• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 18

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah he's better in game than he was IRL lol. Yeah the chem is kind of weird and annoying but the one positive is that if you're using only one federation you can play wide players centrally on 8 chem. So if you wanted to play Neymar at CAM without switching in game you could have him at 8 chem.

This I did not know!

Perfect, now I actually have a use for some of the wingers I have, whats your team?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This I did not know!

Perfect, now I actually have a use for some of the wingers I have, whats your team?
Right now I'm running a 4321:
Lineker
Neymar Costa
Koke Paulinho Kondogbia
Alba Ramos Kimpembe Walker
De Gea​

Bench:
Rui Costa, Werner, Mbappe, Thiago Silva, Willian, Lukaku, Khedira
Then I've got like 16 pages worth of decent reserves and quite a few pages in the duplicate pile. The highest rated bench players off the top of my head are Özil, Mueller, Miranda, Benatia, Lloris, Navas, Isco, Godin and Kimmich.

So I'm thinking I should be in really nice shape once the SBCs come out since I can make several high rated, high chem teams to trade in.

What's your team mate?

Also one more tip, slower players are way more viable in WC FUT than regular FUT. You can use guys like Kroos, Casemiro, and Javi Martinez to great effect without being totally destroyed by pace. Kondogbia is performing like an Icon for me in the center of midfield.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Right now I'm running a 4321:
Lineker
Neymar Costa
Koke Paulinho Kondogbia
Alba Ramos Kimpembe Walker
De Gea​

Bench:
Rui Costa, Werner, Mbappe, Thiago Silva, Willian, Lukaku, Khedira
Then I've got like 16 pages worth of decent reserves and quite a few pages in the duplicate pile. The highest rated bench players off the top of my head are Özil, Mueller, Miranda, Benatia, Lloris, Navas, Isco, Godin and Kimmich.

So I'm thinking I should be in really nice shape once the SBCs come out since I can make several high rated, high chem teams to trade in.

What's your team mate?

Also one more tip, slower players are way more viable in WC FUT than regular FUT. You can use guys like Kroos, Casemiro, and Javi Martinez to great effect without being totally destroyed by pace. Kondogbia is performing like an Icon for me in the center of midfield.

GK: De Gea/Ter Stegen
LB: R.Rodriguez/Filipe Luis
CB: Ramos/Koscielny
CB: Boateng/Pique
RB: Pisczek/D.Alves
CDM: Busquets
CDM: Iniesta
CAM: Eriksen
CAM: Hazard
CAM: Koke
ST: Linekar/Kane

Bench: Thiago Silva, Willian, Carvalho, Fabinho, Özil, Giroud

Then a load of players I'm not really keen on, Özil I cannot stand on Fifa.

My team is difficult at the moment, the first eleven works but the depth sucks due to the confederations/formation; when they get tired it becomes a bit of a headache so trying to stick to Europe right now.

Your squad is good, I find most people I come up against have a decent team, got to the knockouts last night which I need to continue.

Hope they carry this gameplay over to normal FUT next year, but the WC games always seem to be one offs with the gameplay.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
GK: De Gea/Ter Stegen
LB: R.Rodriguez/Filipe Luis
CB: Ramos/Koscielny
CB: Boateng/Pique
RB: Pisczek/D.Alves
CDM: Busquets
CDM: Iniesta
CAM: Eriksen
CAM: Hazard
CAM: Koke
ST: Linekar/Kane

Bench: Thiago Silva, Willian, Carvalho, Fabinho, Özil, Giroud

Then a load of players I'm not really keen on, Özil I cannot stand on Fifa.

My team is difficult at the moment, the first eleven works but the depth sucks due to the confederations/formation; when they get tired it becomes a bit of a headache so trying to stick to Europe right now.

Your squad is good, I find most people I come up against have a decent team, got to the knockouts last night which I need to continue.

Hope they carry this gameplay over to normal FUT next year, but the WC games always seem to be one offs with the gameplay.
Nice squad as well. Yeah you just have to get a bit creative if you want to make a hybrid XI. Yeah I just got into the quarter final, everyone has good squads but nobody has a team full of icons to where you can't compete with a regular squad. Maybe it's just a function of the players being slower and better proportioned to the engine but this mode just plays a lot better so it's both more fun and more competitive than regular FUT. You're right though, I think this is the last we'll be seeing of this gameplay. It will be back regular FUT gameplay for 19. Oh and regarding Özil, have you tried him? Apparently he's another one who has benefitted from this more measured gameplay. I'll probably give him a go later on tonight.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Nice squad as well. Yeah you just have to get a bit creative if you want to make a hybrid XI. Yeah I just got into the quarter final, everyone has good squads but nobody has a team full of icons to where you can't compete with a regular squad. Maybe it's just a function of the players being slower and better proportioned to the engine but this mode just plays a lot better so it's both more fun and more competitive than regular FUT. You're right though, I think this is the last we'll be seeing of this gameplay. It will be back regular FUT gameplay for 19. Oh and regarding Özil, have you tried him? Apparently he's another one who has benefitted from this more measured gameplay. I'll probably give him a go later on tonight.

Yeah tried Özil a few times, garbage for me. Even his passing seemed way off and im talking over 10yds he would mess it up, could be his 2* weak foot.

They need to make some gameplay changes for 2019, so heres hoping!

Oh_Snap

are there acutally carreer-mode changes from 17 to 18? still playing 17 and there's some nasty stuff going on: my youth player (90!!) decided at the end of the transfer window he wanted out asap. was always happy before. bayern came around with a 115 mio € offer, i wanted 125. in comes the board, say "we take it from here" and i cant negotiate anything anymore. they end up selling the guy for 69 mio € to man city, not even his market value. also there are players that get homesick and want out but choose to go to a club in the same country and stuff like that. did they fix that?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
are there acutally carreer-mode changes from 17 to 18? still playing 17 and there's some nasty stuff going on: my youth player (90!!) decided at the end of the transfer window he wanted out asap. was always happy before. bayern came around with a 115 mio € offer, i wanted 125. in comes the board, say "we take it from here" and i cant negotiate anything anymore. they end up selling the guy for 69 mio € to man city, not even his market value. also there are players that get homesick and want out but choose to go to a club in the same country and stuff like that. did they fix that?
Would love an answer to this because I am debating getting it too but these things aggravate me.

Bergkamp1988

I see you guys have been talking about the gameplay.

FUT is so frustrating. The concept is fantastic but the gameplay is disastrous.
Very arcady to say the least.

The more fun I've had playing Fifa is when playing normal seasons with 3*, 3.5* teams. No OP players, no unrealisticly overwhelming pressure, the gameplay feels slower therefore more like a simulation rather than arcade.
The best player wins most of the time.
FUT is mayhem, too capricious. Not to go into the scripting conspiracy, but sometimes, you really do feel the momentum is against you. Especially after you've been on a good 5 game winning streak. Buckle up and get ready for the next 5 games to be a real s**t show!!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Would love an answer to this because I am debating getting it too but these things aggravate me.

The career mode isnt great in my opinion, the stuff they've added like the transfer negotiations are just a gimmick which gets quite annoying very quickly.

I cant say I've gone through multiple seasons (too boring) but you do still get some weird b.s from your players who just decide to be dicks and that also applies to the board, if I remember correctly the objectives the board set out can bd pretty dumb where you could have them riding your tail over things which are completely out of your control.

The gameplay against the AI is what gets me though, they still play like ******, you will eventually get used to how they play and it becomes easy however; if and when the AI feels its their turn to score there is pretty much no way you can stop it, *insert **** player* will just bang one from 30yrds..

Fifa 18 as a package is worth the entry price, career mode is not worth the time/effort in my opinion.

Oh_Snap

Fifa 18 as a package is worth the entry price, career mode is not worth the time/effort in my opinion.

I second this. Just finished my first season with the gunners. Mesut etc. are on Worldcup (i dont "manage" those) and he has that little globe-symbol so i cant use him in the preparation tournament.

Nevertheless he writes me "that he heard the bad news" and begs me to "get back into the starting 11".

Transfers are annoying as f*ck. System is good (release clause, entry bonus etc. now all added) but those stupid animations .. noone needs that.

Tip: Goretzkas contract at Schalke runs out after the season, you can get him for free. Has a whooping 85 and i guess he'll improve too so u can sell some Midfielders.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
bullshite Creer mode.

I had a cousins PS4 and played the **** out of Career mode, first as Iwobi, then as Reiss and finally as Vlad.

my observations:

1. you can only play as CAM/ST, otherwise your dumb teammates will fcuk up everything. Wingers are fine, but too often we will just end up stranded on the wing.

2. need to maintain your position brutally, othersie your rating will dip alarmingly. if you lost the ball, then find a way to teleport to your position or else the game deducts your points.

3. manager expects me (19 y.o) to maintain a 9.0 average rating in matches against ManUre and Chelski.

4. Manager hasnt changed in 4 seasons.

5. Game regularly picks Da Silva over Özil, and El Nenny over Ramsey.

All in all, a royal fcuk up. I'll continue to play the **** out of it, but I'm going back to PES as soon as I can.

PES Pro mode (Career mode) is nautical miles ahead.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Spent the last couple of hours playing that weekend league mode in ultimate team, any of you play it? I won quite a few games on the bounce before it all came crashing down :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Spent the last couple of hours playing that weekend league mode in ultimate team, any of you play it? I won quite a few games on the bounce before it all came crashing down :lol:

Yep, last years and it is awful!

Not only is it hugely time consuming to get anything good but the mode is full of try hards.

Its also very strange how you win a few then immediately lose a load, everytime I played it I finish the same place like its pre planned.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I believe the first 5 games are completely random match-ups & then full matchmaking kicks in after 10 games.

Game 10-20 for me is always a nightmare as ranked higher than my actual ability.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I believe the first 5 games are completely random match-ups & then full matchmaking kicks in after 10 games.

Game 10-20 for me is always a nightmare as ranked higher than my actual ability.

No idea how it works, might all be coincedence but the games seem to play out rather strangely, same pattern each time I played it; put a win streak together for 8+, lose about 5-6, win 1 lose 1 until its done and finish gold.

Gave up with it when realised its not exactly fun and the decent rewards take up too much time.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yeah, the first five or six games were a mixture of really good and really bad opponents. All had really good teams with the main icons and the new blue cards. Once I hit the 7th game the opponents got very tough. No way could I play 40 over a weekend but flair play to those that manage it.

BobP

Memri Fan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad to hear career mode hasn't changed much.

This stuff has been happening since FIFA 2013.

I once offered Santos Gervinho + a bit of cash for Neymar and they accepted.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, the first five or six games were a mixture of really good and really bad opponents. All had really good teams with the main icons and the new blue cards. Once I hit the 7th game the opponents got very tough. No way could I play 40 over a weekend but flair play to those that manage it.

Its truly painful, I've done it twice possibly three times since the mode was created when my daughter was born (had to literally sit in the same spot all day while they sleep 23hrs on top of you).

You feel truly dirty and quite strange after, its far too much fifa, I think on one of the days I played about 20 games then 10 + 10 to do the 40.

Oh the rewards.. was it worth it.. nah!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Its truly painful, I've done it twice possibly three times since the mode was created when my daughter was born (had to literally sit in the same spot all day while they sleep 23hrs on top of you).

You feel truly dirty and quite strange after, its far too much fifa, I think on one of the days I played about 20 games then 10 + 10 to do the 40.

Oh the rewards.. was it worth it.. nah!

Ouch! I bet your head was frazzled after 20 games straight :lol:

I'm guessing rewards follow on from the trend of getting rubbish whenever you use coins or money to buy packs?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom