• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sorry I don’t buy the Özil wasn’t the right buy for us

He’s won La Liga contributing the most assists in the league, he’s won the World Cup and not as a bit part player. If you can’t get a player of his pedigree to work in your team you’ve failed

I also reject he’s been a failure. Provides most assists and chances in Europe since signing but the body-language-brigade call him a failure

The way Özil can ‘improve’ is by having other players raise to his level

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Sorry I don’t buy the Özil wasn’t the right but for us

He’s won La Liga contributing the most assists in the league, he’s won the World Cup and not as a big part player. If you can’t get a player of his pedigree to work in your team you’ve failed

I also reject he’s been a failure. Provides most assists and chances in Europe since signing but the body-language-brigade call him a failure

The way Özil can ‘improve’ is by having other players raise to his level

Özil has done well for us, he brings a lot of quality and can put in world class performances from time to time (against the smaller teams) but doesn't fit in to that world class bracket in terms of his ability to consistently influence big matches on the biggest stage. Because that's what world class players do. Ala Bale yesterday.

I agree you play better with better players around you. So now with mikhi, auba, laca, I expect him to have far greater impact next season. I'll cutbhim some slack for the last couple or months because of his back injury.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Question, fellow Gooners,

Who is your tip to have a breakthrough season under Emery in 2018/19?

(Breakthrough i.e. a player who isn't/hasn't been a first team regular, so excludes Xhaka/Iwobi/AMN/Bellerin/etc)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN will definitely make a mark next season, of that I'm positive.

I think depending on how much development happens and whether we recruit wingers or not, Nelson will look a hell of a lot better than he has done this season. He's played within himself in the first team, and dialed it in at points towards the end of the U23 season (still won PL2 player of the year, but he has the capability to hurt teams when he's at his best.

Saying that. My outside bet is Xavier Amaechi. He's had a steep rise, and - again due to lack of wide players - he seems perfect for an inside winger role. He's the 2nd quickest player (apparently) at the club, a solid 1v1 dribbler and a knack for creating good chances for others and himself. I reckon if he gets one opportunity next season, he'll take it.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Reiss Nelson is the obvious choice IMO. Eddie seems like he has too much competition ahead of him to be given any significant chance to break into rhthe first team.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Wenger thinks AMN and Nketiah.. The competition infront of him might limit his chances, but hopefully he'll get more playing time than this season.

Smith-Rowe gotta get chance from those who are yet to get their debuts. Our best talent in u teams imo.

Nelson, sign that contract son, you are in for a hell of a season if you do!

Nketiah is a warrior, I have no worries that he wont take over Lacazette and Welbeck in next two seasons.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I think the most exciting for me at the moment is AMN. Gazidis mentioned him as being on Emerys radar and he seems the closest to making the jump. If he becomes a starting CM here it would be great

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the most exciting for me at the moment is AMN. Gazidis mentioned him as being on Emerys radar and he seems the closest to making the jump. If he becomes a starting CM here it would be great

Where did Gazidis mention this?

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Where did Gazidis mention this?

“Unai knows Ainsley. He’s watched him, he’s familiar with his patterns of play, his capabilities, he’s very excited about his potential and was able to talk about how excited he was to work with Ainsley, to develop him as a player. “

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
“Unai knows Ainsley. He’s watched him, he’s familiar with his patterns of play, his capabilities, he’s very excited about his potential and was able to talk about how excited he was to work with Ainsley, to develop him as a player. “

Interesting. Hopefully he throws him in.

say yes

forum master baiter
I am just curious about the players he is planning to sell first. I hope Welbeck is in that list.

Welbeck had a great season. I can understand that he's not to everyone's taste (and thus people will want him sold despite that) but he was probably the only guy in our squad who overperformed given his ability.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Some of the mistakes that Mustafi and Xhaka made over the course of a season I just can't understand how they can be fixable. Some are completely brain dead. We should cut ties with Mustafi asap.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I am also surprised at how many mistakes Monreal made this season, didn't he come 2nd in player of the year too? We need a new LB. Tierney.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom