• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martinez: The Best Backup Backup Keeper in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Told you.
It wasn't actually a pen though as we saw through the replays, Martinez didn't touch Townsend until he was already sprawled on the floor, the diving c*nt. He made the wrong decision coming for the ball though.

Overall he had a solid game I thought, his distribution was good (only trouble was CP's players were mostly bigger than ours so they'd often win the balls) and he made several good saves. Not at fault for any of the goals bar the pen I guess.

He needed a loan after so long as a part-time bench player.

I like what I've seen from Martinez, and with Cech entering the twilight of his career and Ospina not certain to remain at Arsenal long-term, opportunities abound if he performs.

That said, a loan is oft a death-knell for an Arsenal career.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully this mean Cech gets PL & CL... Ospina the domestic cups (if we really have to play the guy).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think he's a better fit for PL than Ospina. Should have moved on Ospina this summer.
My mate is a Wolves fan who has a soft spot for Arsenal and attends all the Wolves home games, says Martinez was far from convincing when on loan there.

arsmile

Established Member
does that leave us short without a 3rd senior GK at the club?...let's get jens to register again

Mraven

Will be interesting to see what happens with our young keepers under the new regime. Although Martinez haven’t had the most impressive loans, he was decent whenever called upon as 3rd choice here. Remember Wenger spoke about his good attitude and professionalism

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Will be interesting to see what happens with our young keepers under the new regime. Although Martinez haven’t had the most impressive loans, he was decent whenever called upon as 3rd choice here. Remember Wenger spoke about his good attitude and professionalism

He doesn't strike you as a confident keeper. Maybe the lack of first team opportunities, but he had some poor displays, notably conceding 5 against mighty Reading :)

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He doesn't strike you as a confident keeper. Maybe the lack of first team opportunities, but he had some poor displays, notably conceding 5 against mighty Reading :)
He was really poor in that game, directly at fault for at least two of those goals

Stannis

I don’t know what gonna happen to him unless he is content to play as a number 3 for the rest of his career. I think he has the ability to at least be a solid number 2, but he needs a loan where he actually does play

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Perhaps the club will look to get him out on loan again if unable to shift both Cech and Ospinaaa. Assume both will be gone by next summer so have him take up the number 2 spot then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom