• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

every little thing

In july 2014 during the world cup, Wenger was at a beach before signed alexis sanchez :cool:

wenger5.jpg

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

This is weird though.
Especially if we're after Soyuncu like it was reported.

To raise funds we should sell Mustafi Chambers Welbeck and Iwobi.
I don't know if we'd be in trouble with the HG rule though.

If we can get £20M for Chambers + £15M for Welbeck (he's going to be a free agent next year) + £15/20M for Iwobi + £15/20M for Mustafi it'd be great.

If Leno and Torreira get done, I think we still need more one CB and a winger.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is weird though.
Especially if we're after Soyuncu like it was reported.

To raise funds we should sell Mustafi Chambers Welbeck and Iwobi.
I don't know if we'd be in trouble with the HG rule though.

If we can get £20M for Chambers + £15M for Welbeck (he's going to be a free agent next year) + £15/20M for Iwobi + £15/20M for Mustafi it'd be great.

If Leno and Torreira get done, I think we still need more one CB and a winger.

We wouldn't be in trouble but it leaves the squad quite thin. You can safely assume one of Ospina or Cech will be gone after the Leno arrival. Or maybe even both with Martinez as backup.

Any manager with a brain would ditch Ospina and Cech now. Have Leno with Martinez as backup, instantly frees up one non HG spot and covers a HG one. Koscielny will always be included in the 25 man squad.

Leno, Martinez*
Lichsteiner, Bellerin*
Sokratis, Chambers* (Mavropanos)
Mustafi, Soyuncu, Koscielny
Monreal, Kolasinac
Xhaka, Elneny (AMN)
Ramsey*, Torreira
Mkhitaryan, Özil
Iwobi*, Welbeck*
Aubameyang, Lacazette, Perez

There's a lot of room, especially if we sell Perez on top of Ospina/Cech, for more foreign signings. The lack of true wide man every time I look at the squad distresses me :lol:

Leno, Lich, Sokratis, Torreira another CB another CM and a winger. 7 signings in one summer, lets go:D

TornadoTed

Established Member
I thought the rule was that you had to have no more than 17 non-home grown players rather than having to have 8 home grown players.

Couldn't you in theory have 17 French senior players, 8 French under 21 players and have a 25 man squad that complies with the home grown rule!

There is so much conflicting info on this online it would be good if someone who really knows could give a definitive answer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Starting to think we are going to need another midfielder with Wilshere going, especially as it seems like we’re going with a midfield 3. Elneny can backup Torreira and AMN for Elneny but we don’t really have anyone to sub in for Ramsey. The Banega links seem like bollocks it would be a good option.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Starting to think we are going to need another midfielder with Wilshere going, especially as it seems like we’re going with a midfield 3. Elneny can backup Torreira and AMN for Elneny but we don’t really have anyone to sub in for Ramsey. The Banega links seem like bollocks it would be a good option.
Golovin

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we going with 3 midfield then going for another midfield make sense but even if we don't buy won't be big problem because Iwobi is capable of playing there too I don't we can spend 20-30M for a mid to be backup for Ramsey Xhaka and Torreira

Swallow

I thought the rule was that you had to have no more than 17 non-home grown players rather than having to have 8 home grown players.

Couldn't you in theory have 17 French senior players, 8 French under 21 players and have a 25 man squad that complies with the home grown rule!

There is so much conflicting info on this online it would be good if someone who really knows could give a definitive answer.
You are absolutely right. Under the home grown rule, teams are not obliged to register home grown players, they are rather restricted to 17 senior foreign players. So you can have a squad of 25 home grown players for instance.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You are absolutely right. Under the home grown rule, teams are not obliged to register home grown players, they are rather restricted to 17 senior foreign players. So you can have a squad of 25 home grown players for instance.

I thought that was the case. 8 home grown players are only required if you want 25 senior players.

The whole rule is a farse.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our teams going to look so so so different next season and even more different the season after. Its very exciting, making incredibly astute buys, adding to a wealth of attacking talent.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we going with 3 midfield then going for another midfield make sense but even if we don't buy won't be big problem because Iwobi is capable of playing there too I don't we can spend 20-30M for a mid to be backup for Ramsey Xhaka and Torreira

I guess Mhki can also play that role if required. Having said that if a player like Golovin is available for 25m we should be all over it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I guess Mhki can also play that role if required. Having said that if a player like Golovin is available for 25m we should be all over it.
Yes but Golovin won't start ahead of Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey we'll need to get someone who won't cost so much decent player and accept to be squad player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes but Golovin won't start ahead of Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey we'll need to get someone who won't cost so much decent player and accept to be squad player.

Was thinking this. Banega has good experience and would be great backup for that midfield three something we're really lacking. Cannot go wrong for £10M.

Golovin would have to be a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom