• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Aevi

Hale End FC
https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-finally-completes-his-farewell-speech

This is more than just watching football,” he said. “It’s a way of life. It is caring about the beautiful game, about the values that we cherish, and as well something that goes through every cell of our body. We care, we worry, we are desperate, but when you come here, we realise…

And then his microphone failed.

Wenger’s words were tugging at the heartstrings of Arsenal supporters everywhere, but what was he going to say?

In his final interview with Arsenal.com before leaving the club, Arsène finally completed his speech. So, what do “we realise” when we watch our team?

We realise it’s all worth it, all the suffering, because then the special moments start,” he said. “You can click with your team and be transported into a different world on another planet. That’s what I wanted to say.

“Look, we’re happy, we’re not happy, you’re disagreeing, but when you come to the stadium and the team plays and transports us to a beautiful world, you realise it’s all worth it.

“Daily life is not always enjoyable, it’s difficult for many people, and I’m always moved by one thing: to try to give people, when they wake up in the morning and go to the stadium, the hope of a special moment, the hope of a moment of happiness and the hope of a moment where they can forget all their problems.

“I think football has that responsibility and when you manage to do that, all the rest is worth it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-finally-completes-his-farewell-speech

This is more than just watching football,” he said. “It’s a way of life. It is caring about the beautiful game, about the values that we cherish, and as well something that goes through every cell of our body. We care, we worry, we are desperate, but when you come here, we realise…

And then his microphone failed.

Wenger’s words were tugging at the heartstrings of Arsenal supporters everywhere, but what was he going to say?

In his final interview with Arsenal.com before leaving the club, Arséne finally completed his speech. So, what do “we realise” when we watch our team?

We realise it’s all worth it, all the suffering, because then the special moments start,” he said. “You can click with your team and be transported into a different world on another planet. That’s what I wanted to say.

“Look, we’re happy, we’re not happy, you’re disagreeing, but when you come to the stadium and the team plays and transports us to a beautiful world, you realise it’s all worth it.

“Daily life is not always enjoyable, it’s difficult for many people, and I’m always moved by one thing: to try to give people, when they wake up in the morning and go to the stadium, the hope of a special moment, the hope of a moment of happiness and the hope of a moment where they can forget all their problems.

“I think football has that responsibility and when you manage to do that, all the rest is worth it.
FFS man, I just got over this crying stage. Feel like I have been bawling buckets for weeks now. Seriously underestimated how heavy this would be and how much it this man actually means to me.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It's not too late, Arsène!

tenor.gif

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
It is a misconception that there is a rabid mob of bitter whiners who made sure Wenger left the club. Its not true. Over 150 votes on the poll, and my ignorelist is in single figures, and all is sweetness and light on the forum for me.

Thats all they were, a handful. Its just that the narrative was seized upon by a media which had been trying for years to crack open our citadel.

I knew this was Wenger's last season, when he tore Mike Dean a new one. Good old Wenger. There was nothing they could do in revenge, and he would carry the can with him when he left. They screwed our season, specially the away games, where they probably felt bolder in being prissy pricks, but thats all they could do.

This was a transition year anyway. So many outgoings and incomings. One last bow, one last wave and away he went, leaving his child with his house.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It was a noisy minority who started the process but it was apathy which decided the issue.

The one time they tried to demonstrate against Wenger at the Emirates it was a miserable failure and most of the ground supported him.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Once I was sitting in a sports bar in india, and a bunch of kids came in, about 16 -17 yrs age...one kid among them was being teased by the others. They were saying, at least win one trophy, even a small carling cup. why do you support such a losing club. the kid stuck it out, talked net spend, talked youth squad, talked top 4. You could see his conviction was there and that he knew they wouldnt understand. At the end, he said loudly, i dont care I love they way they play. That was the unbeatable argument.

Thats what being an Arsenal fan was, I could instantly relate to him. Used to be simple.

i.will.miss.you

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Listening to segments of "the last interview" series,Wenger talks about how special the 98 double was because his parents came over to celebrate with him. They're dead now as are a few friends from his childhood. You could hear how deeply moved he was when he spoke of his dearly departed. And yet, I have no recollection at all of him ever not being on the bench. Not one day! As he says, committment and love.
#willlovehimforever

Latest posts+

Top Bottom