• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Something I like with him, as I've said before for other candidates, is that he has experience playing two strikers up top. That'd be very useful to get the best out of our current squad.

What formation do they usually play?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm all for a german coach here, whether it's Hasenhuttl or Nagelsmann. These new age ones think outside the box and are finding new ways of improving the game.
Gotta have a game to be able to improve

Next manager should be a defensive team organizer. No flair

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Who cares? It's such a Mickey Mouse league in the U.S that it wouldn't be worth a **** if he'd won the championship. They don't even get relegated there if they're finishing last because they don't have enough teams for a second division. It's an absolute joke.

Actually there is a 2nd division here. USL currently has 33 teams and is adding at least 6 more over the next 3 seasons. That's not why there is no promotion and relegation (which isn't necessary to create interest down the table anyway since there is a playoff structure). And while MLS obviously isn't nearly at the level of the Premier League, it's actually a pretty good league. A lot of great young talent. Many international players from South America and Europe. A lot of the old guys who come from the PL have a hard time keeping up because the talent base is young and athletic. Ibrahimovic is finding the going very tough so far after joining the Galaxy recently. It's a lot better than you realize.

And NYCFC is actually one of the best teams, not one of the bottom teams. They finished 2nd in the league in points during the regular season. Manchester City bought one of their good young players (Jack Harrison, an England U-21 international) in January and loaned him out to Middlesbrough.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we are getting Sokratis and that Turkish kid that must mean Mustafi is off. New CB duo for Arteta :drool:

Aevi

Hale End FC
What formation do they usually play?
4-2-2-2, like so:

rbleipzig11.jpg

The players used and the way the formation is described in this article makes me think he'd make good use of the players we have:

https://soccertofootball.com/rb-leipzig-playing-without-wings/

c00lguy

Are there any articles out there that can educate us and give us an insight into Arteta's coaching methods that he employed in his 2 years under Guardiola's wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom