• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyChap

Özil does score goals too maybe not as much as de Bruyne but still
Koscienly also scores goals, but that doesn't make him a regular goal threat. De Bruyne is on another level to Özil on this case.
Mesut Özil created 30 less Chances than de Bruyne this season having played 12 fewer matches, make of that what you will.
I'm not questioning his stats and never did. People are sometimes victims of statistics. They would like to think that Elneny is a great passer but when you see the game you soon realize want kind of passes he makes.

When I think more about Özil, it's not his fault that he gets so much hate, it was more down to Wenger who gave him irreplaceable status.
I just hope new manager will use him better, as I previously said, he is the best player you could find when setup is right around him but could also be completely useless when it's not (and that's where he gets all that hate).

Arsenio Venger

Well you've just crushed whatever point you were trying to make, because we do actually score enough! 74 goals last season... And when you bear in mind Özil assisted only 8 times, who are we going to point a finger at, if we're going to point a finger anywhere at all? Can't believe I'm bothering to entertain this tbh...

He had the second most chances created in the league by the middle of March. They could have scored more and won more games considering 74 goals isn’t even best in the league

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He had the second most chances created in the league by the middle of March. They could have scored more and won more games considering 74 goals isn’t even best in the league
Strikers won’t score them all. You’re ignoring his miserable stats for the season too.

Anyway, back to the original point: It’s not everybody else’s fault when it goes wrong just like it’s not everybody else’s ‘fault’ when it goes right. And how good or poor is is for Germany holds no clues to his Arsenal form, as he himself has shown repeatedly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A lot of twitter chat that he's been released and no longer says he's an Arsenal player in his twitter bio (if it ever did).

Only English player on this list (look away Özil haters):
This is a really cool infographic.

Hope we get to see a season like 15/16 Özil again. Poor guy is always up there statistically but is yet to have a season that makes the doubters shut up once and for all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Hope we get to see a season like 15/16 Özil again. Poor guy is always up there statistically but is yet to have a season that makes the doubters shut up once and for all.
Problem is that the doubters have now developed serious agendas and even with a season like that they will scrape the barrel for reasons to show he isn't good enough.,

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Problem is that the doubters have now developed serious agendas and even with a season like that they will scrape the barrel for reasons to show he isn't good enough.,
Honestly so sick of explaining why Özil is good to the average fan.

Boils down to three things for me.
1. He’s shown how good he can be at Madrid and there’s no way he’s a worse player now.
2. Regardless of his final numbers (goals and assists) he’s always at the top of the underlying stat lists like the one we just saw. These stats aren’t tailored to suit him, he always ranks in the top 5 or so when compared to the best players in the world.
3. He’s only had one season 15/16 during which our midfield gave him the supply he needs. During that season he was arguably the best player in the league and was going to smash Henry’s assist record until Cazorla got injured and said supply line disappeared.

The doubters never want to accept the three, especially in combination because it shows that he is a top player. Unfortunately our collective performances as a side have tarnished his name, I hope Emery can do better with us and him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He played his best football at Arsenal this season imo. He may have got the assists in 15/16, but his best wasn't that great. Someone puts a few of his half chances in the net and people think he was incredible. Only 8 assists this season but seeing him peak the way he did gives me more hope for his Arsenal future than 17 or 18 assists or whatever it was.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Greatest player of Emirates era, probably all time at Arsenal!

You can revise history all you want mate - we all know who the greatest player of all time at Arsenal was - KK

Although a back injury was discovered during his medical, it was decided Källström would still join. Källström made his debut for Arsenal on 25 March against Swansea City in the Premier League as a 79th minute as a substitute for Tomáš Rosický. His next appearance came two weeks later in the FA Cup semi-finals against Wigan Athletic. Introduced as an extra-time substitute, he scored Arsenal's second spot kick in their 4–2 penalty shoot-out win. Källström has described this moment as "the greatest 15 minutes of my life." Three days later, he made his first start for Arsenal in a 3–1 victory against West Ham United. After making four appearance in all competitions, it was announced that Källström would not return to Arsenal once his loan spell with them expired at the end of the season. Despite only making four appearances, Källström says he enjoyed his time at Arsenal.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You can revise history all you want mate - we all know who the greatest player of all time at Arsenal was - KK

Although a back injury was discovered during his medical, it was decided Källström would still join. Källström made his debut for Arsenal on 25 March against Swansea City in the Premier League as a 79th minute as a substitute for Tomáš Rosický. His next appearance came two weeks later in the FA Cup semi-finals against Wigan Athletic. Introduced as an extra-time substitute, he scored Arsenal's second spot kick in their 4–2 penalty shoot-out win. Källström has described this moment as "the greatest 15 minutes of my life." Three days later, he made his first start for Arsenal in a 3–1 victory against West Ham United. After making four appearance in all competitions, it was announced that Källström would not return to Arsenal once his loan spell with them expired at the end of the season. Despite only making four appearances, Källström says he enjoyed his time at Arsenal.
Exactly my point, so many options here:lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Honestly so sick of explaining why Özil is good to the average fan.

Boils down to three things for me.
1. He’s shown how good he can be at Madrid and there’s no way he’s a worse player now.
2. Regardless of his final numbers (goals and assists) he’s always at the top of the underlying stat lists like the one we just saw. These stats aren’t tailored to suit him, he always ranks in the top 5 or so when compared to the best players in the world.
3. He’s only had one season 15/16 during which our midfield gave him the supply he needs. During that season he was arguably the best player in the league and was going to smash Henry’s assist record until Cazorla got injured and said supply line disappeared.

The doubters never want to accept the three, especially in combination because it shows that he is a top player. Unfortunately our collective performances as a side have tarnished his name, I hope Emery can do better with us and him.
That just says to me he played brilliantly at Madrid and has had one decent season for us since he signed. Forgive me for not fawning over that especially the Madrid comment because that means sweet fa in relation to his performance with us

The talent and ability are there the consistency certainly isn't there and in my opinion the desire and mental strength to be a great isn't there.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That just says to me he played brilliantly at Madrid and has had one decent season for us since he signed. Forgive me for not fawning over that especially the Madrid comment because that means sweet fa in relation to his performance with us

The talent and ability are there the consistency certainly isn't there and in my opinion the desire and mental strength to be a great isn't there.
The fact that the consistency was there for Madrid for a whole three years is key.

The fact that he was consistent for us when we had a decent midfield behind him is even more key.

That’s why I bring up Madrid and 15/16 because they were times when he was in a team that worked. That’s why I say his rep has been tarnished, what other top player out there has had to ‘deal with’ what Özil has? Of his four years here this side has been set up to make the most of his talents for about 25% of that time. Özil like many Arsenal players have been set up to fail.

Due to the high wages and high profile signing he was he’s always been expected to transcend Wenger’s subpar management. I don’t think that’s fair, in fact, being the type of player he is I think he has suffered more than the average player.

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The fact that the consistency was there for Madrid for a whole three years is key.

The fact that he was consistent for us when we had a decent midfield behind him is even more key.

That’s why I bring up Madrid and 15/16 because they were times when he was in a team that worked. That’s why I say his rep has been tarnished, what other top player out there has had to ‘deal with’ what Özil has? Of his four years here this side has been set up to make the most of his talents for about 25% of that time. Özil like many Arsenal players have been set up to fail.

Due to the high wages and high profile signing he was he’s always been expected to transcend Wenger’s subpar management. I don’t think that’s fair, in fact, being the type of player he is I think he has suffered more than the average player.
What would you say about Shevchenko legend at Milan and a flop at Chelsea. Or Alexis great with us and a flop at United. Or Di Maria great at Madrid and a flop at United. It's not fair to equate what was done previously with what they do now.

I think Özil has had some great moments but then I know his head went after missing a penalty against Bayern and after Bayern tanked us his head wasn't in it. That's not down to team mates that's him as an individual. And why I've said he has the talent but lacks the strength and consistency to be considered great. Great players shine through regardless of how poor the team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom