• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Shaking with uncontrollable rage currently.

Would love to slap @Kingslayer right across the back of his head.

88ffab83f659aac2519d2b3c2a925bd3.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
:lol: I'd take Henry, honestly. If we're going to go down the massive and stupid gamble route - we may as well make the gamble on a true club legend. His aura alone in transfer negotiations etc would be beneficial. Players would want to work for Henry in the same way they want to work for Zidane. Arteta? Not so much.

The annoying thing for me is that I can't do much as a fan except support the new manager - even if I disagree with the appointment. It's impossible to stay in a permanently angry state. :lol: At the same time, it's hard to be of the opinion that the club is playing us for fools and to simply go along with it.

I'm sure I will mellow down when the season starts. I'm just supremely frustrated right now with the candidates we are looking at and what I perceive to be the reasons behind them.
Players will have to play for Arteta or he will move you on.

I think a new team and squad will be developed.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
The club will push on with signings even without the new man in place so there's no rush to make the appointment. They could leave it until the first week of July if they want to. Think this will drag on a while yet.

carlito'sway

Established Member
From Sky Sports:

ARSENAL TO SPEAK TO HENRY

Arsenal are intending to speak to club legend Thierry Henry about the vacant managerial position at the Emirates early next week, according to Sky sources.

The club are undertaking an extensive process to determine Arséne Wenger's replacement at the helm, following the Frenchman's departure after 22-years in charge.

Sky Sports News understands that the leading candidate for the position is former midfielder Mikel Arteta.

We can safely assume that the club is talking to Henry, like they did with Viera, just as a PR/ political gesture. Nothing more or else to see there.

Preacher

Always Crying
He needs to have experience staff around him, especially his no.2.

I hope, that Baldy and his appointment Arteta will prove me wrong. I don't like it, but I'll support him to succeed and shut up 66% of our fanbase.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
After all this publicity, image how bad Arteta’s going to feel when they annonounce someone else.

He’s already found a school for the kids and packed his iPad. It’ll traumatise him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
:lol: I'd take Henry, honestly. If we're going to go down the massive and stupid gamble route - we may as well make the gamble on a true club legend. His aura alone in transfer negotiations etc would be beneficial. Players would want to work for Henry in the same way they want to work for Zidane. Arteta? Not so much.

The annoying thing for me is that I can't do much as a fan except support the new manager - even if I disagree with the appointment. It's impossible to stay in a permanently angry state. :lol: At the same time, it's hard to be of the opinion that the club is playing us for fools and to simply go along with it.

I'm sure I will mellow down when the season starts. I'm just supremely frustrated right now with the candidates we are looking at and what I perceive to be the reasons behind them.

Agree. But I actually want Arteta now - kinda want to see how that pens out. But would take Henry and Alonso as assistants and maybe Buvac. Highly unlikely but would be a good mix IMO.

Arteta and Buvac to bring City's and Liverpool's style of play into the mix with Henry and Alonso getting experience and mostly as big name figures that command authority and might help for transfers..

CrypticSaint

Clearly the board have decided Arteta has shown potential to be a huge success and enough of it to be worth the risk. It ultimately comes down to ideology.

Do you take a 80% chance of winning £10 or a 20% chance of winning £100?

You can make a case for both sides. You could choose the first because the 20% chance of the second option is small or you could say the £10 winnings are small enough that it's better to take a smaller chance of larger money.

Personally I'd choose Allegri over Arteta as it is a much less risky appointment, however the real question is: Is Arteta's potential worth £100 compared to Allegri's £10? If the board have truely seen enough to suggest that Arteta is ready for the role and worth a punt I don't think you can criticise that decision. So I'm not going to be up in arms when he is appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom