed that keep popping up as incomplete as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, those stupid run-throughs that pop up out of nowhere. Pointless sh!t. Then the wait to load up where you was before... The looting is a pain the arse as well as you say. ****ing misplacing guns all the time for the sake of a few $. I can never leave a dead body unlooted either! There are a few missions that I know Ive completed that keep popping up as incomplete as well.

I didnt even realise it was that buggy, for a game that looked so good they really did drop the ball with this one, I think this is the last Far Cry pre order for me, next ones I will get later in the year unless they mix up the formula and offer a better experience.

I really think that single player games like this one really need to look at the nemesis system in Shadow of War (didnt finish either) in regards to the AI fighting back and base upgrades and expansion, for example the Seed cult never once attacked bases captured, all they ever really done was drive around the roads in the standard white pick up.

I was sort of expecting some form of base upgrades or defence, you go around capturing all these basis for what? The potential is there for them to operate (which the cut scenes suggest) and bring in money as a lot were businesses, or you could train a militia, or safe house for the population. The cult just never really seemed that dangerous or bothered which is strange considering they had access to boats, helicopters and planes but never once fancied getting their taken properties back, they even had loads of targets you needed to destroy which also could have had an effect on the in game economy, more you destroy results in them not being able to afford planes so they attempt to take back blah blah to provide income.

Just think they missed a lot of opportunities, maybe its just me but I love an in game economy system where the money flows wisely and decisions effect it accordingly, it ruins the realism for me when the enemy you are up against have an unlimited supply of weaponry and supplies, especially in backwater USA where they have cut off the outside world.

Even little things, I remember early on taking back a farm which had a fruit and veg stall which could have brought in money but instead was just for show, the money could have then been used to build walls, defences, arm the residents etc

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
God of War is ****ing incredible, fully recommend it to anyone on the fence. Not comparable to the old games at all. Gives me serious Dark Souls vibes, both in the sense of exploration and the very punishing but fun combat.

Story is surprisingly good as well. They somehow manage to turn a guy whose entire character was screaming the names of Greek gods into a complex, likable father character :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
God of War is ****ing incredible, fully recommend it to anyone on the fence. Not comparable to the old games at all. Gives me serious Dark Souls vibes, both in the sense of exploration and the very punishing but fun combat.

Story is surprisingly good as well. They somehow manage to turn a guy whose entire character was screaming the names of Greek gods into a complex, likable father character :lol:

Unfortunately I'm on the xbox side of the fence so will never know :(

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I want a PS4 and God of War but can't justify the expense at the moment :(

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just bought God of War, will probably start playing it sometime this evening, is it as good as people say it is? People talking about game of the year and some even going further.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I need a new game. FC5 is dead now. Cant be arsed to go back and do the side missions... I don't think. Might have to be GOW next. I don't think it's my type though.

Top Bottom