• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I like Ospina but he could’ve done better for the Fellaini goal.

Should’ve come out and caught/punched the ball even if it meant leveling a United/Arsenal player in harms way.

He’s not helping his bid for the No. 1 shirt with these moments.

HBL

Established Member
He is rubbish and always has been because of his height. I’m not sure what he’s done here to be rated by anyone, he looks like he has an error in him every game.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He is rubbish and always has been because of his height. I’m not sure what he’s done here to be rated by anyone, he looks like he has an error in him every game.
He's also slow, error prone and every un-commanding. Unless a shot is hit within him or the vicinity of comfortable arm reach and speed, he's not saving a shot. Need him to move his feet to save something? No chance. Need him to dive across to just palm something away? No chance.

Malky

Established Member
I like Ospina but he could’ve done better for the Fellaini goal.

Should’ve come out and caught/punched the ball even if it meant leveling a United/Arsenal player in harms way.

He’s not helping his bid for the No. 1 shirt with these moments.
There is no ' bid ' for him to be first choice, he's simply not good enough! Today is evidence of that - his height is against him but he's not even that agile for a small keeper.
The guy is the definition of a 'bang average' keeper.
This guy is underrated here because of his height/stature. I’d make him the No. 1 from next season and sell Cech. Macey becomes the backup.
Ospina as first choice and an inexperienced Macey as back-up? :lol::lol:
Nothing against Macey, by the way, but he's not going to improve sitting on the bench when he could be out on loan getting experience.

arsmile

Established Member
i like and rate ospina

he is short- and it's a weakness...but it's not as if he can do anything about it.

cech's been all over the place because of ridiculous decisions recently...that's harder to forgive.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
There is no ' bid ' for him to be first choice, he's simply not good enough! Today is evidence of that - his height is against him but he's not even that agile for a small keeper.
The guy is the definition of a 'bang average' keeper.

Ospina as first choice and an inexperienced Macey as back-up? :lol::lol:
Nothing against Macey, by the way, but he's not going to improve sitting on the bench when he could be out on loan getting experience.

@arsmile - answered your post well. If I remember correctly, Iker isn’t exactly tall either.

And I agree Macey should be sent on loan but somehow our loan GKs never return. Woj and now Martinez at Getafe (rumor has it he’ll stay in Spain)

DasBootist

I'd take Almunia back in a heartbeat.
Might be easy to make such a post, but even joking about that is in poor taste. We still had some good players in Almunia's time here, but that was offset by Manuel's very presence.

Still struggling to understand why Wenger signed a keeper from the second tier in Spain, made said keeper his number one, and persisted with the guy for several seasons.

Malky

Established Member
@arsmile - answered your post well. If I remember correctly, Iker isn’t exactly tall either.

And I agree Macey should be sent on loan but somehow our loan GKs never return. Woj and now Martinez at Getafe (rumor has it he’ll stay in Spain)
Did you just compare Ospina to one of the all time greats? :eek:
Yeah Casillas is about the same height as Ospina, but other than his incredible reaction speed Iker was blessed with cat like agility, some of his saves back in his Madrid days were world class and absolutely ridiculous. Ospina isn't that agile for a small keeper, at times his diving looks awkward.

Yeah our loans are strange, but for what it's worth Martinez never looked that impressive, people seem to forget he's only 2 years younger than Szczesny and hasn't proved himself anywhere near the same level. Szczesny's loan, however, I'll never understand - he should be our current and future number one after the way he performed at Roma.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Might be easy to make such a post, but even joking about that is in poor taste. We still had some good players in Almunia's time here, but that was offset by Manuel's very presence.

Still struggling to understand why Wenger signed a keeper from the second tier in Spain, made said keeper his number one, and persisted with the guy for several seasons.

?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not going to let Ospina off so I dug this thread out. I havent seen replays but I'm sure it was his awful kick that fizzed out to the left that gave them possession before the goal. I know there was some time between but we had all the play before and then they had a lengthy spell all from that throw in up to the goal. I would keep Cech as back up for his final year, sell Ospina and obviously bring in a new GK.

Malky

Established Member
Absolutely awful for Atletico's goal last night. Bad enough he's a midget, but coming out and going to ground as early is suicidal goalkeeping against a striker like Costa.
Would rather see some of the young keepers get a chance over this clown.
Bin Ospina, sign a new keeper in the summer, keep Cech as back-up and pray we don't need to use him much.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom