• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Just bought Titanfall 2 for PS4 for $10 off Amazon. I'm loving it so far.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Fight Night Champion has just gone backwards compatible on Xbox One!!! :bounce:

Been waiting years for this!

I cannot explain how happy I am about this, I've been making do with EA's UFC games for years now, praise the gaming gods its a good day, dont even care its 7yrs old!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I cannot explain how happy I am about this, I've been making do with EA's UFC games for years now, praise the gaming gods its a good day, dont even care its 7yrs old!
Loved that game. Probably the best boxing game ever made and a really compelling story mode as well. This is good news indeed.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Great game. The last fight in the career mode was a bunch of BS though. Tried to do the Rocky thing but gameplay wise it was just awful, having to dodge a guy for almost two rounds and punishing you for trying to do anything else.

Other than that it was great. Had the benefit of not having to worry about the striking/grappling dynamic, allowing them to focus 100% on the striking and movement.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Great game. The last fight in the career mode was a bunch of BS though. Tried to do the Rocky thing but gameplay wise it was just awful, having to dodge a guy for almost two rounds and punishing you for trying to do anything else.

Other than that it was great. Had the benefit of not having to worry about the striking/grappling dynamic, allowing them to focus 100% on the striking and movement.

Isaac Frost :lol:, went through that fight again a week ago, its a lot more than 2, I think I spent 7 or 8 rounds just circling, 2 rounds are spent protecting a cut, 3 round are spent body shots only til you hit 150 its pretty much a waste of time, you have to hit and run, cannot engage with him at all or you will be put down.

They definitely messed up the whole mode with that fight, however its not the only one, roughly the 3-4 fights leading up to Frost are the same, 'cant use your right hand', 'no body shots' etc etc, why they thought it would be a good idea to handicap you I dont know, especially in a boxing game only being able to use one hand or only to the head pretty much limits all your options down to one and half of that time is trying to break the AI's block.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Loved that game. Probably the best boxing game ever made and a really compelling story mode as well. This is good news indeed.

Crazy thing about it is the graphics hold the test of time, seven years old and still better than some current game graphics.

Plenty of modes too, aswell as an online community with similar players online numbers as UFC 3!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I have this tendancy to play a game for a couple of days/weeks and if I don't play for a while regardless of if I have beaten it I just don't ever pick it up again
haven't finished farcry or ghost recon even thou I played them alot a while back, same has happened with ALL the assasins creed games, oblivion/skyrim and several others to

only game that I still play occasionally (apart from playing with a mate) is mount and blade, hope nr2 comes out anytime soon

Do they still do games like transport tycoon and roller coaster tycoon! Saw they were doing a new version of Theme Hostpital, City Skyline has taken over from Sim City I have seen but I've yet to find time to try it out!

How to people rate City Skylines compared to Sim City?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Do they still do games like transport tycoon and roller coaster tycoon! Saw they were doing a new version of Theme Hostpital, City Skyline has taken over from Sim City I have seen but I've yet to find time to try it out!

City Skylines is ok, nothing really exciting, depends how much you are into these types of games, every now and then I will give one a go when they are free or cheap, usually get one playthrough out of them, repetition is very low.

Also I wouldnt say these games have moved that far in terms of progress or innovative in any way, on xbox I think City Skylines is free in the catalogue thing.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
City Skylines is ok, nothing really exciting, depends how much you are into these types of games, every now and then I will give one a go when they are free or cheap, usually get one playthrough out of them, repetition is very low.
Definitely depends on your interest, I find the extra features in Skylines even more annoying than some of the extra weird features they added in Simcity over the years.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Definitely depends on your interest, I find the extra features in Skylines even more annoying than some of the extra weird features they added in Simcity over the years.

Would also like to add that as years have gone by you would think things like services would be a lot more easier to manage; Water and Electricity for your city in this game is a complete pain in the ass, I get realistically its probably ok, but having to build power lines etc which avoid others is annoying.

Same applies with traffic, its just a boring feature to manage, also everyones house seems to catch fire all the effin time, I ended up putting fire stations on every street which would then get stuck in TRAFFIC!

The more I think about it the more boring I find this game, once you've built your city there is literally nothing to do apart from get annoyed that you messed up a street or something and cos its then so heavily populated making the road wider is also a pain in the ass..

Yeeeeeah.. I change my mind.. dont bother with this game :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There is Sim City 5(?), Tropico, Anno and Cities: Skylines. There are other games too, like FrostPunk, Banished which are kind of city survival games.

Have a look at a youtuber named ChristopherOdd, who plays all these games and you can decide.

Simcity: It's a much more pure simulation, with emphasis on building the city and policies rather than just plain managing resources and traffic. But it is very unpolished. Needs a big makeover to become relevant.

Cities Skylines: This is the most complete out of all the SC clones. Mods take it levels above anything else on the market. I can sink days into it trying to design my city, or just let everything evolve gradually by making a small town and going from there.

But it turns into Traffic Management sim after a few years.

Tropico: Most fun out of all these. Very light hearted simulation but the most fun.

Anno: Devolves into a Resource Management sim, and gets boring very fast.

Frostpunk: Definitely unique game, which emphasises survival with little resources and snow all around.

Would also like to add that as years have gone by you would think things like services would be a lot more easier to manage; Water and Electricity for your city in this game is a complete pain in the ass, I get realistically its probably ok, but having to build power lines etc which avoid others is annoying.

Same applies with traffic, its just a boring feature to manage, also everyones house seems to catch fire all the effin time, I ended up putting fire stations on every street which would then get stuck in TRAFFIC!

The more I think about it the more boring I find this game, once you've built your city there is literally nothing to do apart from get annoyed that you messed up a street or something and cos its then so heavily populated making the road wider is also a pain in the ass..

Yeeeeeah.. I change my mind.. dont bother with this game :lol:
Traffic is a very boring part of CS. I honestly turn off my city after it gets to a big size because of the tedious traffic management. The part I hate about traffic is that you can make anything you like and plan anything you like but it will still fail.

but rest of the game is top notch.

Top Bottom