• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
More people should actually analyse that game, because if they did and didn’t get lost in nostalgia, they’d see that he’s had many games as good as that, just not against Barcelona.
Must be why all those big clubs are after him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Jack was the best player many times last season. Its amazing how lazy so many analyses are.
I wouldn't say many times. The first 8-9 games he played for us last season showed some nice flashes and he was definitely our best player in a few of them but after that he was pretty woeful. He had more bad games than good ones and ultimately the good ones were not good enough to outweigh the greater quantity of bad to indifferent ones.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I think Jack leaving is the right decision for everybody. Even if he ends up blossoming elsewhere, it doesn't mean it would've ever happened here. Sometimes change of scenery is needed.

I just hope he goes outside England. First of all, I think it would be good for him. I could definitely see him doing very well in Spain or Germany. Secondly, I don't want to see him in another team in England. Kinda feels wrong, even though I've been a vocal promoter of selling him for quite awhile now.

Best of luck, Jack!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said my thanks and goodbyes to Jack several pages back so I'm going to leave this thread with one final post. Yes its that goal! I picked this video as it shows the entire build up with Jack just outside our area with the ball. Stunning team goal and a great way to remember our Jack!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Jack was poor for the majority of games that he played from Christmas onwards until the atletico tie and Burnley home game. Not sure where this idea that he was our player of the season is coming from.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just Özil, Ramsey, Koscielny, Monreal & Jenkinson remain from that whole squad!

arsenal-2013-14-fa-cup-winners-136390265186102601-140517204420.jpg

Relic

I said my thanks and goodbyes to Jack several pages back so I'm going to leave this thread with one final post. Yes its that goal! I picked this video as it shows the entire build up with Jack just outside our area with the ball. Stunning team goal and a great way to remember our Jack!

:(

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That seems a crazy turnover in such a short space of time.
Wonder how it compares to other clubs after four seasons have passed.

City has Aguero, Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho left from their team that won the Premier League that season. Well, technically Joe Hart as well, but he hasn't actually played for them in two years.

WhatAFC

Must be why all those big clubs are after him.
The reason big clubs aren’t seen to be after him has nothing to do with ability and everything to do with an awful injury record. Every big team ideally has a settled CB 2 & settled CM 2/3. Jack cannot at the moment be counted on to be fit for an entire season, or at least the majority of it.

The reason everyone goes back to the Barca game is because they were one of the greatest ever club sides in history and he was outstanding against arguably the worlds best midfield. Hard to really get much better than that performance.

WhatAFC

That goal is just insane football

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That’s harsh bud.
Harsh but I feel fair. He could have made the decision to stay at the club he loved and force his way back into the managers plans. But he decided to opt against that. Was he not up for the fight or not up for the pay cut that was going to follow?

Either way he came up against an obstacle and he decided to take the easy option.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The reason big clubs aren’t seen to be after him has nothing to do with ability and everything to do with an awful injury record. Every big team ideally has a settled CB 2 & settled CM 2/3. Jack cannot at the moment be counted on to be fit for an entire season, or at least the majority of it.

The reason everyone goes back to the Barca game is because they were one of the greatest ever club sides in history and he was outstanding against arguably the worlds best midfield. Hard to really get much better than that performance.
Seen Fraser Forster have a truly outstanding game against Barcelona, their media called him the yellow wall. I'm more interested in consistency and truth is Jack has been inconsistent for the last two seasons with us and Bournemouth.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Except we have played good sides between then and now and he was not a stand out performer by any means. Also, your first bit highlights why BIG clubs don;t want him. So either you think we're a small club or you don't ever want us to be a big club by acting like a charity.

WhatAFC

Seen Fraser Forster have a truly outstanding game against Barcelona, their media called him the yellow wall. I'm more interested in consistency and truth is Jack has been inconsistent for the last two seasons with us and Bournemouth.
What has Fraser Forster got to do with anything?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Extremely poor logic. You need to go back to school.
Pray do tell why a game 8 years ago is being used to highlight the players strengths when we had virtually a full season of him more recently. Judging by your logic in most threads you need a new sport and school won't do a thing to assist you there.

Also love the fact that whenever someone disagrees with you, instead of telling them why, you just hurl insults. Poverty posting, lad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom