• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Per Mertesacker: The BFG

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I do wonder if there is context taken away from his words. Per is a smart guy and must realize the impact of such words. He probably just realizes he can no longer compete at the required level and prefers not to take a spot from someone younger or better. Kinda like Gary Neville deciding to call it quits midway the season.

Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I do wonder if there is context taken away from his words. Per is a smart guy and must realize the impact of such words. He probably just realizes he can no longer compete at the required level and prefers not to take a spot from someone younger or better. Kinda like Gary Neville deciding to call it quits midway the season.
A fair point tbh. But he is still a registered player and by not calling it quits in December,we didn't actively look for a starting replacement. With him and Kos,our best CB's aren't totally reliable.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
He will still play if he has to.

But Kola can play CB as can Holding.

I see nothing wrong with what he's said he wanted to retire anyway after the FA cup win but Wenger begged him to stay one last season

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I am beginning to believe, to my utter amazement, that he is not going to play another minute of competitive football. I find this quite absurd.

Oh_Snap

I am beginning to believe, to my utter amazement, that he is not going to play another minute of competitive football. I find this quite absurd.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the story about him fining Iwobi many times for turning up late to training suggests he does have some kind of job already off the field

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
the story about him fining Iwobi many times for turning up late to training suggests he does have some kind of job already off the field
For which he should receive the appropriate remuneration - not a Top Five premiership first XI footballer's salary.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Been a good player but the last year or so has been comical. It’s like he’s been in semi retirement yet still part of the playing staff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom