• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
There's only one coach I would take over Favre that has been available within the last years.
Unfortunately, that very guy is Klopp and Liverpool is now reaping the rewards of his amazing work wherever he goes.

Dortmund, Liverpool - most entertaining football played over the last 8 years. The Klopp-effect..

I want a similar natural guy that says what he thinks and plays similar football, injecting passion and determinism. High press, speed, etc..

Nagelsmann is that man. OK, personality wise, not at all the same. He doesn't have the same sort of natural personality as Klopp, and Nagelsmann has an ego, unlike Klopp, but he's a really passionate coach who brings teams together, and he can coach great football. And like often with Kloppo's teams, his teams are greater than the sum of its parts. They punch above their weight, while still playing good football.

Problem is though, his contract.

Nagelsmann is the only one on the list who intrigues me. Seems like the sort of bold move Arsenal would make. Young, exciting, and makes more sense than Arteta since he actually has some experience. However, that squad is in desperate need of an authoritative figure, so not sure how that will go down with the older players. I looked into Vieira's style, and it seems to be similar to Wenger (not as good, of course). High line, slow build up, zonal marking and poor defending.

Wherever Nagelsmann ends up, that team will be getting a really fine coach. The work he is doing with Hoffenheim is fantastic. This season even more than last, considering the way their team was pilffered by Bayern. If they get back into Europe this season as it looks like they will do, then that is all down to him.

But I don't think it's possible to get him this year due to his contract situation (Dortmund wanted him for sure), but next year, I can see him moving on from Hoffenheim. From a purely selfish point of view, I hope he stays in the Bundesliga for a while, he is still so young.

carlito'sway

Established Member
A lot of you have misunderstood Simeone. His football is not boring.
You have to stop thinking there’re only two types of manager in the world (attacking and defending).

Simeone’s counterattack is entertaining to watch, clever movements, teamwork, and beautiful through ball to cut through the defence. It’s not like all the defensive style English managers that play long ball and hope someone will score.

Simeone’s tactics is more than just parking the bus like what Mourinho did.

When the other team is trying to build up from the back, Simeone’s team press high to limit passing options, forcing defenders to make errors.

Mourinho’s parking the bus won’t press high. He would just sit deep with physically strong player.

When the opponent are able to build from the back, Simeone’s team play very narrow and compact. He does that to limit space available in the central areas. But that would leave some space on both sides of the pitch.

Mourinho’s parking the bus would not allow any space to be exploited, not even on the flanks. So all they do is again, sitting deep with physically strong players.

When Simeone’s team is playing counter, it’s by good techniques and clever movements. It’s beautiful to watch everytime they counter, although it does not happen a lot in a match. The whole match maybe boring to some people,
but at least the one or two goals they scored would be very nice to watch.

Mourinho counter with boring long ball and physical play. Boring to watch even on the counter. Even if they scored ten goals in a match, they would all be boring goals. And the match will guaranteed to be boring.

Simeone is not "Mourinho" boring but we are not talking about a guy who plays positive /attractive football either. Beyond the reality he is a bit of a hot head, the fact that he does not speak a lick of english (same situation for Jardim as well) is very much an impediment to him getting even considered.

HBL

Established Member
Announcement on Friday please.

Would love Nagelsmann, Jardim or Allegri. Wouldn’t mind Arteta as a coach either, would be a massive gamble but he clearly knows his stuff. Not sure wether him playing with most of the squad is a good thing or not, he’ll certainly know which players aren’t up to scratch.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Announcement on Friday please.

Would love Nagelsmann, Jardim or Allegri. Wouldn’t mind Arteta as a coach either, would be a massive gamble but he clearly knows his stuff. Not sure wether him playing with most of the squad is a good thing or not, he’ll certainly know which players aren’t up to scratch.

Not at all.

wigner

Allegri, Simone, Enrique and all the well known managers are off the table. Do you really think Arsenal are going to pay £15m+ per year for a manager?

Instead it will be someone like Edie Howe, Brendan Rodgers, or someone young and cheap like Arteta or Vieira.

It's just ludicrous to think big name managers are going to come to Arsenal without huge contracts and sizable transfer budgets.

I mean, Simone is on £19m per year right now. He's probably having a laugh at the folks thinking he might come to Arsenal.

RammiXP

Arsenal are so cheap! If we end up with Arteta, Vieria or Howe.

The club fleeces the fans and pays nothing towards the development of the club in particular on the pitch.

Allegri is clearly the best option.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What makes you think he doesn’t? Pep wouldn’t have hired him if he was clueless about the game. When Arteta was a player here it was always thought that he’d make a great manager.

Experience.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Allegri, Simone, Enrique and all the well known managers are off the table. Do you really think Arsenal are going to pay £15m+ per year for a manager?

Instead it will be someone like Edie Howe, Brendan Rodgers, or someone young and cheap like Arteta or Vieira.

It's just ludicrous to think big name managers are going to come to Arsenal without huge contracts and sizable transfer budgets.

I mean, Simone is on £19m per year right now. He's probably having a laugh at the folks thinking he might come to Arsenal.

Simeone is on £5.1 million a year.

You left Dyche out.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Simeone is not earning £19m. As for Enrique wanting £16m that’s just stories based on what some papers have reported he earned at Barca. The Telegraph recently ran a story saying Chelsea won’t match his demands which they said were £16.5m (his salary at Barca according to them). As far as I can tell that’s bollocks because most places at the time said he was earning £7m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom