• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Timo Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Pavlenka is probably the best option in the Bundesliga. Cech should be able to facilitate that move if we go for him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I would say even Fährmann is the better keeper in general.

He struggled a bit over the last two seasons, but he seems to be on steady ground again.

Leno is a strange one, looked a worldclass prospect when he first joined Leverkusen, then fell off and produced many errors, but he now seems to have gotten more consistent again. I found there wasn't too much between Leno and Ter Stegen when the latter was still in the Bundesliga. Very promising, but always up for stupid mistakes and nowhere near the absolute top, yet. Ter Stegen really took it up a notch at Barcelona after struggling for a good while in the beginning.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pavlenka <3

Cech will already know his name surely. Hopefully he doesn't leave us so early, even it's would be for Arsenal.

Can you give a summary on him; his good traits and bad? I'd trust your opinion on him more than twitter's or youtube's.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Can you give a summary on him; his good traits and bad? I'd trust your opinion on him more than twitter's or youtube's.

Our former coach (Nouri) wanted a new goalkeeper as replacement for Wiedwald (sold to Leeds), because he haven't trust him enough.

So our scouting system found Pavlenka from Slavia Prag and we bought him for around 3€m. That's some money for us, because we don't have so much and needed an offensive player too in summer.

There was a lot of scepsis at the beginning, because the most Werder Fans haven't watched him so far and we had at least a solid keeper so far. He could play Champions League qualification with Slavia, but wanted too play in a bigger league like the Bundesliga.

And yeah, he proved every criticers wrong. Over the last years we always had one of the worst defensives in the league, at the moment, at the moment we have the 4th best despite place 14th. (his stats saying pretty much)

Think he had so far on error leading to a goal (against Schalke) and don't know how often he saved our ass.
Pretty good in 1v1, quick reactions, with 1.96m very large.

Maybe a negative, that he prefers to fist (don't know how it called in english) the ball on crosses or corner that to catch him. If the crosses are farther from his goals, otherwise he catches them of course.

His kicking is okay. We don't play many long balls, but they are often directed accurate to our best "header Rightback".

I think it's not fair to compare him with Oblak (because he is world class of course), but i can see some similarities.
But don't think we will sell him in summer, because our academy replacement is only 17 and the goal is, that he will replace him one day. But Pavlenka as Nr.1 with Cech as back-up and "mentor" would be a quite good combo.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Our former coach (Nouri) wanted a new goalkeeper as replacement for Wiedwald (sold to Leeds), because he haven't trust him enough.

So our scouting system found Pavlenka from Slavia Prag and we bought him for around 3€m. That's some money for us, because we don't have so much and needed an offensive player too in summer.

There was a lot of scepsis at the beginning, because the most Werder Fans haven't watched him so far and we had at least a solid keeper so far. He could play Champions League qualification with Slavia, but wanted too play in a bigger league like the Bundesliga.

And yeah, he proved every criticers wrong. Over the last years we always had one of the worst defensives in the league, at the moment, at the moment we have the 4th best despite place 14th. (his stats saying pretty much)

Think he had so far on error leading to a goal (against Schalke) and don't know how often he saved our ass.

Maybe a negative, that he prefers to fist (don't know how it called in english) the ball on crosses or corner that to catch him. If the crosses are farther from his goals, otherwise he catches them of course.

His kicking is okay. We don't play many long balls, but they are often directed accurate to our best "header Rightback".

I think it's not fair to compare him with Oblak (because he is world class of course), but i can see some similarities.
But don't think we will sell him in summer, because our academy replacement is only 17 and the goal is, that he will replace him one day. But Pavlenka as Nr.1 with Cech as back-up and "mentor" would be a quite good combo.

Great summary, danke schoen!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
@NieThePiet

More generally, which players (in any position) in the Bundesliga have you watched that you think would do well at Arsenal? I've thought about players like Denis Zakaria, Max Meyer, Marcel Sabitzer, Benjamin Pavard, Jonathan Tah, Leon Bailey etc. Have you watched any of them much?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Good post. I watch Werder Bremen when I can myself. I've considered them my "German team" since the Özil/Mertesacker days. Pavlenka has really stepped up his game this season. I think he's been the most important player. There was a nice article on the Bundesliga website recently where it talked about his reflexes and other qualities. It also mentioned that Cech is one of his goalkeeping idols (not surprising).

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...-pavlenka-petr-cech-s-natural-heir-468520.jsp

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
@NieThePiet

More generally, which players (in any position) in the Bundesliga have you watched that you think would do well at Arsenal? I've thought about players like Denis Zakaria, Max Meyer, Marcel Sabitzer, Benjamin Pavard, Jonathan Tah, Leon Bailey etc. Have you watched any of them much?

I would say, i have watched the most bundesliga players, because i watch many Bundesliga games when i have time ;)

Well at Arsenal - hard to say. The Bundesliga standard is pretty poor this season, i have the fear that the good players will look only solid in the Premier League.

For example Meyer. He is solid until good, but the tempo in the Bundesliga isn't high and he could end up like Holtby for Sp**s years ago. Meyer was quite average last season and haven't impressed me in the U-nationalteams from Germany too.

Pavard could have physical disadvantages in the PL too, but he looks very intelligent on the pitch. Prefer players like Tah, but he signed a new contract, so he will stay in Leverkusen.

Think everyone knows, that Bailey has great potential. He is a bit inconstant so far, but thats normal for a 20year old.

Diallo and Gbamin have great talent from Mainz, Wolf has a very good season for Frankfurt. Thorgan Hazard is nice to watch, but is wasting many chances. Uduokhai has great potential.

Many linked Pulisic with top clubs last season and now he has problems to get into the starting 11 from Dortmund, because he haven't perform well for months. Always hard to say about young Bundesliga players.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I would say, i have watched the most bundesliga players, because i watch many Bundesliga games when i have time ;)

Well at Arsenal - hard to say. The Bundesliga standard is pretty poor this season, i have the fear that the good players will look only solid in the Premier League.

For example Meyer. He is solid until good, but the tempo in the Bundesliga isn't high and he could end up like Holtby for Sp**s years ago. Meyer was quite average last season and haven't impressed me in the U-nationalteams from Germany too.

Pavard could have physical disadvantages in the PL too, but he looks very intelligent on the pitch. Prefer players like Tah, but he signed a new contract, so he will stay in Leverkusen.

Think everyone knows, that Bailey has great potential. He is a bit inconstant so far, but thats normal for a 20year old.

Diallo and Gbamin have great talent from Mainz, Wolf has a very good season for Frankfurt. Thorgan Hazard is nice to watch, but is wasting many chances. Uduokhai has great potential.

Many linked Pulisic with top clubs last season and now he has problems to get into the starting 11 from Dortmund, because he haven't perform well for months. Always hard to say about young Bundesliga players.

How much do you think it would cost to buy Tah? 50-60m? I was just thinking that if Loew is the new manager (big if) then Tah would be a good buy, could form a good partnership with Mustafi as they've played together before with Germany.

If Loew does come I don't think it'd be sensible to only buy German players, cos maybe some cliques could emerge, but certainly someone like Tah would be a really good foundation for the team. Maybe a Emre Can or Julian Weigl, or Zakaria to partner Xhaka. Idk.

Toby

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...haltseinbussen-um-2-mio-euro/view/news/306283

According to transfermarkt and BILD, the next prime Cologne player after Jonas Hector shows his loyalty and commits to the club in case of relegation.

- Horn staying at Cologne is as sure as can be
- he was born in Cologne and joined their youth system in 2002
- his current release clause in case of relegation is reported to be 9m €
- his contract already runs 'til 2022, there's no talk about an extension, just about him staying on
- he will accept a paycut around 2m €, going from being one of their highest earner at 3m down to 1m
- just days ago german international leftback Jonas Hector proved his loyalty, too, by extending his contract saying: "After such a season, a transfer to another club would've been easily possible, but it didn't feel right to me."

I think this takes Timo Horn off the list of possible candidates for the Arsenal goal. Might as well close this thread.

BBF

Why would you include a relegation release clause and then take a paycut if you never wanted to leave. His agent is a *****.

Toby

Why would you include a relegation release clause and then take a paycut if you never wanted to leave. His agent is a *****.

Keeps all the doors open. If the club turns into a complete ****show and relegates, you want it as easy to leave as possible, I suppose. But Cologne were/are still fairly stable, no real chaos there, for some reason they just played ****e for half a season. Seems the players feel responsible for the situation and stay on to right the wrong.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Keeps all the doors open. If the club turns into a complete ****show and relegates, you want it as easy to leave as possible, I suppose. But Cologne were/are still fairly stable, no real chaos there, for some reason they just played ****e for half a season. Seems the players feel responsible for the situation and stay on to right the wrong.

Fair play to them.

Joe Hart on a free it is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It gonna be Leno or some unknown guy German people seem don't even rate Leno

Toby

It gonna be Leno or some unknown guy German people seem don't even rate Leno

Right, there's news on him, too.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...usel-noch-wenige-tage-gultig/view/news/306312

Leno has informed Bayer Leverkusen he wants to leave. Contract is running until 2020, but he apparently has a release clause of 20m €, which can reportedly be triggered until 30th of April. According to the article, Atletico Madrid, SSC Napoli and Arsenal are interested, but as of yet there's nothing substantial. Hradecky, who is on a free, seems to already have agrred terms with Leverkusen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Right, there's news on him, too.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...usel-noch-wenige-tage-gultig/view/news/306312

Leno has informed Bayer Leverkusen he wants to leave. Contract is running until 2020, but he apparently has a release clause of 20m €, which can reportedly be triggered until 30th of April. According to the article, Atletico Madrid, SSC Napoli and Arsenal are interested, but as of yet there's nothing substantial. Hradecky, who is on a free, seems to already have agrred terms with Leverkusen.
I have feeling we'll go for Leno if he really does want to leave Sven seem rate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom