• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
I was the first to tell you to pile onto Arteta - in all seriousness, I hear that Moyes has been interviewed as his assistant.

Again, your heard it here first...

Thanks just put house deposit on this happening. Hope you come good again mate.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I can already see it, Gazidis leaking rumours that we are in for Moyes, just so everyone will be begging for Arteta.

I'll never settle for Arteta but I'd NEVER gave Moyes half a glance let alone consider him for a post infinitely above his limited capabilities.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Thanks just put house deposit on this happening. Hope you come good again mate.

Only the deposit - break open the kids piggy bank!

I got Arteta at 33/1 so if it does come through, that's my season tickets paid for...

As for Moyes, all I really know is that his resignation wasn't coincidental and there has been contact and/or a meeting. May go somewhere, may not, but it definitely happened.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
BTW can I just say we never heard a word about Arteta as a coach last season when City finished 4th and Pep was a "fraud", but now all of a sudden since City won the league at a canter he's some influential figure at their club.

That's because in the first year he wasn't allowed to say anything. He was just told to shut up and look handsome in the corner.

Having failed miserably in his first season, Pep realised he needed help and someone with a full head of hair, so embraced Arteta and his ideas.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
On top of that you're comparing two completely different situations. We weren't looking for a manager last year, wer're now so obviously there's going to be a lot of emphasis on what he did at City.
It has nothing to do with being linked with the Arsenal job. Unless you think Arteta only started working with the players this season, there wasn't any noise coming out of City last year that he was having an impact on the team.
Absolutely nobody has said he's some influential figure at their club.
Of course they're insinuating that, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about all the extra coaching he does with their players. Someone on here even posted an article claiming Arteta was essentially the manager against Arsenal last season, not Pep.
There's nothing fickle about it.

@American_Gooner is inventing stuff.
Absolutely not an invention. You probably count on one hand how many people wanted Arteta to replace Wenger when the process began, that number has grown significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom