• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta would be superb. Most of you must've forgotten what he was like off the pitch during his captaincy. Loved listening to him in interviews, you could see he would become a great manager one day. The guy ozees class.

Yeah I remember. I was fuming when Vermaelen was the first to lift the FA Cup trophy instead of Arteta who was the real captain that season!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arteta would be decent option if we win the Europa League this season and he gets to manage us with CL football next season.

However, it would be a huge risk if we're playing Europa League football again next season. As we could slip further away from the top 4 teams and into mid-table obscurity.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I dont see why people are so set on it being an interesting appointment, people went against wenger because results failed but people want to risk Arteta or Vieira which could go disastrous. Baffles me.

It's better than an uninteresting appointment which won't see us improve all that much. Take Ancelotti for example, you could see him maybe getting us back top 4 with what he has at his disposal but no more than that.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Want Jardim but wouldn't be against somebody like Rodgers who has an attacking philosophy with Premier league experience.

Ashybashy86

Not sure who I want, but I'll never entertain the idea of Brendan Rodgers. Some things just feel wrong, and that's one of them.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arteta would be superb. Most of you must've forgotten what he was like off the pitch during his captaincy. Loved listening to him in interviews, you could see he would become a great manager one day. The guy ozees class.

I loved Arteta. Both him and Mertesacker were seriously underrated players for us and moreover (as you say) booth ooze class.

Would love to have either of them involved in the club but I think this is too soon. We need an experienced, stable hand on the tiller - and there are plenty of big names available.

Can't see Arteta binning half of his mates which lets be honest is what the new manager needs to do.

say yes

forum master baiter
Some people want us to end up like utd.

Yeah don't want any of these sentimental appointments.

Arteta / Vieira may well be nice guys who know the values of the club but this club needs to spend a little less time worrying about its values and a little bit more time working out how to make up the 33 point gap on Man City.

United went Fergie-lite with Moyes and it was a disaster. Let's not make the same mistake trying to go Wenger-lite when there are so many top class managers out there.

Our rivals would be laughing their tits off if we went with Vieira / Arteta.

Tir Na Nog

I loved Arteta. Both him and Mertesacker were seriously underrated players for us and moreover (as you say) booth ooze class.

Would love to have either of them involved in the club but I think this is too soon. We need an experienced, stable hand on the tiller - and there are plenty of big names available.

Can't see Arteta binning half of his mates which lets be honest is what the new manager needs to do.

I don't know about that, I mean he never even played with Mustafi for starters.

Tir Na Nog

Arteta / Vieira may well be nice guys who know the values of the club but this club needs to spend a little less time worrying about its values and a little bit more time working out how to make up the 33 point gap on Man City.

United went Fergie-lite with Moyes and it was a disaster. Let's not make the same mistake trying to go Wenger-lite when there are so many top class managers out there.

So?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

Pep wouldn't laugh if we appointed Arteta - he relies on him more than most suspect

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

But there are not many class managers, that's why some would like to go the Arteta route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom