• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I think there must be 2 schools of thought here as anyone thinking Arteta is a good appointment cant base it on likelihood of success as a pre requisite as the chances of that are very unlikely imo as we are unlikely to spend the money needed and he is unlikely to play the style needed either.
Suspect its more to do with carrying on with this style over substance mug off we've had to put up with for years. Thats if you can call the football witnessed the last few years stylish, I wouldnt.
You have to hand it to them if they can pull the wool over some Arsenal fans eyes and appoint Arteta with people still thinking "whar a great idea" no its bloody not.
Going by the poll those who back Arteta are still the minority and no one Ive spoken to Arsenal fan or otherwise think it is a good idea.
If I could bet £1000 on one of Allegri/Emery vs Arteta to bring back success to Arsenal it would not be Arteta my money would go on and I doubt anyone else would say different.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
It looks like its going to be the Arteta - Santi - Per regime (ASP). The 3 boys who came in restored the spine of Arsenal, when the spineless ones left.

The fourth was Giroud, but he is currently leading the attack at superambitious overachieving bigspending whizkidmanager Chelsea, so no GASP

samshere

Why so serieuse?

On the bright side, Gazidis is really sticking his neck out with the Arteta appointment and if Arteta crashes and burns it would(should) mean a goodbye to him as well.

Reactions: A_G

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
How can you have a legend and technical genius like Pires desperate to come home and not bring him back?
has he ever really left though? he seems to be a constant presence on the training ground and must know a fair bit about the talent, or lack of, of the current squad

2 Spaniards, a Frenchman, a Swede and 2 Germans forming the main coaching staff would be nice, though if Sven carries on in his current vein we will need to find ourselves a Greek coach soon

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
How can you have a legend and technical genius like Pires desperate to come home and not bring him back?

Think he's always spoken with utmost respect about Wenger and the club too, unlike certain other former players who seem desperate to return to the club.

Genuinely surprised we haven't given him a bigger role yet.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Since when are we supposed to care about other fans opinions?

If you have fans of other teams feeling sorry for you then something is very wrong. It's like when Fergie started pitying Wenger. That's why.

Hopefully this 50m figure is bollocks but it seems about right judging by recent years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I imagine he has had no encouragement.

That’s not really the point. Arteta went off and did his coaching badges because he wanted to coach. Alonso, Xavi and Raul are currently taking their badges because they have an interest in coaching. Pires is regularly at the training ground seen to be having a laugh with everyone but hasn’t bothered getting his coaching badges. To me that tells me he’s not really interested in it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
If you have fans of other teams feeling sorry for you then something is very wrong. It's like when Fergie started pitying Wenger. That's why.

Hopefully this 50m figure is bollocks but it seems about right judging by recent years.

Fergie is one thing, the fans another. We are talking about people who sang songs about Wenger being a pedophile. They are a bunch of false wankers.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

That’s not really the point. Arteta went off and did his coaching badges because he wanted to coach. Alonso, Xavi and Raul are currently taking their badges because they have an interest in coaching. Pires is regularly at the training ground seen to be having a laugh with everyone but hasn’t bothered getting his coaching badges. To me that tells me he’s not really interested in it.

I know what you mean, but he does keep banging on about wanting to be involved so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. I think we should be reaching out to the likes of him though and making every effort to encourage them to go down the path of joining the staff. Be a bit weird for him to say stuff like that while ignore any attempts the club have made at helping him get his badges etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom