• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

FEH

1. Kolasinac - will become a monster with the managers full confidence

2. Elneny - the guy has potential to be our best passer. With the backing of Emery he can show this. Just hope Elnenys humble personality isnt the cause for him to be overlooked because he has alot more to offer than Wenger trusted him to show.

I dont think Iwobi will improve much. He lacks IQ on the pitch and its not something you can teach. Like Welbecks finishing.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Completely agree with Bellerin @krengon, he and Xhaka were the two players I was most looking forward to seeing under a new manager.

Need him to repay our faith, have big hopes for him..

Not sure about Xhaka tbh. I think he's played pretty well recently and I'm unsure if he's going to better that next season individually at least. A different midfield setup and more rigid instruction should/could benefit him, so if Emery can take him to the next level I'd be thrilled, don't see it atm though..

I guess we'll have a better idea after preseason and when we know what formation Emery prefers for this team and what role he has envisioned for Xhaka.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Does he even have a rep of working with youth? From Bergkamp to Vieira to Pires to Henry to Cesc to RvP to Sanchez, Wenger has always been able to elevate one of his players into being the best in the league. Even before he came to Arsenal he had Weah, Thuram and Deschamps, all of whom became legends.
Those days were long gone. And so is Wenger.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth seems to have given his stamp of approval yesterday, but mutable is probably the most worried about our youth academy players and he would have hard time approving a manager that doesn't promotes youth, specially when we have very strong academy at the moment!
Brought through Mata, David Silva, Jordi Alba and Vitolo to name a few. Kimpembe. Lo Celso.

I would hope that Nelson, Amaechi and Smith-Rowe in particular are looked at for minutes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Closer to the first team, I see our midfielders in general becoming stronger. I also think Bellerin will thrive under a manager with a penchant for tightly coordinated attacking moves.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Need him to repay our faith, have big hopes for him..

Not sure about Xhaka tbh. I think he's played pretty well recently and I'm unsure if he's going to better that next season individually at least. A different midfield setup and more rigid instruction should/could benefit him, so if Emery can take him to the next level I'd be thrilled, don't see it atm though..

I guess we'll have a better idea after preseason and when we know what formation Emery prefers for this team and what role he has envisioned for Xhaka.

The more I think about it , the more I think not much is going to change . Think he wants to press and all coaches have different variations of it . Alex Iwobi and AMN will probably benefit the most from tactical instruction .

Think psychologically the entire squad will benefit from detailed instruction if only to boost their confidence before a match .

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I believe the entire team will benefit from a realignment of tactics & a different coaching perspective.

This first season is to give the manager the chance to determine his best team & figure out who will be shipped out next summer.

Loved his first press conference. Paid tribute to Arsène & directly said he can't promise anything save that he's excited to work with the current squad & that together they will strive to meet our objectives.

Not bad for a first day on the job :bounce:

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Bellerin for sure. Elneny is another I can see improving. I also think he might coach Ramsey into being a bit more positionally aware/disciplined.

Bergkamp1988

His intensive work with video can potentially improve every player. It then depends on their capacity for adaptation and their level of motivation.

Elneny could do wonders under Emery. He is has the kind of intensity in the work rate that will fit the coach's philosophy.

Mustafi could do much better. Emery will give him confidence and tighten his play. (he was able to teach Thiago Silva a few things, I'm sure our defenders will learn as well)

Ramsey should do great as well, has the capacity, work rate for good pressing and forward play. It always seemed like he was a bit lost on the pitch under Wenger, like a golden retriever. Perhaps he was lacking in directives.

Iwobi, not so sure imho. There is a slowness, heaviness about him that doesn't seem to fit the new coachs philosophy. So... Vitamin C and magnesium maybe.

AMN. Don't know. Feels a bit drowsy on the field at times. Like half of his mind is on the pitch, and the other half is wondering about metaphysics.

Wilshere. I can't help to hope something positive happens with him. Insert sad Frowny face.

Bellerin, will do great. Has the potential to be world-class.

Özil... Is a big question mark. I don't believe he can / will do any more defensively than what he has been doing so far. I think he either will get a Neymar special treatment while being at the center of every of our attacking plays. Other players will be asked to work harder in order to compensate.
Or he will be left on the side. I think option One.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think Emerys assistant will scare the **** out of Mustafi so he is forced to become competent again (reminder that his highest level is very good) out of fear. Also think Granit Xhaka will play a central role, wouldn't surprise me if he becomes captain

say yes

forum master baiter
Particularly excited for the fullbacks actually.

From what I understand of Emery's system he likes his fullbacks to provide the width with a DM dropping a bit deeper and his forwards tucking in.

Should suit Bellerin and particularly Kolasinac (who I think was treated extremely unfairly by Wenger last season) to a tee.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Kolasinac is an interesting shout actually.. Personally I don't rate him at all and think he's a dud, wonder what Emery makes of him.. Lots of people seem to think he was unfairly treated though, so we'll see.

Jae

Anyone who falls under the category of "Headless chicken", "poor decision maker" or "brainless" will probably improve drastically.

Take your pick as to who that applies to...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2. Elneny - the guy has potential to be our best passer. With the backing of Emery he can show this. Just hope Elnenys humble personality isnt the cause for him to be overlooked because he has alot more to offer than Wenger trusted him to show.

I dont think Iwobi will improve much. He lacks IQ on the pitch and its not something you can teach. Like Welbecks finishing.

Strangely enough, he trusted Lo Celso, Kimpembe and Rabiot as starters. Since he has analysed all of our players and prepared dossiers on all of our youth players. I wouldn't be surprised if he is excited by the prospect of AMN and Iwobi.

I don't think Iwobi lacks football IQ. I think he can have poor decision making in the final third because of his age. He can have inconsistent finishing due to his age also. What he does have that is very good for his age is a weight of pass and an eye for a pass. Iwobi is capable of playing balls inside the fullback and splitting a defence. In a system where we actually have a defined pattern of play, his ability to do that would be very valuable. He also hasn't been coached how to defend and that could also be something Emery would work on.

I can't think of a more exciting player on video than AMN to me if I was Emery. What would his video analysis show him? A player who can deal with 1v1 situations vs Hazard and Salah. Someone who has the pace to recover, ability to run with the ball. All he lacks is positioning and intensity which can be taught and instilled.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I want to see what he does with Xhaka, can he get the structure to hide Xhaka's glaring weaknesses?

Bellerin, he likes his full-backs to overlap constantly hopefully he reminds Bellerin that he actually has pace and that if he runs into space once in a while he may actually get some reward.

Ramsey, I wonder if he'll give him freedom to be more devastating or perhaps he'll get him to be more disciplined in a deeper role.

Top Bottom