• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

FreakySami

Nah, there was always something they poked him with.

Look at “top 4”? He got murdered for it for 10 years but today “getting top 4” isn’t something the media will bash you about.

I think when Hillwood was there, he used to try and help protect a bit Wenger because he knew of the importance media had on the team. However since he left, gazidis has done a terrible job of helping the team and Wenger with this. His lack of involvement allowed idiots to make disrespectful acts the past few session towards the club.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Top 4 is celebrated today, unless you’re Wenger.

That's one of the biggest clues out there some had it in for Wenger and/or Arsenal. When Wenger said it was tough and slowly becoming an achievement reaching top 4 consistently with the rise of Chelsea, then City, then more and more clubs coming into money, he was ridiculed as a loser trying to downplay Arsenal's shortcomings. Tottenham and Liverpool, although on seeming upward trajectories, win **** but get top 4, and suddenly the much ridiculed "top 4 trophy" becomes a thing to acknowledge. Same with the Cup. When Arsenal win it 3 out of 4 times, it's something anyone can do and the **** or 'pool failing to do so is apologized by the Cup being some sort of second tier trophy. Another club wins it it's a masterclass. ****ing bias.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That's one of the biggest clues out there some had it in for Wenger and/or Arsenal. When Wenger said it was tough and slowly becoming an achievement reaching top 4 consistently with the rise of Chelsea, then City, then more and more clubs coming into money, he was ridiculed as a loser trying to downplay Arsenal's shortcomings. Tottenham and Liverpool, although on seeming upward trajectories, win **** but get top 4, and suddenly the much ridiculed "top 4 trophy" becomes a thing to acknowledge. Same with the Cup. When Arsenal win it 3 out of 4 times, it's something anyone can do and the **** or 'pool failing to do so is apologized by the Cup being some sort of second tier trophy. Another club wins it it's a masterclass. ****ing bias.

I'm sorry I have to quote myself here, but the thing is, you don't even have to overstate things as much as english media/pundits do.

Looking at Klopp's time at Liverpool, 8th but an EL final, no cups but back in CL as 4th, then 4th again plus a CL final along their wicked attacking play is a nice enough achievement you can approve of and acknowledge, and there's enough "upwards trajectory" to recognize. But for some reason they feel like they have to magnify this stuff, make it even bigger than it actually already is. I know there's some posters on here who say Klopp is **** and underachieving, but I think it's all fair enough. But the medie make them into some kind of superclub.
Same with Spuds. Them doing good gets spun into them being just marginally off being the greatest ever english team. It's just baffling.

It's not like you have to deride these clubs or downplay what they've done in the last season. It's all good an fair and well earned - they have done some good things. And this would be the appropriate measure of applause. But they always have to put one on top for some reason, make it look grander than it is, although it's already very good.

CanadianGooner1608

These are the stupidest article I have read in a while... to paraphrase it:
Journalist: "Highbury was a no-go zone, it was all white"
- "but did you ever go?"
- "No"
- "And how old were you when you decided that?"
- " 'bout 7"

Far as i remember, Arsenal fans I met had the most diverse ethnical backgrounds. Club had an appeal to everyone, no matter their culture.
Garbage article.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
- "but did you ever go?"
- "No"
- " 'bout 7"

Far as i remember, Arsenal fans I met had the most diverse ethnical backgrounds. Club had an appeal to everyone, no matter their culture.
Garbage article
This also goes for the rest of the world. We have a massive amount of black people here who support Arsenal. All the way from here to Cairo in fact! And it is in part due to so many successful African players Wenger has had.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

- "but did you ever go?"
- "No"
- " 'bout 7"

Garbage article.

This is serious rubbish, we have always had a massive black fanbase .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Media at it again, so it wasn't anti-Wenger but anti-Arsenal. Shearer doesn't see us as top four material but does see Manu. What is he seeing in their play that the rest of the world isn't?

Top Bottom