• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How much will we spend?

How much will Arsenal spend in the summer transfer market?

• We'll make a profit

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Under £50m

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • £50m-100m

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • £100m+

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Using wiki I've looked up the transfers the club has made since 2013/14 when the purse strings were 'loosened' by the glorious Stanley Kroenke. I'm sure they're not 100% but it gives a rough idea - these figures are for both summer and January transfers.

13/14: £33m net
14/15: £47m net
15/16: £20m net
16/17: £85m net
17/18: £7m profit​

With rumours of a £50m budget and no CL football (again), how much are the club going to spend?

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
As optimist, I think ~£70mln net, but in reality it will probably be under £50mln net + £3mln bonus for Ivan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wouldn’t be an Arsenal summer if we didn’t pick up someone who is available on a “free”.

We’ll convince ourselves he’s really good despite NO other top club wanting him.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Swiss Ramble already gave his opinion:

So, what's his claim?

a) That we've already spent most of the reserves.

b) That the reserves won't be spent in transfers at any point.

c) That the reserves won't be spent this window.

If a) is true, then we might as well shut up shop. Incredible incompetence, spending less than bottom clubs for years and then having to burn all our reserves just to get by in a couple of windows, despite consistent CL presence until recently etc. How horrendous can our cash flow be?

Preacher

Always Crying
So, what's his claim?

a) That we've already spent most of the reserves.

b) That the reserves won't be spent in transfers at any point.

c) That the reserves won't be spent this window.

If a) is true, then we might as well shut up shop. Incredible incompetence, spending less than bottom clubs for years and then having to burn all our reserves just to get by in a couple of windows, despite consistent CL presence until recently etc. How horrendous can our cash flow be?
AST did financial analysis. They also think that it'll be around £70m:
https://www.arsenaltrust.org/news/2...oldings-plc-half-yr-accounts-to-november-2017

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I still don't believe we got 50M to spend. I mean we got 50M for playing in Europa and arriving to semi final plus 100M+ from TV deal. That's should been added to transfer budget not to Kroenke pocket

Top Bottom