• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
From this squad who are you expecting to benefit the most from this change and have a big 18/19 season..

I think Bellerin will prove a lot of his doubters wrong and have an excellent season, I'll stick my neck out and say he'll be among the best fullbacks in europe next season. Still very young, shown he's capable of being solid defensively and gets into many interesting positions offensively(and is involved in a lot of our build up to chances), I'm hoping Emery can help improve his decision making/execution in the final third and positioning/tactical knowledge defensively. Getting snubbed from the world cup squad should motivate him too..

AMN will have a bigger role too, I think Emery will like what he has to offer in the middle and he could end up as a starter before the season is over..

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think Auba will definitely benefit from a bit more consistent involvement in Emery's system. I also would not be surprised if he gets something out of Iwobi. He seems like a good lad who is receptive to coaching and potentially will really benefit a lot from the in depth video analysis.

elemoo

I have a feeling that if we don't buy a DM, Elniesta will solidify this spot if we improve the defense (which we will, even if it's 1 new buy + the youngsters; chambers etc). He can defo go to the next level (already showed glimpses), easily the most improved player last season.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Think the whole team will benefit for 6 months to a season . Iwobi and Özil I think will get the most benefit . Think Lacazette will be benched.

Yeah I wanted to mention Iwobi too, think it’ll come down to how serious he’ll take it and how willing he’s to improve. If Emery can get him to play to his potential, he’ll have a big season.

Not sure how Emery will solve the Auba-Lacazette dynamic, preseason should give us some answers, hoping he can integrate them both in the lineup, we don’t have too many goalscorers in the team.

KROENKE SUCKS

Does he even have a rep of working with youth? From Bergkamp to Vieira to Pires to Henry to Cesc to RvP to Sanchez, Wenger has always been able to elevate one of his players into being the best in the league. Even before he came to Arsenal he had Weah, Thuram and Deschamps, all of whom became legends.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Think the whole team will benefit for 6 months to a season . Iwobi and Özil I think will get the most benefit . Think Lacazette will be benched.

I think the opposite actually think Lacazette and Xhaka will be most improved next year.

Xhaka will be less exposed and have some disciplined support which will allow him to be more effective in his distribution and positioning.

I don't think Laca's injury can be underestimated last year. He looked sharper and more physical on his return, I really think he is the type of striker that Emery thrives working with. A focal point, link up play and workrate will be required but I think he has it in him.

Does he even have a rep of working with youth? From Bergkamp to Vieira to Pires to Henry to Cesc to RvP to Sanchez, Wenger has always been able to elevate one of his players into being the best in the league. Even before he came to Arsenal he had Weah, Thuram and Deschamps, all of whom became legends.

@MutableEarth seems to have given his stamp of approval yesterday, but mutable is probably the most worried about our youth academy players and he would have hard time approving a manager that doesn't promotes youth, specially when we have very strong academy at the moment!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel Emery will improve all the midfield & defenders he chooses to keep. Would not be surprised if only a couple remain in the team 18 months from now though.

Hector especially with a wide player infront playing a more tactical disciplined game. Koscielny also to surprise a few next year.

Good chance Özil drops off a bit with the added duties & less freedom.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think the opposite actually think Lacazette and Xhaka will be most improved next year.

Xhaka will be less exposed and have some disciplined support which will allow him to be more effective in his distribution and positioning.

I don't think Laca's injury can be underestimated last year. He looked sharper and more physical on his return, I really think he is the type of striker that Emery thrives working with. A focal point, link up play and workrate will be required but I think he has it in him.
Agreed and given how narrow the 2 "wingers" on either side of the striker seem to play under Emery I could easily see Auba starting from the left with Laca in the center.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think there is nothing wrong with Xhaka now , his distribution and positioning is much better than it was . It's either Lacazette or Auba and I just think it will be Auba.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Think there is nothing wrong with Xhaka now , his distribution and positioning is much better than it was . It's either Lacazette or Auba and I just think it will be Auba.

I think positionally he will improve because as a collective our defending will be better and he will have hopefully some midfield discipline instead of making him look worse than he is.

Striker wise it certainly will be interesting. Weird having 2 x 20 plus goals per season strikers.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Any of the defenders. Particularly Mustafi and Bellerin IMO. Could probably see some more consistency from guys like Xhaka and Iwobi.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

You are losing it, man, calm down.

We all love Wenger, but this thread is about who will improve under the new manager, Unai Emery, not Wenger.

If you bothered to look into it, you would have found that Emery has a very good record integrating youth players into the first team and improving them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom