• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC

A quick tidbit I found on him:

"Praet was tipped for big things when he made his Belgium debut four years ago, but his progress has been more gradual than expected after leaving Anderlecht for Sampdoria in 2016.

Playing style A tireless midfield all-rounder, Praet forms part of a balanced unit for Sampdoria alongside the combative Lucas Torreira.

He is strong on the ball, eagerly jostling for possession, and has the vision to open up the opposition in the final third.

Although comfortable receiving the ball under pressure, the 23-year-old can occasionally hold on to it for too long instead of looking for an early pass.

He displays an assiduous work ethic, however, tracking back to thwart counter-attacks and showcasing his impressive stamina at both ends of the pitch.
"

I'd be happy to finally have a Belgian back in our side, but I'd think Praet's compatriot Torreira has more of the qualities that we need here. It's possible that Praet is either a Wilshere or Ramsey replacement.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would love if we signed these both players if Wilshere left and we sell Ramsey they both young and very talented. Praet got 25M euros release clause so we'll have zero problems buying him Pellegrini could cost us more.

Steps

Read title as Dimitri Payet and was intrigued. Unfamiliar with this guy. To YouTube!

Edit: Now that I have watched clips and am a fully-vetted expert he seems decent enough. Certainly good enough to be a squad player.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Never knew he dropped back into CM if this is the same hyped up LW/CAM of a few years ago.

More CMs the better.

Day 2 of Emery & all the right noises.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I remember seeing Praet play in two Europeon matches for Andelecht thinking he was their stand out player. Praet seemed to be a skillful,excellent dribble, good close control, a good burst of pace, decent crossing and was tracking back putting a shift in defensively.

Going on these two games alone I would take him over Pellegrini whom in the Roma matches I've seen he hasn't stood out.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I refuse to believe they've watched Sampdoria and come away wanting Praet instead of Torreira. That would be sheer incompetence.

Torreira only makes sense if we are planning to play a holder in midfield in a 3. You have to take the physical nature of the premier league into account. Torreira is a pure holder who doesnt run with the ball.

What is interesting is that Praet matches Torreira for every stat but excels at running with the ball.

benjamin86

Established Member
Torreira only makes sense if we are planning to play a holder in midfield in a 3. You have to take the physical nature of the premier league into account. Torreira is a pure holder who doesnt run with the ball.

What is interesting is that Praet matches Torreira for every stat but excels at running with the ball.
Similar on Whoscored but not on Squawka for some reason...

Per 90 minutes on Squawka.

Total Score: Praet- 15.15, Torreira - 30.57
Defense: Praet - 3.18, Torreira - 10.18
Interceptions: Praet - 1.41, Torreira - 2.07
Tackles won: Praet - 1.84, Torreira - 2.04

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Similar on Whoscored but not on Squawka for some reason...

Per 90 minutes on Squawka.

Total Score: Praet- 15.15, Torreira - 30.57
Defense: Praet - 3.18, Torreira - 10.18
Interceptions: Praet - 1.41, Torreira - 2.07
Tackles won: Praet - 1.84, Torreira - 2.04

Remember that Torreira holds and therefore makes more tackles.due to his position. Praet wins the ball a lot considering that he is more advanced. The take on s stat stands out also. Praet averages 2 take ons per game.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Right but how does Praet make sense, why would we target a player like him? Not only are we in more need of a holder (although tbh Torreira is more than that) than an attacking midfielder, but Torreira is a better player than Praet. In a very simple sense, I'd rather have the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom