• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
He isn’t as crap as people make him out to be, but he has been a let down and it’s made worse by the fact he always looks to blame others. That what takes folks over the edge imo

He is young for a CB, and in away from his home. People should give him some love. He scored against Sp**s, in case we forget. The problems with him are mostly mental. It may be solveable.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Would keep him and start him and Sokratis next season, think he will improve immensely under new management. He has not been worth his price tag by a far yet, but still believe he gets scapegoated a bit too much this season. Koscielny on the other hand has been really bad, but i might expect too much of him. I believe in Musti.

macka66

Wouldn't be surprised if we did get rid of him during the summer. He looks like he cant hack it in the premier league. Inter were interested in signing him both last Summer and in the January window. Sell him to them for 20-25 million or use him in a deal to get Milan Škriniar.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He is young for a CB, and in away from his home. People should give him some love. He scored against Sp**s, in case we forget. The problems with him are mostly mental. It may be solveable.
Not sure how much he played for Germany but that should be a good assessment for how well he fares under stable tactical conditions surrounded by quality.

I feel there's more to Mustafi, because problems seem to mostly lie in the concentration department. Koscielny has been equally shocking at times, but he puts in a heroic performance every now and then to compensate.

Can't wait for our new manager to bring some defensive stability to our team.

Jae

Not sure how much he played for Germany but that should be a good assessment for how well he fares under stable tactical conditions surrounded by quality.

I feel there's more to Mustafi, because problems seem to mostly lie in the concentration department. Koscielny has been equally shocking at times, but he puts in a heroic performance every now and then to compensate.

Can't wait for our new manager to bring some defensive stability to our team.

To be honest mate, and some people might disagree with me here, but I think other than the top 5 or so teams, the general standard of International football is below that of club football anyway.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
To be honest mate, and some people might disagree with me here, but I think other than the top 5 or so teams, the general standard of International football is below that of club football anyway.
Agreed, but I bet Germany with Mustafi at the back would be able to beat Forest or Stoke comfortably.

Reactions: Jae

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We will sell him this summer. You just have to take the loss

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

He is a very good defender with a strong desire to express himself on the pitch. The amount of through balls he tries, and invariably fails, is amazing. Nothing fazes him, and he keeps at it. In a better refereed game, and not the "i will make the rules up as i go" refereeing in the PL. he would be an asset. He can play the ball, he can head, he has strength and pace. Too bad he got mixed up in the AFTV Poison / Non-VAR / Mike Dean Revenge Season.
You aren't a very good defender when your good performances are vastly outweighed by mediocre to bad ones. He's had some very good performances. He may well still develop into a good defender. To say he is one at the moment is inaccurate. Any defender can put in the odd good performance. You can moan about the PL refereeing if you'd like. We aren't moving country so that's the standard of refereeing he's going to have to tailor his performances to. Other players have managed it, if he can't he's not good enough. It's not complicated.

Reactions: Jae

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
You aren't a very good defender when your good performances are vastly outweighed by mediocre to bad ones. He's had some very good performances. He may well still develop into a good defender. To say he is one at the moment is inaccurate. Any defender can put in the odd good performance. You can moan about the PL refereeing if you'd like. We aren't moving country so that's the standard of refereeing he's going to have to tailor his performances to. Other players have managed it, if he can't he's not good enough. It's not complicated.
who has? even per and kos made huge bloopers, and got very little support from fans or ref.

Longy

I don't see us selling him now Koscielny is done.
Talk of Socratis coming in confirms that imo.

It looks like we have 3 pretty good young CB's. You would only consider using one of them as a first teamer if we bought 1 very solid WC defender to partner them. 1 solid + 1 young.
Or we go the other way which is what we have had for years, 2 ok defenders.
So we are looking like Mustafi and Socratis with Chambers, Mavropanos and Holding supporting.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I don't see us selling him now Koscielny is done.
Talk of Socratis coming in confirms that imo.

It looks like we have 3 pretty good young CB's. You would only consider using one of them as a first teamer if we bought 1 very solid WC defender to partner them. 1 solid + 1 young.
Or we go the other way which is what we have had for years, 2 ok defenders.
So we are looking like Mustafi and Socratis with Chambers, Mavropanos and Holding supporting.

We need two senior CBs coming in this summer. We have one and hes a disaster

Longy

We need two senior CBs coming in this summer. We have one and hes a disaster

What we need and get are 2 seperate things.
We won't be buying 2 CB's now Koscielny is on the sidelines. They just simply won't spend the money.

Our model is 1 marquee signing per summer with some fluff around the edges.
Lacazette was our marquee last year and I fear that Aubemeyang was this summers marquee brought forward, hence the rumours of only 50m in the budget.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

What we need and get are 2 seperate things.
We won't be buying 2 CB's now Koscielny is on the sidelines. They just simply won't spend the money.

Our model is 1 marquee signing per summer with some fluff around the edges.
Lacazette was our marquee last year and I fear that Aubemeyang was this summers marquee brought forward, hence the rumours of only 50m in the budget.

The money we get for Mustafi and Ramsey should help. You’re probably right. We won’t get all we need but it’s what we need none the less

Longy

We never get what we need.

We now have a strikeforce that is actually crazy, all in their peak years.
We have a dysfunctional midfield, and appalling defence.

Logic tells you the time to strike is now and get in the players AND MANAGER required to allow our strikeforce to function effectively. But we will drag the chain and miss the opportunity as we build.
By the time we build the defense/midfield, our stikers will be old or gone.

And the cycle will continue on and on and on......

Just no ambition. Just do enough to keep enough of the fans comfortable.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

who has? even per and kos made huge bloopers, and got very little support from fans or ref.
It's not the referee's job to support you. What are you on about? And Kos and Per have both had many more good performances for this club than bad ones which is why they HAVE been supported by the fans. Did you not see the sendoff Per was given last week? Why make things up? Both of them are beloved by the fans in large part because the good has far outweighed the bad. Koscielny's errors have been criticized by the way but we can also draw on things like him pocketing Messi or how many big goals he's scored to outweigh those mistakes. Mustafi is the opposite at the moment.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would give Mustafi another season under a new manager and hopefully a new defensive system.

Sokratis with Chambers, Mavrapanos, Holding, Caglar, like some are suggesting, is probably the worst CB pairing in the PL.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
It's not the referee's job to support you. What are you on about? And Kos and Per have both had many more good performances for this club than bad ones which is why they HAVE been supported by the fans. Did you not see the sendoff Per was given last week? Why make things up? Both of them are beloved by the fans in large part because the good has far outweighed the bad. Koscielny's errors have been criticized by the way but we can also draw on things like him pocketing Messi or how many big goals he's scored to outweigh those mistakes. Mustafi is the opposite at the moment.

Bah. Refs need to call decisions fairly, not look the other way when Aguero pushes Mustafi.

Mustafi too has had many good performances at a relatively young age and in less time at the club. Compare to a 25 yr old Kos or Per.

This club fans have not supported any player or manager. They have only shouted abuse. Per was abused vilely for being slow. Kos was called a *****. Wenger was called an old idiot. As for sendoff, yes, even Wenger got a sendoff, but he was abused on a train station by his own club fans.

so forgive me for saying...

Bah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom