• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Is that combined or for each? Diallo is a serious talent, though. Would love him here. The other one I have no idea about.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Is that combined or for each? Diallo is a serious talent, though. Would love him here. The other one I have no idea about.

Surely not for one.
Both are great talents, but no club shouldn't pay around 30m for each. There are better alternatives - then put 10m on the table and try to get Pavard.

Diallo is max 20m in this market.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.de/geld-f...-gbamin-fur-60-mio-verkaufen/view/news/307572

Bild, via it's outlet Transfermarkt, reports again on the added 60m for Diallo and Gbamin. Both valued around 30m by Mainz. They mention Arsenal as the last club Diallo was linked to.

Gbamin is a very interesting player, too. He's linked to Schalke, mostly.

Any transfer talks could be complicated by Mainz DoF leaving the club, as there are rumours linking him to HSV.

There are better alternatives - then put 10m on the table and try to get Pavard.

Diallo is max 20m in this market.

Agree that Diallo is max 20. Pavard on the other hand is 30 to 40, especially if he joins the WC squad, now that Koscielny is injured. But I'd rather pay up on the Stuttgart defender, than sign Diallo. Pavard is clearly the better player already with a higher ceiling, too.

NieThePiet

https://www.transfermarkt.de/geld-f...-gbamin-fur-60-mio-verkaufen/view/news/307572

Bild, via it's outlet Transfermarkt, reports again on the added 60m for Diallo and Gbamin. Both valued around 30m by Mainz. They mention Arsenal as the last club Diallo was linked to.

Gbamin is a very interesting player, too. He's linked to Schalke, mostly.

Any transfer talks could be complicated by Mainz DoF leaving the club, as there are rumours linking him to HSV.

Agree that Diallo is max 20. Pavard on the other hand is 30 to 40, especially if he joins the WC squad, now that Koscielny is injured. But I'd rather pay up on the Stuttgart defender, than sign Diallo. Pavard is clearly the better player already with a higher ceiling, too.

Oh, Wanted to write 10m MORE on the table (20+10) for Pavard. Of course no One gets him for 10m :D

Yep, Pavard is One of the best Defenders this Season and surely will be at the WC. But Reschke want to form a Stuttgart Team to battle for the international places Next Season, surely with Pavard.

Toby

Oh, Wanted to write 10m MORE on the table (20+10) for Pavard. Of course no One gets him for 10m :D

Yep, Pavard is One of the best Defenders this Season and surely will be at the WC. But Reschke want to form a Stuttgart Team to battle for the international places Next Season, surely with Pavard.

I do hope he stays with us (Stuttgart). Integral part of our team and a top defender. He's got everything.

Stannis

Gbamin has spent a fair few games playing as a DM, would be an interesting choice but i dont think he is good enough on the ball. At that prince, Rodrigo, Berge, Dendoncker and Zakkaria would be better pics.

I wonder if this news about him and Diallo is just being pushed because they haven't had as much interest, and because of all the media buzz about us getting Söyüncü.

Toby

I wonder if this news about him and Diallo is just being pushed because they haven't had as much interest, and because of all the media buzz about us getting Söyüncü.

Mainz are lower/midtable - not even a feeder or academy club. To reinforce their squad, which is much needed as they just narrowly escaped relegation last matchday, they desperatly need to sell.

Two or three other starting players are already leaving - they need new signings and to do that they need money, which is why the put their two most valuable assets in the shopping window.

I'm highly sceptical though they will make 60m off of these two, though. More like 35 to max 45m.

Last edited:

NieThePiet

Mainz are lower/midtable - not even a feeder or academy club. To reinforce their squad, which is much needed as they just narrowly escaped relegation last matchday, they desperatly need to sell.

Two or three other starting players are already leaving - they need new signings and to do that they need money, which is why the put their two most valuable assets in the shopping window.

I'm highly sceptical though they will make 60m off of these two, though. More like 35 to max 45m.

Mainz sold Cordoba for 17€m, so they normally they are not allowed to sell one of them to under 20€m. They want 20€m+ for Muto too.

But looks like Schröder will go to HSV, so the new manager could have new plans for their Muto, Gbamin and Diallo.

Toby

Mainz sold Cordoba for 17€m, so they normally they are not allowed to sell one of them to under 20€m. They want 20€m+ for Muto too.

But looks like Schröder will go to HSV, so the new manager could have new plans for their Muto, Gbamin and Diallo.

Cologne did get ripped of in the Cordoba deal. Just looked at his numbers from 16/17, but for the kind of high profile he had his numbers are laughable.

I'm thinking Muto, Gbamin and Diallo will end up costing around 15 to 25m € each.

Muto might end up in the Okazaki ranges, who cost 11m €, so with inflated prices Mainz might get 15m or just above from an english club.

Can't see Gbamin going for much more than 20m €, his profile just isn't as big as other young DMs in Ligue 1, e.g. You could compare him to Ndidi, who cost Leicester aroud 18m last season, coming from Genk.

Diallo, through the links to Arsenal, probably has the highest profile of these three and might fetch 25 to 30m €.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You can't Sven everything, sometimes you just have to Raul something. The centre-back position is one that I think should be Rauled, not Svenned.

We've got three young centre-backs already. As much as players like Diallo, Soyuncu, De Ligt, Pavard etc etc are potentially great young defenders, what we need is an experienced defender.

I know we're heading into a bit of a Project Youth 2.0 in the next few years, but let Sven do his thing in other areas of the pitch; winger, full-back etc. Central defender and goalkeeper can't be f*cked around with.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From what I’ve gathered:

Pavard, Diallo, Soyuncu in that order right?

All in the £20-30m range.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Diallo is wanted by Arsenal and Dortmund. but Di Marzio saying Dortmund are more likely to sign him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom