• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

GDeep™

League is very weak
People always banging on about Özil going to Turkey with GF. Why not talk about the most assists, most chances created while he’s been in England, playing through back injuries etc.

Emery will love Özil and Özil will probably relish playing for a manager who is going to make those around him pull their weight.

Marriage made in heaven.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Think it's not just the style, nor just the trophies. Under Wenger at least, and that's all I'm old enough to have seen, we've played beautiful football that is also winning football
See I remember a time before Wenger. Winning and playing slightly more dour football isn't as bad as people make out. The year around 93/94 were great to be an Arsenal fan even if we weren't challenging in the league much we won a league and fa cup double and a cup winners cup. I was only a kid at the time but it was enjoyable, people forget that with winning and finals etc comes excitement and entertainment, naturally for foremost people. We've been lucky to have had a period between 98 and 2005 where we won a lot of trophies playing good football and I wouldn't swap that for anything.
If you asked supporters of most teams (Sp**s for example) if they would like a cup final win or to be aesthetically pleasing for a season they would all bite your hand off for the cup. The difference with man u and mourinho is they have spent an absolute fortune and still play that way. That is an absolute disgrace as far as I'm concerned and they are potless this season too.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

@celestis the confidence and maturity/intelligence he showed when he was breaking through, especially at his first start at camp nou, is enough for me to have faith in him.. Not surprised he caught the admiration of spanish coaches.. Most managers will love the skillset Iwobi has to offer, I can see Emery showing just as much faith in him as Wenger.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

@celestis the confidence and maturity/intelligence he showed when he was breaking through, especially at his first start at camp nou, is enough for me to have faith in him.. Not surprised he caught the admiration of spanish coaches.. Most managers will love the skillset Iwobi has to offer, I can see Emery showing just as much faith in him as Wenger.

"Emery's people are looking closely at Iwobi, trying to work him out..."

I hope they have better luck than us, we've been trying to work him out for ages.

Dj_sds -

The player I would compare Ramsey to is Frank Lampard. Similar type of player with his coming in late and getting goals and also notoriously difficult to put into some systems with other players (see Englands trouble with him and Gerrard but Chelsea managed with him so it can work).
He needs to be the main man imo, legend has it thats the conclusion Emery has come to as well. He's all end product, hes a goal scorer, not really an assist merchant so the key is to keep him central and get him in those positions, that and his amazing stamina to get b2b. Putting Ramsey on the wing/putting Özil on the wing its all just a symptom of bad management and acquisition of personnel by Wenger, if it was up to him he would have had a team of no10s/attacking mids. Neither of them are naturally wide players, of course they could do a job but again its been tried with Ramsey and by doing these things you just unbalance the team imo. Suspect some hard choices will have to be made as you cant accommodate all these guys and keep a decent balance.
We shall see.

Arsenal always seemed very opportunistic in the transfer window to me. Was happy we got Özil back then, later i thought it was more a burden than a blessing. We always get the left overs and not the ones we need.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
People always banging on about Özil going to Turkey with GF. Why not talk about the most assists, most chances created while he’s been in England, playing through back injuries etc.

Emery will love Özil and Özil will probably relish playing for a manager who is going to make those around him pull their weight.

Marriage made in heaven.
Özil is a great player, but where would he fit in Emery’s tactical system?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah he was as good as JW technically . Have always thought it's more off the pitch stuff that has affected Iwobi.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wondering though where this journo got his stuff from , Emery wants to improve us on attacking set pieces ? Pretty sure we are close to top of the league :lol:

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Three players that I feel are worth a mention here:

Iwobi - This lad has so much natural/raw ability that it is amazing. Very few players are built with his ability to consume space on the ball. That is such an effective trait for an attacking midfielder, particularly in this league. His problems are mental - he doesn't realise the time he has, he is overzealous, he rushes the passes and he rushes his shots. He needs to realise that he has the skillset (strength, balance, speed) to make the game beat to his drum. He will improve under a manager who points this out to him.

Xhaka - The only fault Xhaka has is that he was made to look foolish defensively in the Wenger system. This lad passes through the lines of the opposition like you wouldn't believe. His timing and pace of the pass is up there with the best I have seen at Arsenal. Given a tight knit midfield unit that masks his defensive weaknesses, whether here or elsewhere, he is going to make most of the English media look absolutely daft.

Kolasinac - This bloke is the epitome of physicality and is effective on both ends of the pitch. In a more cohesive unit, he will show the difference maker he can be on the left side as a marauding presence.

Wryer

To be honest, all I ask I for the players to return to the levels they have shown they are capable of. Or even the levels when they first joined (excluding the youths).

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Iwobi - This lad has so much natural/raw ability that it is amazing. Very few players are built with his ability to consume space on the ball. That is such an effective trait for an attacking midfielder, particularly in this league. His problems are mental - he doesn't realise the time he has, he is overzealous, he rushes the passes and he rushes his shots. He needs to realise that he has the skillset (strength, balance, speed) to make the game beat to his drum. He will improve under a manager who points this out to him.
Definitely, great shout for Iwobi. He has everything, but his composure when doing the final bit is horrific. He passes well everywhere, but in the final third, he dribbles well everywhere, he can occasionally shoot well, but his confidence is terrible. Could do bits next year

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm more interested in how he'll deal with AMN than Iwobi.

We know Emery likes to watch his videos. If he had a clip of that game against Man Utd, I'm sure he would be fapping at his performance.

Last season, AMN even threw me off. I wasn't expecting him to be that good. With some guidance from Emery and his team, AMN can become a real star here especially if he improve the other sides to his game.

Top Bottom