• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If we get Banega and maybe another defender depending on outgoings would be great business. Defence and midfield would be fixed and rather we go all out next summer on another big attacking signing rather than settle for one just for the sake of it.

Have plenty of wing options as it is who all offer something different with Auba, Özil, Mkhi, Welbeck, Iwobi and Nelson.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd be very impressed with the addition of Benega.

Gives us a proper option at the base of midfield, and enough time for someone like Maitland-Niles to mature and take over the role.

Most importantly, it gives us a better chance at a better unit altogether, who can compete for a place in the top four, and, or the Europa League title.

Banega, Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, AMN...that's not a bad set of midfielders by any means, should certainly be good enough for a long season of league, cups and Europe.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If we get Banega and maybe another defender depending on outgoings would be great business. Defence and midfield would be fixed and rather we go all out next summer on another big attacking signing rather than settle for one just for the sake of it.

Have plenty of wing options as it is who all offer something different with Auba, Özil, Mkhi, Welbeck, Iwobi and Nelson.

You've basically got strikers and CAMs listed there.

Sell Welbeck, Perez, and Campbell. Then purchase a real winger, i.e. one who can dribble, draw fouls, and beat a player one-on-one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
8 from 10 summer when Torreira is Confirmed. 10 from 10 if we managed to get winger and a another defender

gunnergoa

if the signing of Leno is true and we add Toreiara to it with Benega add to it the fact that we already have bought Sokratis and Liechsteiner then I feel pretty good of this season even if we sign winger or another set or not.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
if the signing of Leno is true and we add Toreiara to it with Benega add to it the fact that we already have bought Sokratis and Liechsteiner then I feel pretty good of this season even if we sign winger or another set or not.
It's true. Arsenal have confirmed it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Only way signing Banega makes sense to me is if Ramsey or Elneny is on the way out. We already have 4 first-team options at CM and AMN as well, which is enough for even a 3-man midfield.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It will be interesting to see if any serious links to CMs pop up. By all accounts Emery wanted to keep Jack he just couldn't guarantee him playing time. That would suggest he sees room for another midfielder.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Only way signing Banega makes sense to me is if Ramsey or Elneny is on the way out. We already have 4 first-team options at CM and AMN as well, which is enough for even a 3-man midfield.
Plus Iwobi can play there too i prefer us to buy winger because we lack one plus a young CB if we sell or loan 1 of Chambers or Holding

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Our CM is low key pretty **** on the ball & especially with the pressure that comes vs top five.

No idea if Banega is true answer but have to think Emery has not finished.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Our CM is low key pretty **** on the ball & especially with the pressure that comes vs top five.

No idea if Banega is true answer but have to think Emery has not finished.

I agree.
We had by far the worst midfield in the top 6 with Chelsea since Matic left (and Kanté is a world class player which we don't have). I'm not sure Torreira by himself is going to fix our issues.

It was terrible away from home, especially under pressure.

Banega is needed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Isn't the old saying to have two players for every position? Six midfielders for three positions should be fine then.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Plus Iwobi can play there too i prefer us to buy winger because we lack one plus a young CB if we sell or loan 1 of Chambers or Holding

Iwobi's not a midfielder though. "Iwobi and Mkhitaryan can play there" is a Wenger approach to forming a midfield. Throw an attacking midfielder in midfield and hope for the best. If we played with a genuine no.10 i could see that working but when you're playing three midfielders i don't think those two are serious options.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Iwobi's not a midfielder though. "Iwobi and Mkhitaryan can play there" is a Wenger approach to forming a midfield. Throw an attacking midfielder in midfield and hope for the best. If we played with a genuine no.10 i could see that working but when you're playing three midfielders i don't think those two are serious options.
I'm saying that because we don't have big budget to strength but if we have enough and Banega is available for 10-15M then we should add him to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom